Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Reactions: EvilElf63

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I sat through like 10 and half minutes watching the final credits and I did not see @Fenway's name on the list.

I am not happy.

:rant: :madfire:

@BMC Neither is the 1600 people who worked in Stamford :mad:

NBC only listed 25 venue camera operators in Toyko as 98% of the video you saw came from the IOC-owned Olympic Broadcast Service.

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Emotional as I watch another Olympic closing ceremony. I want to thank Japan, the athletes and everyone who made this viewing experience a good one. This was a much needed distraction. I can't tell you how many times I've cried, cheered, and got excited for not just the US athletes, but other athletes. There really isn't anything like the Olympics. It was a great time.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Pretty much anything you saw on NBCSN, CNBC, USA, Olympic Channel, Golf Channel, and Peacock came through Stamford.

Quality control is an important part of the workflow, and it is done in both Tokyo and Stamford.

“We have an operation here in Tokyo that does QC for anything that goes into primetime and then anything that goes to cable actually gets QCed in Stamford,” says Connolly. “It’s a partnership between the two groups so that when things might be hitting both of us at the same time, we can make sure that things look right here and look there. And then if it comes back through here, we make sure all the transitions of LUTs and video content is done the right way. So, it’s a big partnership between Tokyo and Stamford.”

Blogs | Sports Video Group

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Congrats to all athletes medalist or not. I am proud of our Canadien olympic team with a heartbeat preference to our women soccer team! Tokyo did well in the circumstances, and it was nice to look at this O games.... and watching these athletes is not only inspiring, it is so fun and remarkable. Those women and men are simply ¨extraordinaire¨! Bravo aux athlètes de toute la planète!

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
This is likely what would have happened had Simone Biles competed with the twisties.

Edit: Simone confirms this did happen in practice in Tokyo

Emillie competed for France and won the gold medal in 2004 in Athens. She got lucky she wasn’t seriously hurt.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4