Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Zouma was probably our best CB down the stretch, but all of them had really poor moments at times. I'm glad this means Tomori is sticking around this season. It was a tossup between Rudiger and Christensen leaving for me, and that was the indication from all the people around Chelsea as well. If they weren't able to sell one of them, then Tomori was going to be loaned.

Reactions: Blender and YNWA14

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If Rudiger were 'definitely better' I highly doubt that Chelsea would be moving him on at this point, especially when the backline is where they have the most problems. I think they're pretty comparable, but we'll see how it goes for them. Silva should make a big difference if he stays healthy.
Oh for sure. I think it’s just a numbers game. Zouma is the only one with a certain skill set and Tomori is home grown and probably on less wages. Might get a higher transfer fee, but maybe not due to the English tax.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
If Rudiger were 'definitely better' I highly doubt that Chelsea would be moving him on at this point, especially when the backline is where they have the most problems. I think they're pretty comparable, but we'll see how it goes for them. Silva should make a big difference if he stays healthy.
I don’t think Lampard can evaluate defenders.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Rudiger has been really inconsistent, same problem with Christensen. Neither one can be trusted to regularly start right now because you never know what you will get out of them. Zouma has been the best out of all of them at actually defending, but isn't great on the ball and has his moments as well. Tomori is fantastic on the ball but needs to still improve at defending.

Reactions: gary69 and YNWA14

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Rudiger has been really inconsistent, same problem with Christensen. Neither one can be trusted to regularly start right now because you never know what you will get out of them. Zouma has been the best out of all of them at actually defending, but isn't great on the ball and has his moments as well. Tomori is fantastic on the ball but needs to still improve at defending.
Christensen is also Home Grown

Reactions: Cassano

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, some games he'd look like Rudiger of past seasons, and other games he almost looked like the defender version of Kepa.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I swear I had an argument here arguing that Rudiger isnt crap. Hmm
He's not crap. He's had multiple injuries and has had serious consistency problems since those injuries. Appears he's upset that he isn't being handed his spot back despite his performance issues right now.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Sounds like the issues with Hudson-Odoi and Frank are attitude/work-rate related, and the rumors are being are being fueled by his family, like last time with his contract negotiations. Hopefully it gets resolved with some good performances in training, and hopefully the people around him don't make him more of a headache. Talented player with lots of potential, but he needs to step up.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Sounds like the issues with Hudson-Odoi and Frank are attitude/work-rate related, and the rumors are being are being fueled by his family, like last time with his contract negotiations. Hopefully it gets resolved with some good performances in training, and hopefully the people around him don't make him more of a headache. Talented player with lots of potential, but he needs to step up.
He's not playing off the ball anywhere close to the level Lampard expects of his players. Our system relies on our players all pressing aggressively and constantly working to get players and the ball into open spaces to overload those spaces against the defenders, and he really wasn't doing much of either last year. His talent is immense and his ability on the ball is great, but he needs to be doing the things expected of him in the system if he wants more game time. People wonder why Mount gets played out of position over him, well it's because Mount provides a lot more support to the other players on the pitch while CHO has to be carried too much. CHO is more than capable of doing better and not being a liability when off the ball.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He's not crap. He's had multiple injuries and has had serious consistency problems since those injuries. Appears he's upset that he isn't being handed his spot back despite his performance issues right now.

On a team that's biggest weakness is CB (kepa notwithstanding) he was the first to leave. Chelsea cant have it both ways.

dest had an IG post that was located as in paulaner nockerberg in munich.

That was before the barca news which makes it BS.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
On a team that's biggest weakness is CB (kepa notwithstanding) he was the first to leave. Chelsea cant have it both ways.

That was before the barca news which makes it BS.
well whatever happens it seems that a US national teamer will be playing for bayern or barca this year and given the lack of options those clubs have at RB he will be playing a lot.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
well whatever happens it seems that a US national teamer will be playing for bayern or barca this year and given the lack of options those clubs have at RB he will be playing a lot.
That much is a given. Im convinced he's barca bound tho... If I were you id prefer Munich.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He was pretty good before his injuries, he's been very inconsistent since them. He also hasn't left, and it appears he might want out rather than the club forcing him out. No one is trying to "have it both ways".

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He was pretty good before his injuries, he's been very inconsistent since them. He also hasn't left, and it appears he might want out rather than the club forcing him out. No one is trying to "have it both ways".
He was left out of the squad what else is he supposed to do? You would defend Christensen, Zouma, Rud... so whos the bad cbs? Or is it Lampard who cant set up a defensive structure?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He impressed in pre-season for us, but after the Kepa move, he wanted out, and understandably. Going to PSG seemed weird as opposed to a club that he could play at quicker. If he stayed, he would've had a real shot here. He has the makeup of a keeper that Frank wanted.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Even then, I’d prefer Dominik Szoboszlai and Boubakary Soumaré together as I feel they fit more of a profile for the team.
I think we need a destroyer as well, but in this window it seems the ones available are blokes to replace Ozil like Szoboszlai and Aouar. Of course Soumare could be had for the right price, but I believe Evilo said he'd be sold for 40 to 45 million. I love me some Soumare, but I suggest that Aouar at 60 million is more worth the price than Soumare is at 40/45 considering he's not even a full out starter. Also as Robert said, Aouar can potentially develop into an 80 million pound player too meaning if he ever wanted to leave then we could sell him at a profit. That's something which has killed our team lately, whereas is something what Liverpool, Chelsea, and Spurs have been able to spend and spend on good players. I mean if we got a legitimate fee for Ramsey from Juve, we would've already bought Aouar and the fees we're trying to get now could be going for Partey or Soumare.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He was left out of the squad what else is he supposed to do? You would defend Christensen, Zouma, Rud... so whos the bad cbs? Or is it Lampard who cant set up a defensive structure?
There isn't a Chelsea poster on this board that has defended the play of Rudiger or Christensen last season. Our main issues with CBs have been set pieces. When there was an issue during play, it was usually due to lack of organization. Those are issues for both players and coaches. We'll see how Frank and the other coaches change this season, but for the players, it's just who they are. Not many of them are good in the air, and none of them are really the general type at the back.

Reactions: Peen and Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I've made my position quite clear on this, our defensive record was not that bad last year and Kepa gets nowhere near enough blame on this forum for how he sunk us. We were 5th in the league in expected goals against last year, and Kepa allowed a ton of goals he shouldn't have. Christensen and Rudiger were inconsistent last year, with Christensen always having been inconsistent but Rudiger being inconsistent post-injuries and good before that. Zouma is decent but should never be your key defender. Lampard's biggest defensive system issues are on defending set pieces, in open play the team did more than fine over the course of the season.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Semedo to Wolves is official. 30 + 10 as I posted yesterday. 10 million in variables would be as follows:
  • 2 million once he plays 10 matches with Wolves
  • 8 million if they qualify for the Europa League
So 32 million for sure with a chance of 40 million. Imagine getting 40 million for Semedo when Hakimi went for 40 million. Imagine selling Hakimi at all.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Kepa has been called the worst keeper in the world so, I dont know about that.
Yea, by myself or some other Chelsea fans that watch all our games and are familiar with his statistics. I am constantly arguing with people here who claim he is average at worse and is only bad because of Chelsea's defenders or Lampard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad