Transfer: Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part VI

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Some Barca stuff:

—Dembele’s signing expected to be made official this week. Since his is a signing and this isn’t a renewal transfer fee is 0, so if you average out the two times we signed him…. ;)
—Raphinha deal with Leeds reportedly agreed. 50 million + an additional 10 million in variables. Personal terms have been rumored to have been agreed for a while, so I would expect this to be official as soon as the next economic lever is done. Personally not a fan of this move as I think the club could better invest that sort of money and since we already have Dembele coming back. I’d rather save the money and give Collado a shot since they’re offloading Trincao.
—I’d have kept him, but Trincao is heading to Sporting Lisbon. I think they’ll be obligated to purchase him and overall Barca will get 20 million when it’s all said and done as apparently Wolves owe 6 million for not purchasing him.
—Depay is the rumored casualty of the Dembele signing and probably Raphinha signing. Regardless of the other two he should be sold. Hopefully he club can get 20 million for him. His wages are likely slightly more than what they’ll be paying Raphinha.
—De Jong should be back in training tomorrow. Vast majority of rumors are saying he wants to stay. The club is expected to ask him to take a pay cut or they’ll ask him to leave on a transfer. I’m hoping he takes a pay cut (though I think they should make good on his deferred wages and sort it all together) and stays as I think he’s an important member of the team overall and he’d be sorely missed (more than most realize) if he’s sold.
—Las Palmas’ president rumored to be traveling to Barcelona to negotiate the transfer of Alberto Moleiro. This rumor is coming from the local Canarian press so not sure what to make of it. The club has been linked with the player and the clubs have done business before (as with Pedri), but the player also signed a new deal and so his buyout went up to 30 million if I recall correctly. Hopefully they come to an agreement like that of Pedri’s which was a small fee up front with variables tacked on to the back.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
They've already paid all of that. You should stop posting false sources.

Regardless of that, it’s not like these are late payments. Some may be, I don’t know. but the vast majority of clubs pay transfers in installments. The fact this has to be said, again, on this forum is…

EDIT: Better yet, read his “source”. Aspiring journalist and yet read his tweets. The one about Gerrard I’m sure will go over well. Clearly doesn’t like Barcelona because Chelsea can’t compete for Raphinha because the player prefers Barca. Even had a laughable take on Christensen.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Regardless of that, it’s not like these are late payments. Some may be, I don’t know. but the vast majority of clubs pay transfers in installments. The fact this has to be said, again, on this forum is…

EDIT: Better yet, read his “source”. Aspiring journalist and yet read his tweets. The one about Gerrard I’m sure will go over well. Clearly doesn’t like Barcelona because Chelsea can’t compete for Raphinha because the player prefers Barca. Even had a laughable take on Christensen.
My bad, just saw it posted at RedCafe. :blush:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
So I was looking to see if there was any movement for a few players and one of them was Todibo. Todibo was linked to United three days ago and yet you didn’t read a word of it here.

BREAKING:
FRANKIE DE JONG CHANGES BODY WASH. IS HE WASHING HIMSELF OF HIS BARCA HISTORY IN A SHOCK MOVE TO PITTSBURGH PENGUINS?

Fake news. Penguins, like United, would be a massive step down for Frenkie.

Reactions: Gecklund

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Hopefully Romero is correct here and the price is 50Mish. Lots of wingers though, quite a few players need to be offloaded.

Also hope they can somehow get Lewa as well, but sounds like that is still complicated.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

From the Telegraph article:

De Jong is reputed to be due to return to training with Barcelona on Monday but United have been given encouragement behind the scenes that he remains open to the move, with sources indicating that they would not have progressed a deal this far if that was not the case, despite claims in Spain that the player has no intention of quitting the Catalan club.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Are they going to do Raphinha AND Dembele or is it one or the other ?
All reports are saying its both... I believe (hope) its one or the other. just seem incredibly dumb to potentially have two of Dembele, Torres, Raphina and Fati on the bench at those prices when there is much improvement needed elsewhere.

Reactions: Savant and les Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad