Summer Olympics

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
What you didn’t want to watch Dressage down Blue Hill Ave.?
DMQCAMDD6EI6NA2SSLWYYFTSYA.jpg

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
That balance beam killed a lot of dreams today. Suni was smart to take out the second wolf turn.

the probably won’t mention it but Andrade put in an inquiry after the beam and her score was increased and it brought her to second place.

They took off for her leaps not being a full 180 degrees

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
6 years ago this wonderful idea was buried for good

I wasn't aware of this - I think Boston would make a wonderful Olympics host city! But the costs would be astronomical and I think that's always a sticking point. One advantage that Brisbane had for 2032 is that some aspects of the necessary infrastructure already exist and will simply require upgrading, rather than building from scratch. Not a lot of cities have that luxury.

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Historic day. Yea Suni!

1st Asian-American All Around winner
1st Hmong-American Olympian

Thank god for the new NIL because she can still make money from this while going to Auburn.

Reactions: jgatie

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Women's soccer appears headed for extra time in a Quarterfinals match with the Netherlands, tied at two.

New England's Alyssa Naeher stopped a Dutch penalty kick late in the match that would have sent the USWNT home without a medal for the 2nd consecutive Olympics.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
USWNT advances to the Semifinals, knocking out the Netherlands 4-2 on penalty kicks.

Connecticut's Alyssa Naeher the hero as she saved one penalty in regulation, and two more during the shootout.

US will face an excellent Canadian team in the semis.

Reactions: Alicat

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
USWNT advances to the Semifinals, knocking out the Netherlands 4-2 on penalty kicks.

Connecticut's Alyssa Naeher the hero as she saved one penalty in regulation, and two more during the shootout.

What a wild finish to that game. Was pretty cool to wake up and see the last 20 minutes or so, then the penalty kicks. Naeher was just unbelievable down the stretch

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Karma bit the Dutch team in the ass after this crap was printed. I just looked and even post match they are still running their mouths.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The Russian girls had a rough time on the floor exercise.....I would think that would be the least difficult of all they do.......but what do I know
For the past 20 years the floor exercise has gone from being more dance like to pure power which is why the US has been so dominant there and on vault.

Russia's best events are the bars and beam where they can showcase their incredible flexibility and attention to intricate, fine details. This quad has been the best Russia has looked on vault and floor as a whole.

Gymnastics is slowly starting to turn into a hybrid of dance and power where each element is equally important which is why some scores have seemed very low. If you don't get your leaps into a full 180 degree split, you will see a numbers of deductions.

I can't wait to see how the US adjusts for 2024 especially on beam because they got hammered on their E or execution score.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
For the past 20 years the floor exercise has gone from being more dance like to pure power which is why the US has been so dominant there and on vault.

Russia's best events are the bars and beam where they can showcase their incredible flexibility and attention to intricate, fine details. This quad has been the best Russia has looked on vault and floor as a whole.

Gymnastics is slowly starting to turn into a hybrid of dance and power where each element is equally important which is why some scores have seemed very low. If you don't get your leaps into a full 180 degree split, you will see a numbers of deductions.

I can't wait to see how the US adjusts for 2024 especially on beam because they got hammered on their E or execution score.

Floor seems a lot less dynamic....remember how incredible Dominique Dawes was on floor...her tumbling was so action packed , now is more meh

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Floor seems a lot less dynamic....remember how incredible Dominique Dawes was on floor...her tumbling was so action packed , now is more meh
Nothing will ever top her back to back connected tumbling passes. Those were magical.

I think that every routine is packed with so much tumbling it all just blends together and can seem meh.

I'd like to see them widen the floor (for safety and because it is time to evolve a bit) and also start mandating more dance elements to break up all the tumbling.

College gymnastics is great because they have the ability to show personality by incorporating more dance into their routines. I am hoping that we will start to see some of that carry over into the world of elite.

This isn't 1992. It is time for the powers that be to get the sticks out of their asses and start loosening up a bit

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Nothing will ever top her back to back connected tumbling passes. Those were magical.

I think that every routine is packed with so much tumbling it all just blends together and can seem meh.

I'd like to see them widen the floor (for safety and because it is time to evolve a bit) and also start mandating more dance elements to break up all the tumbling.

College gymnastics is great because they have the ability to show personality by incorporating more dance into their routines. I am hoping that we will start to see some of that carry over into the world of elite.

This isn't 1992. It is time for the powers that be to get the sticks out of their asses and start loosening up a bit
The guys doing floor routines always looks so awkward to me. The way they take giant steps to get to the corner to start a run, the weird balance moves and handstands. I guess it looks funny because they don't incorporate dance into it like the girls do.

Reactions: Alicat

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4