End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BMC

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Yeah wont be there much longer already have 2 job offers and other interviews. USPS denied me tho lol

Best one was the next day dropping off a package and hearing 2 viciously sounding dogs. But they were probably pissed to be locked in a hot garage.

I dont even open gates anymore or if I see some beware of dog sign I get out asap.

Im not afraid of dogs just not trying to get bit for $16 an hour 😂
It's awful,so many bad owners with no clue at all on how to raise,manage or fulfill a dog. The nitwit next to me walks hers in a baby carriage,and then beside her they have a 110 pound shepherd that gets ZERO away from home exercise and is thrown out in the yard behind an electric fence to bark endlessly. Post Office won't deliver there anymore as he has tried to get in the truck multiple times. Then on my other side I have a 55 year old single,sedentary woman who gets a Springer effin spaniel whose energy levels could never be satisfied by her,so the dog just barks and barks. A holes who can't find human companionship rely on dogs that they humanize, and problems arise. Selfish effin people. Rant over,here anyway.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
It's awful,so many bad owners with no clue at all on how to raise,manage or fulfill a dog. The nitwit next to me walks hers in a baby carriage,and then beside her they have a 110 pound shepherd that gets ZERO away from home exercise and is thrown out in the yard behind an electric fence to bark endlessly. Post Office won't deliver there anymore as he has tried to get in the truck multiple times. Then on my other side I have a 55 year old single,sedentary woman who gets a Springer effin spaniel whose energy levels could never be satisfied by her,so the dog just barks and barks. A holes who can't find human companionship rely on dogs that they humanize, and problems arise. Selfish effin people. Rant over,here anyway.

My experience handling shepherds is that the territorial instincts melt away on a walk. They walk like a dream and have instinctively good manners with other dogs outside their territory on a walk. Of course I've seen many owning them who can't physically handle them and hence aren't comfortable walking them.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
My experience handling shepherds is that the territorial instincts melt away on a walk. They walk like a dream and have instinctively good manners with other dogs outside their territory on a walk. Of course I've seen many owning them who can't physically handle them and hence aren't comfortable walking them.
I've had 5 Shepherds,still have 2,all with different personalities and temperaments,2 brilliant with dogs and people from the start,1 bad with people and dogs since we brought him home at 8 weeks,1 good with people but choosy with dogs,1 ok with people and dogs. Then we took on a life of leadership,exercise and discipline,and all became great pets,but it can be one helluva challenge. Exercise and discipline,it all starts there.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
People think that a fenced is yard is all a dog needs for exercise. Mine gets a 2-3 mi walk every day rain or shine. Else he would be a nut.
AEFC41DB-97D2-40C4-9DC7-7A5DAEFDFC89.jpeg

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Well stupid me lost my drivers license which I realized at TSA pre check. They accepted my other misc cards - including Costco with my photo, and apparently are going to let me on the plane. :oops:
@Kovi I’ll wave when we’re landing in Phoenix. I saw this book yesterday and thought of you.
5F25D79C-D10E-4A0E-B711-2FF049920B9E.jpeg

Reactions: BMC and Kovi

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Well stupid me lost my drivers license which I realized at TSA pre check. They accepted my other misc cards - including Costco with my photo, and apparently are going to let me on the plane. :oops:
@Kovi I’ll wave when we’re landing in Phoenix. I saw this book yesterday and thought of you.
View attachment 584279
lol, just like my washing the dishes rant/post :) mindfulness baby!

I tried to get the TSA precheck thing. My divorce decree didn't have a seal on it, so they were like "we cant even look at this application." I'm like huh? Its a legal document. idk I think they guy was a doink face.

Have a good flight, its beautiful here.

Reactions: sooshii

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
People think that a fenced is yard is all a dog needs for exercise. Mine gets a 2-3 mi walk every day rain or shine. Else he would be a nut. View attachment 584275
A fenced yard should almost be a disqualifier. Mine get an hour in the morning,then accompany me during my day and then another hour late afternoon. They wait patiently,knowing the routine and their curiosity/energy will be expressed. It's a lot of work,doing it right,and the more energetic a dog is,the more difficult to satisfy. I have 2 100 pound medium energy German Shepherds that you would never know lived here because they are calm at home,in the yard etc. But UPS and FEDEX know!! LOL

Attachments

• August and Fritz.jpeg
    August and Fritz.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 3

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
lol, just like my washing the dishes rant/post :) mindfulness baby!

I tried to get the TSA precheck thing. My divorce decree didn't have a seal on it, so they were like "we cant even look at this application." I'm like huh? Its a legal document. idk I think they guy was a doink face.

Have a good flight, its beautiful here.
Not sure why they’d need a divorce decree but I just used my drivers license, birth certificate and social security card because my passport was expired. Must be a prerequisite that anyone who administers pre check registrations must be a douchecanoe

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Not sure why they’d need a divorce decree but I just used my drivers license, birth certificate and social security card because my passport was expired. Must be a prerequisite that anyone who administers pre check registrations must be a douchecanoe
My daughter and I are going to St Martin in Dec for my 70th :eek:. I checked my passport in July, and it was due to be renewed in Sept, so I sent it in. I just got it back. It is a good thing to keep an eye on the expire date if you travel out of the USA. I rarely do but am happy I thought of it before it would have been too late

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
My daughter and I are going to St Martin in Dec for my 70th :eek:. I checked my passport in July, and it was due to be renewed in Sept, so I sent it in. I just got it back. It is a good thing to keep an eye on the expire date if you travel out of the USA. I rarely do but am happy I thought of it before it would have been too late
I let mine lapse and sent it in this time last year and got it back within 4 weeks and I didn't pay for expedited processing. I got the card plus passport.

St. Martin is going to be fun! Tropical drinks!

I travel with my card because I never know if I'll get any hassle with an out of state license. I'm lucky in one way that I don't look like I'm 40 (ok well I have 20 days until it is official) but it can be a real pain in the ass if someone thinks my license is fake and it has happened more than once in the last year.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Portland loses iconic Denny's location near Exit 48 aka Brighton Avenue near the Westbrook line as of 2 pm;

the Congress Street location and the Auburn location remain open;

Every Dennys I've ever been to sucked anyway so I'm not surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad