Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 11: Sky Sports Deadline Day show needs Roy Kent

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't know what's more ridiculous, that post or the number of people that liked it. Anyway, like others before me I'm going to move on. Cheers lads.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I’m going to move on, but not before I get in one last shot.
Why not? We were just treated to a "Hey, it's me again, and let me remind you why I was banned in the first place" post a page ago. A post you "liked" incidentally.

I'll say this much, @YNWA14 and I had plenty of tiffs back and forth, but to his credit, he's one of the few evolution stories on the board. Whether that's because he's posted less (evidently because of the same "reason" we've been talking about, I don't know), but either way it says something relevant.

I've heard people leaving is bad for the board writ large, so we'll see an upswell here too, I'm sure.

Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
He has had such a strange career. Really sad as a football fan as it feels like there could have been so much more coming from him. In spells he has been world class.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Why not? We were just treated to a "Hey, it's me again, and let me remind you why I was banned in the first place" post a page ago. A post you "liked" incidentally.

I'll say this much, @YNWA14 and I had plenty of tiffs back and forth, but to his credit, he's one of the few evolution stories on the board. Whether that's because he's posted less (evidently because of the same "reason" we've been talking about, I don't know), but either way it says something relevant.

I've heard people leaving is bad for the board writ large, so we'll see an upswell here too, I'm sure.
Eh, I would prefer if YNWA stay, but I'm not really a fan of the victim complex. fka Curtinho was just as bad about intentionally provoking and arguing in bad faith and being condescending. It's not like Evilo has a monopoly on those things here. Which is fine. It's an online forum. You're never going to agree with everyone always.

And I say this as someone who has gotten in plenty of tiffs with Evilo and have been warned accordingly. It is what it is. I want both people to stay because they both provide some insight. They both could serve to mature a bit and take things less personally, but again, hardly unique.

That said, I do love Evilo posting nameless attacks and feeling all big about it. One of them may even be about me. I have no idea how he perceives me given how he's described other people (assuming I'm understanding who is who in his post). But if it is me or if it isn't, who gives a shit? This is a place I come to talk about soccer. I may not like everyone here but if someone's presence really gets you that upset, block them and move on.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wasn't you.
Though you do troll sometimes, and I hold a serious grudge about you over something you told me a month or so back.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Eh, I would prefer if YNWA stay, but I'm not really a fan of the victim complex. fka Curtinho was just as bad about intentionally provoking and arguing in bad faith and being condescending. It's not like Evilo has a monopoly on those things here. Which is fine. It's an online forum. You're never going to agree with everyone always.

And I say this as someone who has gotten in plenty of tiffs with Evilo and have been warned accordingly. It is what it is. I want both people to stay because they both provide some insight. They both could serve to mature a bit and take things less personally, but again, hardly unique.

That said, I do love Evilo posting nameless attacks and feeling all big about it. One of them may even be about me. I have no idea how he perceives me given how he's described other people (assuming I'm understanding who is who in his post). But if it is me or if it isn't, who gives a shit? This is a place I come to talk about soccer. I may not like everyone here but if someone's presence really gets you that upset, block them and move on.
Oh, I very much welcome qualifying for the ignore list. Long may it continue. I have my doubts on how lasting that might be, but hey, we'll see. Pure separation is best, but I won't bite my tongue if I get more anonymous call-outs and accusations.

I just think the entire basis of keeping the board whole being used as a defense when we're seeing an escalating body count has a certain irony to it.

God forbid YNWA call a spade a spade on the way out the door (Or you for that matter. Seems you noting something plainly obvious earned you a grudge too, think we both know what that is.)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I’m going to move on, but not before I get in one last shot.

I, for one, prefer to read essays about how folks are going to start utilizing the ignore function while complaining about this board being too heated, instead of seeing them actually using the ignore function & letting the temperature cool off.

What would we do if we didn't keep stoking these fires? Talk about football? Can you even imagine how hard it would suck if somebody whose grandfather just died wanted to come on here to take their mind off of s*** and was forced to talk about football instead of petty BS? That would be the worst.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
For starters, @YNWA14 should stay, end of story. I said the same about @Evilo , though not knowing why he was banned. I understand @YNWA14 's frustration, at least what I'm guessing it is since @YNWA14 has never said anything to me, because @Evilo has IMHO targeted him from time to time for no good reason unless you consider bringing up an old disagreement a good reason. That said, to @bluesfan94 's point, IMHO @YNWA14 would provoke from time to time as well. I'm saying this pubicly, and have done so before regarding both sides of that coin, just to get it all out there and offer my two cents for what it's worth. I'll add what I said a week or so back, that few on here have a leg to stand on with this sort of thing. Additionally, people need to tone it down some from time to time, myself included, and appreciate that everyone here is a person. I've had disagreements with plenty of you meatheads and I've actually learned to appreciate almost everyone for who they are. I mean I get with @Scandale du Jour even if he has some of the worst taste in football I've ever encountered. I actually love @S E P H even though his taste is even worse. I could go on and on. Still I appreciate the people and have found things I like in almost everyone. Also, things on paper or in the case on the screen may not be intended as written and so I think people should keep that in mind. At the end of the day everyone should probably take a step back during an argument/debate/discussion and make sure we're all sticking to the topic and leaving the person out of it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I, for one, prefer to read essays about how folks are going to start utilizing the ignore function while complaining about this board being too heated, instead of seeing them actually using the ignore function & letting the temperature cool off.

What would we do if we didn't keep stoking these fires? Talk about football? Can you even imagine how hard it would suck if somebody whose grandfather just died wanted to come on here to take their mind off of s*** and was forced to talk about football instead of petty BS? That would be the worst.
Not sure if it's me you're talking about but I did add the 3 guys to my ignore list the moment I wrote it.
Not sure what the fuss is about someone leaving, I haven't heard about it (and can't read it either).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I do love Evilo posting nameless attacks and feeling all big about it.
Oh I didn't answer that part.
I didn't name them because I'm afraid the moment I do it, it's considered a "personnal" attack.
I think at this point, anything I write is somehow dangerous... :sarcasm:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

My condolences on your loss, truly. But no one is forcing anyone to comment on anything they don't want to.

Can we also move away from this "anonymous, but not really" thing? In spme specific cases here it makes sense, but otherwise I think we're perfectly capable of addressing each other with general (let's not go overboard...) civility.

Re: your first paragraph, there are a few people you could be referencing here. One of whom, the post where this was done, you "liked", so I'm getting a bit of a mixed message? This shouldn't be about which side of the aisle people fall on.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not sure if it's me you're talking about but I did add the 3 guys to my ignore list the moment I wrote it.
Not sure what the fuss is about someone leaving, I haven't heard about it (and can't read it either).

Nah, wasn't meant at you. People were talking about you when you weren't around to defend yourself. I think it is perfectly fair for you to get the last word in after that...regardless of how much we have butted heads or teased each other.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nah, wasn't meant at you. People were talking about you when you weren't around to defend yourself. I think it is perfectly fair for you to get the last word in after that...regardless of how much we have butted heads or teased each other.
Not worth my time.

(EDIT : I mean to try to get the last word with this guy.)

Last edited:
Reactions: cgf

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I want everyone to stay and if you lot like seriously cannot handle each other then put each other on ignore list for a time to relax and cool down. I like seeing different perspectives from different people and each one has their own unique country they follow that I like reading the insight in. I understand that people are born differently and some are quite emotional, but this is the freakin' internet (no need to get personal against one another). I am with @les Habs in terms of it has been everyone's fault in how some of these arguments have gotten out of control.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad