Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Few chances a forward costs a title.

Well it probably would have put Origi who played a pretty vital part in the title further down the pecking order.

They had their reason for doing what they did and ended up having a very successful season. No need to speculate what could have been really

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Gonzalo-celebrating-13.07.1.jpg
Haha ! :D

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Mateu Morey officially signs with Dortmund. He was brought in because Hakimi should be leaving in another season after his two year loan is up. We also extended Dzenis Burnic, and loaned him out to a team in 2. Bundesliga where he played half a season last year. I don't think he'll ever play for our first team, but maybe we'll make some money when he leaves on a permanent transfer in a few seasons.

Goncalo Guedes linked to Dortmund today from a newspaper in Spain. Don't believe it. We have no need for wingers. He's also way overrated. We were linked to Schick, as well from kicker. Much more believable, but it could come down to whether or not Favre relents on his insistence to not bring in a bigger striker. We could use someone to split time with Alcacer. Neither striker is great, but a time share wouldn't be bad.

There are conflicting reports about whether we are going to sign Ianis Hagi. The most reliable source of all the reports states that our sporting director hasn't even went to watch him play yet, while other reports state we are in advanced negotiations to sign him. It doesn't make much sense. We have too much depth already at his position. I'd lean towards it not being true.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bayern hasn't signed any of their top targets this summer. I can't see them signing Dembele. I think if the Neymar deal goes through, Dembele will be part of the deal going the other way to PSG.

Bayern isn't doing well on the transfer market this summer, and there's an obvious tell anytime that happens. Every time they struggle to sign players, they put out a report that says they weren't convinced of those players. There was a report today in kicker that they weren't convinced of signing either Hazard or Brandt, so they let Dortmund sign those two players. Maybe they weren't, but its rubbish because its the Bayern tactic that they are known for. This comes after a report today from Bild that made them look bad after it was reveled we beat them to signing Mateu Morey.

They also are struggling on the CB market. They wanted to sign Kabak, but he preferred Schalke instead because he didn't want to wait for them to sell Boateng. They need to sign another CB because they were practically pushing Boateng out the door a few weeks ago, and it doesn't look like they are going to do an about face and let him stay. Today they were rumored to sign Kevin Vogt. It would make a lot more sense to keep Boateng instead of signing Vogt, but that would take Bayern retracting their initial stance, which their club hierarchy probably doesn't want to do.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Actually, there's no telling if Fekir had put Liverpool on top of the EPL. Quite possible.
They put up 97 points and won the CL. Nobody is regretting not signing Fekir, and I don't think anyone is worried about Spurs going 'full Liverpool'. They don't have it in them.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well you should be regreting. Because one goal there or one assist here and who knows?
Not regreting signing a prime offensive player when you had trouble scoring in the games you didn't win is weird.

And hopefully Spurs don't have it in them to stop a medical for nothing indeed.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Well you should be regreting. Because one goal there or one assist here and who knows?
Not regreting signing a prime offensive player when you had trouble scoring in the games you didn't win is weird.

Which was my only point - that somehow turned into "Liverpool envy". I used to live in Asia so maybe that has lead me to subconsciously envy their red shirts. Sometimes you don´t know yourself as well as one might think. Or if N´Dombele signs for Spurs, but ends up being crocked then I would actually "envy" Liverpool and their medical staff as well.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

If they had him, Origi may never have been used at all, and they never would have won those games he won with miracle goals. Maybe they wouldn't have needed them, but who knows. At the beginning of the season Shaqiri also did great things and they definitely wouldn't have had him.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
The drought is over. Jack Clarke signed for Spurs - and loaned back to Leeds for a year. Good deal.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Very nice.

He could probably learn a lot from Sonny.

From what I have heard he really needs to work on his stamina.

Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Based on YouTube I don't see anything special with Clarke, but it is YouTube so... In any case if it doesn't work out Spurs would probably get 8.5m back selling him. This is like a 2-3rd round pick basically.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Tanguy Ndombele arrives at Tottenham for medical to seal £55m transfer

Roma are considering a move for the Spurs centre-half Toby Alderweireld, and the idea has been floated that the Italian club’s midfielder Nicolò Zaniolo could be part of a deal. That would involve Spurs paying a surplus because Alderweireld is available for £25m this month under a clause in his contract and Zaniolo, a 20-year-old prospect, is rated in the £40m bracket.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I would take that deal. Would find it hard to believe Alderweireld being interested though. He wants a big pay day - and therefore it makes more sense to run down the contract at this point - rather than signing for a team like Roma.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Jayden Bogle who was linked with Birghton early in June for a 10 pound move before fizzling out has re-emerged as the main Albion target. 18, Derby, plays RB which is a huge need at the moment. Could be a great long term Bruno replacement

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
What is it not to like from Zaniolo? Not that I see why he would move to Spurs at this time in his career. Even with Eriksen gone he would probably struggle to get much playing time.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Why should they regret that? Shaqiri and Origi combined for similar production to what Fekir had this season in fewer minutes. On top of which who knows if he would have gotten injured, or who else would have suffered if he joined? Completely silly.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
What is it not to like from Zaniolo? Not that I see why he would move to Spurs at this time in his career. Even with Eriksen gone he would probably struggle to get much playing time.

Because I'm convinced that we need another playmaker. Preferably one that is good out wide.

Reactions: Fro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad