OT - NO POLITICS Summer is ovah

Status
Not open for further replies.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
having to stay in a bit more than I would like, the air quality with multiple fires here on the Island and a few coming in from the States simply has the air quality too difficult for this asthmatic to be out very long which sucks, really trying to get on the bicycle daily to get rid of the cake stomach
We’re in Lake Tahoe and went to see Jackson Browne at an outdoor venue last night. You could see the ash falling on him on the stage. (The fire is 50 mi away) Except for the air quality :rolleyes: it would have been a beautiful night.

I know they say N95s are no good for smoke, but I feel like I breathe better with it on.

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Arrived home around 7am this morning. San Diego was pretty chill, although i think i liked SanFrancisco a bit more. We ended up spending a day at the zoo and a day on the hop on/off trolley tour. Stopped at the Midway, Little Italy, Balboa Park, Coronado and Old Town

The flight back was absolutely miserable. It took almost 45min to reach 30k ft. Pilots were adjusting course nonstop and blasting through wind sideways. Then we had about 90 minutes of bumps, followed by 2 hours of being straight up rag dolled at 35000ft. My limbs started to go cold and numb, felt like i was gonna pass out. Last 45 minutes were smoother but far from ideal.

But here i am. Gone to California, seen San Francisco, driven the PCH, visited San Diego. Heck I even did Disneyland.

Oddly enough, the only part of the trip i didn’t have my brother beside me was the flight home. Point taken!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I will have my ACs in the windows until end of October. I'm running them in fan mode now, just to keep the air circulating which is especially important on a humid day like today.

Got the first oil delivery of the season last week: 256 gallons for $ 1230.00.

• Wow
Reactions: Alicat

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I will have my ACs in the windows until end of October. I'm running them in fan mode now, just to keep the air circulating which is especially important on a humid day like today.

We got it last week too. But we have reserves.lol
My brother in law is a plumber and and has customers who have been converting to gas from oil.
We have drums of oil on hand for if shit really gets bad. Im sitting on like 4 50 gallon drums right now.

Reactions: BMC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

at least going inright direction. Thats $1.10 less a gallon I paid 2 months ago. Hopefully like gas it keeps going down. Over 80 straight days now.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
2 HOURS from the Braintree Split to downtown.

1663019046779.png

Rush hour is always a great time for a Presidential motorcade.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Chicago native Ramsey Lewis, a jazz pianist and composer who scored on the pop charts with the 1965 hit “The In Crowd,” died Monday at 87.

A statement on his Facebook page listed no cause of death but said Lewis “died peacefully at his home in Chicago” on Monday morning.

Among the honors he received over his long career were three Grammys and a 2007 National Endowment for the Arts Jazz Master Award.

Reactions: BMC and McGarnagle

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I have a sister in Az....said she keeps hers at 76! I guess it feels cooler to them but man I'd be happy if it never got above 75 again

In winter we keep at heat at 58 during the night and 62 during the times we are home
I'm in AZ, west of Phoenix. It's been gorgeous here the past few days. And by that I mean it has barely reached 100. It's starting to cool enough that I can have coffee outside in the morning. We keep our a/c at 74.
That being said....It only took me about a year for my blood to get acclimated to the heat. Now I miss it if I'm away.
Remember, it's rarely humid here after end of July/August monsoon and ridiculously dry.

My sister is visiting in Oct. and I'm giddy to have her here. She wants to go in the pool, but it will probably be too cold.

That vile,frozen white crap
It becomes a weird anomaly when you live where it doesnt snow. Our first Thanksgiving in the Southwest it was 74. Felt weird. Now its a joy to not have to Christmas decorate in the slush.
If we want snow we drive 2 hrs north.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Arrived home around 7am this morning. San Diego was pretty chill, although i think i liked SanFrancisco a bit more. We ended up spending a day at the zoo and a day on the hop on/off trolley tour. Stopped at the Midway, Little Italy, Balboa Park, Coronado and Old Town

The flight back was absolutely miserable. It took almost 45min to reach 30k ft. Pilots were adjusting course nonstop and blasting through wind sideways. Then we had about 90 minutes of bumps, followed by 2 hours of being straight up rag dolled at 35000ft. My limbs started to go cold and numb, felt like i was gonna pass out. Last 45 minutes were smoother but far from ideal.

But here i am. Gone to California, seen San Francisco, driven the PCH, visited San Diego. Heck I even did Disneyland.

Oddly enough, the only part of the trip i didn’t have my brother beside me was the flight home. Point taken!
The flight back is always more tenuous because youre tired, hungry and need a shower.
Congrats again on your resolve. I know how important this was for you. <3

• Love
Reactions: BMC and TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The flight back is always more tenuous because youre tired, hungry and need a shower.
Congrats again on your resolve. I know how important this was for you. <3
Thank you, friend! It was definitely an experience that’s for sure. I learned a few things, and certain things about my brothers life and who he was make a lot more sense today. For that, I suppose I couldn’t ask for much else of the journey.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
You know, if we understand one question rightly, all questions are answered. But we don't know how to ask the right question. To ask the right question demands a great deal of intelligence and sensitivity. Here is a question, a fundamental question: is life a torture? It is, as it is; and man has lived in this torture centuries upon centuries, from ancient history to the present day, in agony, in despair, in sorrow; and he doesn't find a way out of it. Therefore he invents gods, churches, all the rituals, and all that nonsense, or he escapes in different ways. What we are trying to do, during all these discussions and talks here, is to see if we cannot radically bring about a transformation of the mind, not accept things as they are, nor revolt against them. Revolt doesn't answer a thing. You must understand it, go into it, examine it, give your heart and your mind, with everything that you have, to find out a way of living differently. That depends on you, and not on someone else, because in this there is no teacher, no pupil; there is no leader; there is no guru; there is no Master, no Saviour. You yourself are the teacher and the pupil; you are the Master; you are the guru; you are the leader; you are everything. And to understand is to transform what is.

I think that will be enough, won't it?

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

Reminds me of a flight I took from Glasgow to London that had people screaming and crying,including Flight Attendants,and another from Orlando to Boston,same thing. Turbulence suuuuuucks,but very rarely causes harm and even more rarely,disasters. No comfort when you're in it.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
get mace and spray that bitch. my wife has gotten bitten 9x in 20 years at the post office. people think their dogs wont bite other people.

Yeah wont be there much longer already have 2 job offers and other interviews. USPS denied me tho lol

Pet peeve of mine. I have 2 German Shepherds and a fenced in yard. They are NEVER out alone because they are properly exercised away from home 2-4 hours every blessed day. No barking,biting,chewing,their needs are met and it's a routine they patiently meet. Barking dogs are frustrated,bored and unfulfilled. Biting dogs are usually those things plus reacting to weak or bad leadership. Most dog owners should have goldfish.

Best one was the next day dropping off a package and hearing 2 viciously sounding dogs. But they were probably pissed to be locked in a hot garage.

I dont even open gates anymore or if I see some beware of dog sign I get out asap.

Im not afraid of dogs just not trying to get bit for $16 an hour 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad