Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 2: Håland leaving. Some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Juve withdrawing their contract extension for Dybala. Which is about as stupid as you can get. Hopefully he gets to go somewhere salvage something. United or city maybe? His contract is up next year.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
@Evilo how would you rate Gouiri as a player? Do you think he's ready for a step up or are Nice the right stature of club for his current level?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You can find multiple posts from me about Gouiri. He's absolutely awesome and clearly is already Nice's best player as a first year pro. Lyon was totally robbed which every football fan could tell when it happened. 8 MF Millions lol.
Anyway :

Positives :
Natural scorer : he could still be more deadly (which is scary) but the guy can score from anywhere
Excellent passer : sweet touch that allows him to cross, shoot FK with excellent accuracy
Excellent dribbler : can go past a'y defenseman
Hard worker : he's an excellent presser and works hard as first defenseman. Usually young players take a few years to learn and apply that.

Negatives :
Speed : he's not that explosive modern striker who beats you in 2 meters (Mbappe, Haaland). That means he won't reach the heights of those two or guys like Henry.
Versatility : obviously that's a positive but that also means he'll be often played as a winger and will have less chances to score in the box.

If he works hard in his finishing (which as I said is already excellent) he's got top 5 striker in the world all over him.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Juve withdrawing their contract extension for Dybala. Which is about as stupid as you can get. Hopefully he gets to go somewhere salvage something. United or city maybe? His contract is up next year.
Aim lower. Probably Tottenham or Everton.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
8 months ago he was named Juve player of the season.... ronaldo was on that team btw.

As much as I love Dybala and I own two Dybala jerseys, I am quite upset with him. Here he is demanding all kinds of money on his next contract, has been injured for most of the season and had complications with covid and he decides to party. Genius Idea! Plus lately, all he's been doing is making videos for social media.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
As much as I love Dybala and I own two Dybala jerseys, I am quite upset with him. Here he is demanding all kinds of money on his next contract, has been injured for most of the season and had complications with covid and he decides to party. Genius Idea! Plus lately, all he's been doing is making videos for social media.
He's definitely an idiot for doing that. As for the contract he's allowed to ask for what he wants.

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
You can find multiple posts from me about Gouiri. He's absolutely awesome and clearly is already Nice's best player as a first year pro. Lyon was totally robbed which every football fan could tell when it happened. 8 MF Millions lol.
Anyway :

Positives :
Natural scorer : he could still be more deadly (which is scary) but the guy can score from anywhere
Excellent passer : sweet touch that allows him to cross, shoot FK with excellent accuracy
Excellent dribbler : can go past a'y defenseman
Hard worker : he's an excellent presser and works hard as first defenseman. Usually young players take a few years to learn and apply that.

Negatives :
Speed : he's not that explosive modern striker who beats you in 2 meters (Mbappe, Haaland). That means he won't reach the heights of those two or guys like Henry.
Versatility : obviously that's a positive but that also means he'll be often played as a winger and will have less chances to score in the box.

If he works hard in his finishing (which as I said is already excellent) he's got top 5 striker in the world all over him.

Thanks for the breakdown. I saw him profiled as a potential Firmino replacement, it sounds like he could be a good fit.

Reactions: Evilo

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Thanks for the breakdown. I saw him profiled as a potential Firmino replacement, it sounds like he could be a good fit.
I don’t think he is athletic as Firmino. I think Gouiri does great in Spain or Italy, but not sure PL is the best spot for him.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Juve have put themselves in a corner where it's Dybala or Ronaldo. Dybala is right to demand serious wages in that context. Juve are going to be extremely stupid, and are going to pick Ronaldo.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Juve have put themselves in a corner where it's Dybala or Ronaldo. Dybala is right to demand serious wages in that context. Juve are going to be extremely stupid, and are going to pick Ronaldo.
I dont think its their choice, regarding ROnaldo. If he wants to leave which might happen then he will leave. THe real mistake was bringing him in the first place. That and changing Dybala's position(not providing him a AM after Pogba left)

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I dont think its their choice, regarding ROnaldo. If he wants to leave which might happen then he will leave. THe real mistake was bringing him in the first place. That and changing Dybala's position(not providing him a AM after Pogba left)

Why a mistake? Juventus and the Italian league as a whole had become almost irrelevant before his arrival. It will always have been worth it regardless of what happens next.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's not irrelevant now?
Juventus has done worse with Ronaldo in the CL than without him. Those are facts.
The italian league is only worth watching for Atalanta and Sassuolo right now.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
In a way, it was a mistake because of the price and age. I don't think I'd be saying this if it was prime Ronaldo, but old man Ronaldo has handcuffed us financially.

PS: I used to watch a lot of Premier League games when I was a kid because I had more PL channels than Serie A channels. I watched Ronaldo since his ManU debut.

Last edited:

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos

The real mistake was surrounding him with very questionable players. None of which are world class and very few of which anyone would even consider in the conversation.
They also let go of people like Cancelo.

If they had Allegri stay, Allegri would run that team with tactical discipline, defense and a bunch of warriors.
They may have had better results in Europe, they might not - but their identity would still be there.

Now....? Please.

In this Juve team, I don't think I'd pick anyone except Ronaldo and De Ligt at their current age and form for any of the other super-teams in Europe.

There's a reason Inter is so far ahead, they're actually the better team, with better players and a better coach.
Brozovic and Barella Juve can only dream of, and they would make this Juve team starved of quality midfielders worlds better.

Dybala's 27. Not 18. He is what he is, a luxury player in the mold of James, a player who very few managers can really accommodate and maybe, just maybe, he's not good enough for the managers to change formation and tactics because of him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad