Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Christensen is the smoothest of the bunch. Good on the ball, looks the most in control of all of them. Rudiger and Zouma are good athletes, but not great footballers, in my opinion. I'd try to keep Christensen around because he brings a different style of play.
Christensen is smooth in the same way Lindelof is smooth.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Meh I'm alright the other positions are fully stacked.... Just need a proper RB. And Dest is fun to watch.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Lindelof isn't that bad. He had a bad game. It happens.
Lindelof isn’t bad if he’s played in the right role and system. I think Chelsea, United, Arsenal, and Spurs are all in the same spot with CB. Basically they have some pieces in place but everyone is playing a spot higher than they should. Take United for example. Maguire should be your second best CB, Lindelof third, Bailly is fine as third, Tuanzebe fourth.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Does anyone feel Aouar is not the player Arsenal needs? I feel he is a great player and is an improvement to their midfield, but I feel stylistically they can use more of a destroyer or scoring mid. I’m not sure.

Definately think so, Aouar is an amazing dribbler and good ball progressor but we already rank extremely high in those departments. We need a final third killer passer, like Özil when he was allowed to play. Our ranking for key passes and chances created is a joke, while our ball progression is very good already.

A ball winner and someone like Ödegaard or Grealish maybe would be nice. I would just start Özil for now

Reactions: Cassano

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Both shouldn't be starting for top level clubs that's for sure

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm not high on either from watching them. Statistically Christensen is better overall, but not in all areas.

gU2jTfp.png

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
We bought Mendy, so goalkeeper to Chelsea speculation is pretty much over at this point.
Doubt it.

Wouldn't be surprised if we loaned Kepa or something. Caballero is below average yet is better than kepa by a decent margin. If there's a report that Lampard sees Kepa as third choice, I wouldn't be surprised

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Doubt it.

Wouldn't be surprised if we loaned Kepa or something. Caballero is below average yet is better than kepa by a decent margin. If there's a report that Lampard sees Kepa as third choice, I wouldn't be surprised
You think we're still going to buy another keeper?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Skriniar very overrated. Maybe a change of scenery helps but he has been trending down since his very good first season. The figures quelled for him are kind of ridiculous, but United ruined the CB market by giving 80 for Maguire.

Reactions: AB13 and I Eat Crow

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Just saw that Spurs head of recruitment was photographed in Milano.

In general I am kind of indifferent to acquiring Skriniar. While Spurs do lack quality in their central defense, they have enough depth there in my opinion. Gives Tanganga a much harder time to play too, which I don't like. Also, I'd much prefer someone that is left-footed.

But once again, where is all this money coming from, holy shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad