Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That's my argument. Their TV deal is terrible. Mid table clubs in England can scoop up players for relatively cheaply. Players salaries are much higher if they go.

It is a bit of a chicken and an egg argument. If you paid more for players, maybe the revenues would go up, but I think it's hard to break that cycle.
Yea, mid table clubs in the EPL have more financial power than most teams in L1 except PSG. The EPL TV deal and the prize money they give out is just massive compared to what clubs in L1 get.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Read the thread now.
There's less of a % difference between the first and last in L1 than most leagues like La Liga for instance.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The guardian's article about the United wish list and then the opinion piece to try and prevent Kane from going to City are kinda funny.

Manchester United must stop Harry Kane joining their city rivals | Jamie Jackson

Manchester United eye moves for Sancho, Rice, Kane and Pau Torres

That's a truck load of money. If they're spending that, the entire summer is going to be bonkers. Especially considering what United have already spent in the past couple of transfer windows.

Sancho is expected to cost much less now. Plus there's the option of using Martial as part of deal with Kane, unless some team wants to buy him outright.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Sancho is expected to cost much less now. Plus there's the option of using Martial as part of deal with Kane, unless some team wants to buy him outright.

I think there's zippy chance Kane goes to United if City want him.

I also don't know if Sancho is going to cost that much less, with 3 or 4 clubs potentially bidding. But who knows.

Even if they were just to get a central defender (of the ones linked), Sancho and say, a midfielder, they're looking at closing in on 150.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

I also don't know if Sancho is going to cost that much less, with 3 or 4 clubs potentially bidding. But who knows.

Even if they were just to get a central defender (of the ones linked), Sancho and say, a midfielder, they're looking at closing in on 150.

I already posted one article in the previous thread with comments from Romano that the price has dropped to around 77 million pounds or euros. There is interest from other teams but Sancho himself is apparently set on United.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Yep exactly my thought too.

Excluding transfer fees I am expecting crazy salaries if Sancho join United. It's not just about the transfer fee the wages has to be crazy high too.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I already posted one article in the previous thread with comments from Romano that the price has dropped to around 77 million pounds or euros. There is interest from other teams but Sancho himself is apparently set on United.

Even if it's down that low (and I'm not sure), that's pre escalators, and definitely pre salary. It doesn't matter for United, as they have stupid money, and can pay whatever they really want to pay (not to mention motivation to do so to try and buy good will).

I don't believe the 'set on X team' crap at all. We saw it with Werner, and Liverpool, though that might have been more due to Liverpool being broke.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
77 million pounds is nothing and there are more behind that low fee. i.e. signing bonus, agent fee, salary, add-on?

I mean United have the most revenues and can overspend all clubs but let's be honest. Unless they take on major financial risks even with their crazy revenues they cannot afford all the like of Sancho, Kane, Rice, Haaland and more.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Plus, we haven't even really asked our resident Dortmund expert if Sancho is allowed to leave this summer, and what the cost will be.

I'm sure your 77 will be 150 to them.

Reactions: Jussi

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Plus, we haven't even really asked our resident Dortmund expert if Sancho is allowed to leave this summer, and what the cost will be.

I'm sure your 77 will be 150 to them.
Kind of a weird comment to make given he was right last summer and most likely will be right about Haaland this summer.

Reactions: AB13 and JeffreyLFC

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean he may be right about Haaland. But the fact that we weren't allowed to even discuss Haaland rumors around him was pretty obnoxious.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I mean he may be right about Haaland. But the fact that we weren't allowed to even discuss Haaland rumors around him was pretty obnoxious.
No one guaranteed he leaves in the summer to my knowledge. However he was arguing that haaland will stay in dortmund throughout his career. Which is laughable.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
This is shaping up to be one of the most exciting mercatos in a long time

Mbappe (there’s a good chance he’s staying in Paris but we never know) , Haaland. Dollaruma going to Juve and all the managerial carousel

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
This is shaping up to be one of the most exciting mercatos in a long time

Mbappe (there’s a good chance he’s staying in Paris but we never know) , Haaland. Dollaruma going to Juve and all the managerial carousel
I could see United spending big too. It’ll be the Glazers trying to get fan support back as well as Ole strengthening the team after a 2nd place finish. I’m thinking they get a winger (Sancho), a backup RB, and a CB (Torres) for sure as well as maybe some depth. There’s still so many players that can’t cut it at United. I mean Grant/Romero both will never play for United but they do have Henderson/DDG in goal. Lindelof, Jones, and Dalot all suck. Bailly is always injured and Williams is at best a bench player. So basically in the backline you got Shaw/Telles/Maguire/Tuanzebe/AWB. In the midfield Lingard, Pereira, Mata, and Matic are all mediocre at best. Fred is good but also very limited. Donny never plays but he should. I don’t think they’ll do much at CM but maybe get a DM but doubt it. Up top Rashford, Greenwood, and Cavani are all great, but that’s all they got. James is limited, Amad is young, Martial is inconsistent. Honestly I see them buying a starting RW and rotating in Greenwood.

Reactions: Power Man

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Can we talk about how hypocritical Gary Neville is here?

Complaining about greed and ownership putting the team in more debt with Old Trafford literally falling apart and then also campaigning for nine figures worth of signings? Kick rocks.

Reactions: JeffreyLFC

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Can we talk about how hypocritical Gary Neville is here?

Complaining about greed and ownership putting the team in more debt with Old Trafford literally falling apart and then also campaigning for nine figures worth of signings? Kick rocks.
Manchester United in a nutshell.

People always complaining so much about their ownership and the debt while forgetting they are literally outspending all other major clubs in football every single year and still expect more big signing.

Last edited:
Reactions: N o o d l e s
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA