Transfer: Summer Transfer News And Rumors part 5

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nantes is apparently pissed about the way Frankfurt have pursued Kolo Muani after having their initial 5M bid declined, and are filing a complaint with FIFA. lol Frankfurt, such a dislikeable club.

Bild is reporting Barca & the Madrid clubs are interested in Matthias Ginter. Alongside some quotes from Eberl basically conceding that he can't afford to make Ginter a contract offer that's comparable to what he could get from one of the La Liga giants or EPL teams that have been linked to him.

Michael Lang heads back to Basel from Gladbach after having been superseded by Lainer. Possibly opening some PT for Kurt & Scally to fight over.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'm not going to debate Mendy's ability, but technically 2/3s of the matches isn't consistently by definition as he stated. Better to say he started the majority of matches. Now exactly why that was the case, why he didn't start more consistently, might be something to look into. Was he injured or was it down more to selection?
You'd have to explain consistently then.
No player starts 100% of their team's game.
Heck, Jordi Alba hasn't consistently started over the ghost of the many LB from Barca over the years then.
Since he has played in less than 30 Liga games most of his seasons at Barca.
See how ridiculous it sounds.
Clearly, his post about "consistently starting over Marcelo until this year" is proven false. He has started consistenly over Marcelo and in fact, hasn't played more than the previous season (hence why his before this year was ALSO wrong).

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
FWIW, I'm looking at transfermarkt and it has Mendy as starting 24 games, including 2 games at LCB where Marcelo also started (at what is described as LM, but I imagine is LWB). That said, Marcelo only started 12. It looks like Mendy and Marcelo traded time at the start of the season, Mendy was the locked in started for December and January, Marcelo got some time and then got hurt. When he got back they both would play and then Mendy got hurt.

Mendy was definitely the starter but not far and away.
24 over 12 is not far and away??? :facepalm:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You'd have to explain consistently then.
No player starts 100% of their team's game.
Heck, Jordi Alba hasn't consistently started over the ghost of the many LB from Barca over the years then.
Since he has played in less than 30 Liga games most of his seasons at Barca.
See how ridiculous it sounds.
Clearly, his post about "consistently starting over Marcelo until this year" is proven false. He has started consistenly over Marcelo and in fact, hasn't played more than the previous season (hence why his before this year was ALSO wrong).

Again, I was going by the literal definition which is the point he made. I think the definition is stringent myself and quite frankly based on that I think most people use the word incorrectly, myself included.

As for his post, that wasn't my point. I'd have to see a direct quote to say he's using it incorrectly or not, but I'm not seeing that.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Some of these might have been posted already but Wolves just announced Jose Sa creating a GK transfer chain.

Marseille signed Pau Lopez on loan from Roma.
Roma signed Rui Patricio from Wolves.
Wolves signed Jose Sa from Olympiacos.
Olympiacos signed Tomas Vaclik who was at Sevilla.
Sevilla signed Marko Dmitrovic who was at Eibar.

Eibar still need another GK so it could continue.

The GK transfer chain continues!

Eibar signed Ander Cantero from Lugo.
Lugo signed Oscar Whalley from Castellon.
Castellon signed Ivan Martinez on loan from Osasuna. (He played for Osasuna Promesas)
Osasuna Promesas signed Dario Ramos from Getafe B.
Getafe B signed Viktor Nikolov from Socuellamos.
Socuellamos
signed both Diego Nieves from Villarrobledo and Joan Ramos from Portmany. Portmany haven't signed a GK according to transfermarkt.
Villarrobledo signed Adrian Real from Moralo.
Moralo signed Kike Reguero from Calvo Sotelo Puertollano.
Calvo Sotelo Puertollano signed Ximo Ballester from Racing Murcia, who haven't signed a GK yet.

Reactions: robertmac43

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->