Transfer: Summer Transfer News And Rumors part 5

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Smart kid

We were recruiting Bellingham for like 2-3 years prior. He liked that we weren't a club that came in at the end of the recruitment when he was playing in the Championship as a 16 year old. He was given a clear plan, where he'd be used, and how he could improve. I think a few other clubs offered more money. Man United and Bayern were mentioned constantly before Dortmund was able to negotiate fee with Birmingham.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
1.) Pogba is likely gone soon anyway, so being able to head of PSG pursuit off Camavinga by offering Pogba would be a great way to make something productive of his departure.

2.) Pogba for France is way different than Pogba for United. He simply hasn’t been able to perform at the level we just saw on anything like a consistent basis since he’s arrived. Whether that’s manager or system or just him, or a combination of all three, I dunno. But that plays in a lot.

3.) I’d love to see a midfield of Camavinga/Pogba/Bruno ideally, but that’s where point #1 comes in
Pogba was great with Juventus, he has never fit with United and just seems like a change will be able to rejuvenant his domestic career. I don't think it's fair to say that because he hasn't been consistent with United, he isn't a good player. He's still world class and will show it when he gets out of rainy filled Manchester.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
This should be done soon

Meanwhile Anderlecht have had a €4M bid for Gyrano Kerk (Utrecht) rejected as they seem to want at least €8M

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
A Xhaka - Pogba midfield would be amazing. Absolutely world class for 25 mins. Crap for 5 mins. Sensatinal for the next 10 mins etc.

And Spurs are trying to bring in more poor to average central defenders as they are showing interest in Vestergaard :(

Reactions: AB13

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

i will never forget that wonderful matuidi - veratti - motta midfield

motta is one of many brazilians who switched nationality.

Reactions: Gecklund

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And Barca signed Depay, Aguero, Garcia and wanted Wijnaldum. Without being able to afford it.

That said, this will be resolved when Griezmann, Dembele, Umtiti and Lenglet are thrown out. Right?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Mwepu to Brighton.

Guendouzi to Marseille.

Basel have inquired about Joshua Zirkzee, who spent the 2nd half of last season on loan at Parma.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Why? I think it's pretty clear club loyalty from the teams you supported as a kid doesn't stop players from making moves that benefit them.
Pogba not wanting to go to PSG is not solely dictated by him not liking them as a kid, although I do think that does affect things. I struggle to see why any ambitious player would prefer playing in Ligue 1 with PSG over United though. The only reasonable argument is living in Paris over Manchester.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Pogba not wanting to go to PSG is not solely dictated by him not liking them as a kid, although I do think that does affect things. I struggle to see why any ambitious player would prefer playing in Ligue 1 with PSG over United though. The only reasonable argument is living in Paris over Manchester.
As much as I hate to admit it, PSG is much closer to a CL than United are.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean he'll make more money, win titles, legitimately challenge for the Champions League, and get to live in one of the best cities in the world. There's a ton of reasons to pick PSG over United.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad