Transfer: Summer Transfer News And Rumors part 5

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Again Manchester United are truly a cash cow. Incredible how they have managed to make that much money.

I believe they still have the best kit deal/sponsorship deal and other deal of all other premier league clubs.

Not to mention they have not won the league or the CL the past few years.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Again Manchester United are truly a cash cow. Incredible how they have managed to make that much money.
For all the garbage that Woodward has done to the club from a footballing side of things, he really is unbelievable on the money side of stuff.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England

I mean their success has obviously been hugely beneficial to how rich they've become. But money being taken from club has been an issue since the Glazers put 500mil in debt into the club during their takeover.

As someone who spent many years working for a disgustingly rich global company that looks all too familiar. Spend the absolute bare minimum on the core business, focus on marketing and sales, harvest the $$$$

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG is probably hesitant to spend a lot on Cama because he had a so-so year this season.
But the previous one was total world class.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
PSG is probably hesitant to spend a lot on Cama because he had a so-so year this season.
But the previous one was total world class.
I think United is being smart by putting in a big effort to sign when there(for whatever reason) doesn’t seem to be a ton of competition for him. I don’t think we get him, but you gotta take your shot when a guy with this sort of potential is available.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Napoli's tour of the BuLi is apparently continuing, as Zakaria is the latest BuLi target they are getting linked to. This time by italian journalist Ciro Venerato.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I think United is being smart by putting in a big effort to sign when there(for whatever reason) doesn’t seem to be a ton of competition for him. I don’t think we get him, but you gotta take your shot when a guy with this sort of potential is available.
I think Manchester United know that if they don't get him now, he would most likely sign on a free with Madrid or Barcelona.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I hope LFC true target is Gravenberch and that they are working very hard to make it happen. The more I think about it, the more he is exactly what LFC need. I don't like the rumors for Neuhaus, Bissouka, Sanches and Niguez. They have the talent but they are not young enough and would cost tons of money.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think Manchester United know that if they don't get him now, he would most likely sign on a free with Madrid or Barcelona.
Yup 100%. I’d pay pretty well over 50mil easily if it meant we got him this year. Would theoretically lock him up with us for the next ~ 5 years before he would leave for PSG, Barca, Madrid.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yup 100%. I’d pay pretty well over 50mil easily if it meant we got him this year. Would theoretically lock him up with us for the next ~ 5 years before he would leave for PSG, Barca, Madrid.

And baring an injury or a crazy turn in development, when/if he leaves in 4-5 years they’ll be able to get a truckload of money for him.

Still not getting my hopes up.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I think theyre gonna end up selling Griezman. Not that they particularly want to. Just no one else on massive wages wants to leave(because it would require a huge pay cut) or is wanted.

Reactions: luiginb

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Why didn't they put in this kind of effort when Bellingham was available last year? For Bellingham's sake it's good that United didn't because Dortmund is a much better club for him at the moment. I don't get wonderkid recruiting though, you got a Felix who goes for 100M and then a Bellingham for 25M. Now Camavinga might go for 30-50, prices for these kids don't make any sense.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Why didn't they put in this kind of effort when Bellingham was available last year? For Bellingham's sake it's good that United didn't because Dortmund is a much better club for him at the moment. I don't get wonderkid recruiting though, you got a Felix who goes for 100M and then a Bellingham for 25M. Now Camavinga might go for 30-50, prices for these kids don't make any sense.
They did. BVB and United identical offers, or close to it I’m pretty sure and Bellingham chose BVB.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
His minutes are barely worth 6 full games. That's nothing. That's 1/3 less than Riqui Puig, and he barely played too

619 minutes in la Liga isn't a lot to be fair. Though I agree he wasn't good. But that's the equivalent of less than 7 matches.

He also started 6 CL matches and had over 5 matches worth of minutes there and again was bad. I don’t dispute he didn’t get a lot of chances, but that doesn’t change the fact we never should have signed him and what’s more we don’t need him.

@Vasilevskiy not sure what you’re talking about. Pjanic had more than double Riqui’s minutes in La Liga and more than 5x the minutes in the CL which is an absolute joke. I don’t have Copa minutes, but I’m not even going to bother because that likely doesn’t tip the scales. And bringing up Riqui in comparison…. Riqui did more in one sub appearance than Pjanic did all season. Keeping Pjanic would be a big mistake.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
He also started 6 CL matches and had over 5 matches worth of minutes there and again was bad. I don’t dispute he didn’t get a lot of chances, but that doesn’t change the fact we never should have signed him and what’s more we don’t need him.

@Vasilevskiy not sure what you’re talking about. Pjanic had more than double Riqui’s minutes in La Liga and more than 5x the minutes in the CL which is an absolute joke. I don’t have Copa minutes, but I’m not even going to bother because that likely doesn’t tip the scales. And bringing up Riqui in comparison…. Riqui did more in one sub appearance than Pjanic did all season. Keeping Pjanic would be a big mistake.

You're right I filtered wrongly Riqui's minutes.

I'm not saying we should keep him, just saying that he didn't get minutes to say that he sucked

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You're right I filtered wrongly Riqui's minutes.

I'm not saying we should keep him, just saying that he didn't get minutes to say that he sucked

Well he sucked with the minutes he had so…. At the end of the day it’s a matter of would you rather keep him or see him go? I’m all for the latter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad