Transfer: Summer transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Willem Geubbels has officially been transfered from Lyon to Monaco for 20M€.
Has a non-pro player ever been transfered for that type of money?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Rui Patricio to Wolves is official.
Great move, on the older side, but easily has the talent to keep them in majority of games.

Which means that Nainggolan is going to Inter.
Lol, why would Roma sell him? He's passed his prime?

Sad to see Jack go. Sounds like he was willibg to take a pay cut and was ultimately pushed away by the club :(
Meh, he didn't deserve a pay raise for being constantly injured to the point we had to loan him out to scrub clubs. I totally get why this will sting for some of the Gooners here, I totally get it, but this isn't a big loss for me. I mean it is due to how pathetic our midfield is, but not because of him as a player.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Meh, he didn't deserve a pay raise for being constantly injured to the point we had to loan him out to scrub clubs. I totally get why this will sting for some of the Gooners here, I totally get it, but this isn't a big loss for me. I mean it is due to how pathetic our midfield is, but not because of him as a player.
Thats the thing though. He was willing to cut his pay which just shows how much he loved the club and I would happily take him at a reduced price. I thought up until March of this year he was putting in some good work and was finally trending slightly up.

I always thought he was going to move on but I was hoping we would give him one more year, one last chance!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Thats the thing though. He was willing to cut his pay which just shows how much he loved the club and I would happily take him at a reduced price. I thought up until March of this year he was putting in some good work and was finally trending slightly up.

I always thought he was going to move on but I was hoping we would give him one more year, one last chance!
He NEVER ever seems(ed) like a player that Sven wants(ed). If you look at who we're rumoured to be after now and you'll notice how none of them are similar to Wilshere. Just a change in philosophy, so I was expecting players to go with a new director of football, new player personnel, and new manager.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
He NEVER ever seems(ed) like a player that Sven wants(ed). If you look at who we're rumoured to be after now and you'll notice how none of them are similar to Wilshere. Just a change in philosophy, so I was expecting players to go with a new director of football, new player personnel, and new manager.

Looks like it will be a typical Unai team. More brute force in the midfield and less players like Jack. I'm curious to see how Ramsey gets handled. He's another guy i have grown to really like (despite inconsistent football)that is similar to Jack in the sense that he offensive minded. If both guys end up leaving It will just feel strange to me

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Looks like it will be a typical Unai team. More brute force in the midfield and less players like Jack. I'm curious to see how Ramsey gets handled. He's another guy i have grown to really like (despite inconsistent football)that is similar to Jack in the sense that he offensive minded. If both guys end up leaving It will just feel strange to me
Hell, we were rumoured to be going after Forsberg and Emil with Ramsey seem like similar players.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Hell, we were rumoured to be going after Forsberg and Emil with Ramsey seem like similar players.

Very similiar. Maybe its just the want for more change in the dressing room? I always wonder in these transitions how it feels for the long staying players like Ramsey. Maybe its best for Unai to have as clean of a slate as possible?

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Arsenal getting close to that 50m budget eh?

Still plenty of players to be sold and tons of wages coming off the books. We need a Soyuncu/Pavard and Golovin/Lozano type signing to be in excellent shape.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I honestly think Lozano is a better fit for Liverpool than Pulisic. Don't think I would have said that a month ago

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I'd be willing to settle for Martial on the clearance rack and let United/Liverpool fight it out for Lozano. :nod:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'd be willing to settle for Martial on the clearance rack and let United/Liverpool fight it out for Lozano. :nod:
Well Liverpool isnt in on Lozano (yet) but they are in on Pulisic.

Klopp is a big Pulisic fan, but Liverpool put a lot of goal scoring responsibility on their wingers/inside forwards, and Lozano is a better finisher. Pulisic is more of a dribble through you and set something up guy. Which is fine, but LFC need goals from those positions too. Lozano will get double digit goals, Pulisic probably wont. The only team I've heard connected with Lozano is Everton actually

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Well Liverpool isnt in on Lozano (yet) but they are in on Pulisic.

Klopp is a big Pulisic fan, but Liverpool put a lot of goal scoring responsibility on their wingers/inside forwards, and Lozano is a better finisher. Pulisic is more of a dribble through you and set something up guy. Which is fine, but LFC need goals from those positions too. Lozano will get double digit goals, Pulisic probably wont. The only team I've heard connected with Lozano is Everton actually

Lozano would be cheaper than Pulisic too. He'd certainly fit well with Liverpool as you said.

There was a rumor that Wenger really wanted Martial in the Alexis swap, but Sven preferred Mkhi. I think Arsenal might be priced out of a move for him this summer, if there is even still interest, and I'm sure United would prefer to sell him elsewhere.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Lozano and Pulisic are also huge manchester united supporter which does not bode well for Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad