Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Easy to sit behind a keyboard making these kind of statements, but what would Levy do if City came in with 200 and Chelsea offered 250? I honestly wouldn't know. At similar value bids there is no way Levy sells to Chelsea.

Obviously not only because of the non existing relationship between the two clubs - also partly because of the fans.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I wouldn't know - as he is never fit to play whenever I watch Leipzig.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I wouldn't know - as he is never fit to play whenever I watch Leipzig.

Some idiot told him to take treatment for an injury instead of surgery...and then he had surgery for it anyway because treatment didn't work. That's pretty much the story there. RBL also planned for him not to be there next season once they got to the end of this one.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Some idiot told him to take treatment for an injury instead of surgery...and then he had surgery for it anyway because treatment didn't work. That's pretty much the story there. RBL also planned for him not to be there next season once they got to the end of this one.

He missed the year before as well.

Seems a bit odd that Liverpool of all teams should go for a player that has missed so much football the last two seasons, but he might have just been unlucky.

Time will tell if Leipzig will accept the new proposed fee Liverpool will offer after the medical.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Thanks.

I just think there might be a difference between having solid value for Milan and being an expensive buy for a team that wants to go far in the CL. Again - I haven't watched him enough to say - for all I know he has been brilliant in the big games in Italy this season, but he to me feels like a player that can be dangerous against weaker teams and be a liability against the really good ones (which you obviously will be up against come QF etc. in the CL).

Just had a quick look at his stats for this season. He has 8 goals and 8 assists in the league and EL.

Of the 7 goals in the league only one goal against a top half team (Lazio). The rest was scored against Spezia, Torino, Benevento and Parma. Teams ending up 15, 17, 18 and 20th.

For his assists the 6 are more evenly distributed. 3 out of 6 are against Atalanta (3rd), Napoli (5th) and Sassuolo (8th). I haven't seen the assists, but that isn't too bad I would imagine.

In the EL his two assists were against Celtic. Not a terrible team, but probably a bottom half Serie A team (if that). His goal came against Red Star. Don't believe I saw them play this season, but hardly a world class team. In his three games against Lille and Man Utd no goals or assists.

He is still young of course. Danny Rose might not even been a LB at the time he was 23. Before he completely lost it he was a rock solid LB. Defensively close to perfect in the CL final - as an example.

And don't get me wrong. I like watching him - I just wouldn't pay that if I was PSG. For him personally I think he would be better off staying in Italy as well. Improving on his defensive side of the game.

Considering that PSG has money and they're playing right now Kurzawa or Bernat it's a no brainer to sign Theo who is easily better than both.
Anything a LB contributes is a plus and those stats are outstanding. Surely you wouldn't expect that all his goals are against CL teams, do you? He would instantly be the best LB in the world if it was that case

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Considering that PSG has money and they're playing right now Kurzawa or Bernat it's a no brainer to sign Theo who is easily better than both.
Anything a LB contributes is a plus and those stats are outstanding. Surely you wouldn't expect that all his goals are against CL teams, do you? He would instantly be the best LB in the world if it was that case

Do you punk?

Wasn't my main point was it?

If you are buying someone because they are producing you might be a bit disappointed when that player in the later rounds of the CL becomes a liability defensively without much production. Might as well buy a LB which isn't a liability then - or?

Not like PSG need a LB to produce against the bottom half teams to win the league - or maybe they do :laugh:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Konate deal is close, but Liverpool need to sell deadwood before they buy more players

From James Pearce
  • Also stating Konate is more or less done. He has first choice with Pau Torres and Caleta-Car also on the list
  • Kabak is not being retained and is already moved out of the UK
  • Working on contract extensions with Alisson and Fabinho. Kelleher will go into the season as 2nd choice.
  • The following players are out of contact in 2023 and we also be starting extension talks soon. 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 14
  • Klopp happy with the fullbacks he has in house.
  • Wijnaldum may not be replaced, club may give more minutes to healthy Henderson and Curtis Jones.
  • Yves Bissouma is not a target
  • LFC need to sell to buy after Konate. They value Origi at 20m, Harry Wilson and Marko Grujic at 15m.
  • No high profile exits are expected
  • Harvey Elliott will get a chance in preseason to show he is ready

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Do you punk?

Wasn't my main point was it?

If you are buying someone because they are producing you might be a bit disappointed when that player in the later rounds of the CL becomes a liability defensively without much production. Might as well buy a LB which isn't a liability then - or?

Not like PSG need a LB to produce against the bottom half teams to win the league - or maybe they do :laugh:

Liverpool seemed fine with Trent Alexander Arnold

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I absolutely love Theo, and think his offensive game more than makes up for his defensive game. But if I'm PSG I look for someone more defensively inclined to play behind Neymar, Theo has his brainfarts defensively. Digne?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I have watched Everton less than I usually do this season, but my impression is that Digne has taken quite some steps defensively. I would be shocked if he isn't a much better player defensively now vs. when he left PSG.

Maybe Spurs can send PSG Reguilon for Pochettino? Would be amazing :laugh:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Digne was IMO unfairly ciriticized in his time with PSG. He was solid on both ends already.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I have watched Everton less than I usually do this season, but my impression is that Digne has taken quite some steps defensively. I would be shocked if he isn't a much better player defensively now vs. when he left PSG.

Maybe Spurs can send PSG Reguilon for Pochettino? Would be amazing :laugh:

I don't think Reguilon is a lost cause yet. I'd send them Aurier back, heard they might want him.

Mercato : Aurier-PSG, remariage dans l’air

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Why on earth would you leave AC Milan for bloody PSG? No chance Theo Hernandez wants to do that.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don't think Reguilon is a lost cause yet. I'd send them Aurier back, heard they might want him.

Mercato : Aurier-PSG, remariage dans l’air

Not completely serious. I haven't given up on Reguilon myself. Quite obvious that he is struggling with confidence now. A summer and a new coach and we suddenly might see a good Reguilon again.

Aurier I think thankfully is gone. Seems like a fantastic guy, but it clearly isn't working at Spurs. Playing for a team with high end CDs and he might come good again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad