Transfer: Summer Transfer News And Rumors part 5

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't know but it has to be significant if no other club want to chime in.

:dunno: No clue; I'm just assuming that a battle between them & PSG isn't going to end up with a wage package that many teams would want to take on this summer...even for a talent like Camavinga.

I mean of course it’s going to be a lot, but LFC can’t pretend that they can’t afford a guy like that.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
The rumor is that United might be offering a crazy wage package to Camavinga that would make him make him the highest paid player at LFC which is 200k/weekly

So yes, united are very aggressive in their pursuit of players with Sancho, Camavinga and possibly Varane receiving tons of money. They sure are not messing around this summer.

Also they might move Pogba to offset the salaries too..

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The rumor is that United might be offering a crazy wage package to Camavinga that would make him make him the highest paid player at LFC which is 200k/weekly

So yes, united are very aggressive in their pursuit of players with Sancho, Camavinga and possibly Varane receiving tons of money. They sure are not messing around this summer.
And still the fans complain about the Glazers

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don't think their sales have been big flops. Brewster is still young and has had success in the championship before so its a wait and see on him. I think Sheffield paid too much and Wilder didn't want him so was a weird transfer but if he can help get them back in the premier league it could turn out well. Solanke just put up a 20 goal season in the championship. If he was bought last summer after they were relegated to replace Wilson it would have been considered good business and at 23 he would have teams interested in him. Since he was bought in January and was supposed to help avoid relegation and scored just 1 goal he's considered a flop but another 20+ goal season and it's not that bad. Harry Wilson has had some good loan spells in the EPL and championship, if a lower table team is buying for a good price I think it'll be good business. If you are buying hoping he fires you into the top 8 then you'll be disappointed. He should provide 5-10 goals and 5-10 assists. For 10M you can't really ask for much more.
I think Brewster has potential still. But that money is a lot more than he’s worth now. I didn’t mind Solanke, but they turned a hefty profit on him.

But for those two there’s a brad Smith or Ibe who did a lot of nothing. Hell, they got good money for Bentke and Sakho.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The Glazers are like the Anti Tottenham/Arsenal. They would rather invest in the team than the facilities/stadium.
Which is good for the short term, but all but guarantees constant up/down cycles.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W

Also they might move Pogba to offset the salaries too..

They know that big signings and success are the easiest way to shut the detractors among the fans up. The United fan protests always felt like the phoniest ones.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I suggest is that the hope is Camavinga gets to Pogba's level.

1.) Pogba is likely gone soon anyway, so being able to head of PSG pursuit off Camavinga by offering Pogba would be a great way to make something productive of his departure.

2.) Pogba for France is way different than Pogba for United. He simply hasn’t been able to perform at the level we just saw on anything like a consistent basis since he’s arrived. Whether that’s manager or system or just him, or a combination of all three, I dunno. But that plays in a lot.

3.) I’d love to see a midfield of Camavinga/Pogba/Bruno ideally, but that’s where point #1 comes in

Reactions: East Coast Bias

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I really don’t think getting Camavinga would have anything to do with Pogba leaving. Especially if it’s close to that price point.

I think it’s directly correlated. As these rumors have picked up, Pogba to PSG picked up too. But who knows.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
And still the fans complain about the Glazers

First of all, lets get Varane and Camavinga (and see who leaves and for how much) before we all start worshipping the Glazers.

Second of all, lets see them continue to invest the clubs money back into the club season on season

Third of all lets not forget the near decade long mediocrity we've endured under their ownership, whilst they continued to line their own pockets at the clubs expense. And the years before that when SAF dragged the team to places it didn't belong, whilst they lined their own pockets at the clubs expense.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think Brewster has potential still. But that money is a lot more than he’s worth now. I didn’t mind Solanke, but they turned a hefty profit on him.

But for those two there’s a brad Smith or Ibe who did a lot of nothing. Hell, they got good money for Bentke and Sakho.

What, Brad Smith is good in MLS.

Well I wasn't going that far back but yes there's been very good sales on some not so good players. But there's some bad buys in there too. Just last year Brewster was good sale but you spend half that on Tsimikas who didn't do anything. You bought Minamino who hasn't done a whole lot and sold Kent who's been great at Rangers. The year you sold Solanke you bought Keita who's ot worth the money.

I think you do a decent job of selling players, City and United seem to hardly sell. Chelsea is clearly the class of selling with their loan army. So as long as you're winning more than losing you can't be too upset.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
When you look at net owner funding, United are usually last in the PL. The only reason it isn’t more noticeable is because United have basically been able to print money with commercial sponsorships despite being mediocre on field.

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
What, Brad Smith is good in MLS.

Well I wasn't going that far back but yes there's been very good sales on some not so good players. But there's some bad buys in there too. Just last year Brewster was good sale but you spend half that on Tsimikas who didn't do anything. You bought Minamino who hasn't done a whole lot and sold Kent who's been great at Rangers. The year you sold Solanke you bought Keita who's ot worth the money.

I think you do a decent job of selling players, City and United seem to hardly sell. Chelsea is clearly the class of selling with their loan army. So as long as you're winning more than losing you can't be too upset.

They’ll likely make a decent chunk of change on Minamino when they do sell him. Tsmikas has been hurt, so who knows. I don’t like to judge a guy who hasn’t played, and I think they bought him knowing he wouldn’t play a ton anyhow. They made good money on Kent who would never play for them. Most of who they’ve moved on are bit part pieces for decent money. Hell, Danny Ward and Kevin Stewart brought in a lot of money.

I’ll spot you Keita, who can’t stay fit, though when he has played it has been some spurts of quality. I think that’s a bust, but I’m not sure injury is always going to be laid on the feet of the people doing the transfers. He had played most of the matches for the four years prior to Liverpool and now he can’t stay fit? It’s been comical.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
When you look at net owner funding, United are usually last in the PL. The only reason it isn’t more noticeable is because United have basically been able to print money with commercial sponsorships despite being mediocre on field.
Which owner have invested more than united other than the obvious 2?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Which owner have invested more than united other than the obvious 2?
In the last 5 years of the PL United has the least financing from their owners. They've taken 59mil more from the club than the 2nd lowest club which is Tottenham. But I think that was based on 14/15-18/19.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
In the last 5 years of the PL United has the least financing from their owners. They've taken 59mil more from the club than the 2nd lowest club which is Tottenham. But I think that was based on 14/15-18/19.
Yes but that is not fair comp. Most team have invested massively to remain in the EPL.

That being said United financial pull it out of this world considering their results on the field. I am surprised they have continued growing in revenues without sustainable CL success. The management and marketing are doing a phenomenal job there.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yes but that is not fair comp. Most team have invested massively to remain in the EPL.

That being said United financial pull it out of this world considering their results on the field. I am surprised they have continued growing in revenues without sustainable CL success.

I mean their success has obviously been hugely beneficial to how rich they've become. But money being taken from club has been an issue since the Glazers put 500mil in debt into the club during their takeover.

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad