OT - NO POLITICS Summer is ovah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just got Bride home. Loooong day. But her shnozze looks straight. Although also looks like she went a full round with a prime Mike Tyson.
Gave her a pain killer and some homemade chicken with tortellini soup. Which if I say so myself I rocked in making it.
So back next week to remove splint and bandages.
You are a good hubby!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Just got Bride home. Loooong day. But her shnozze looks straight. Although also looks like she went a full round with a prime Mike Tyson.
Gave her a pain killer and some homemade chicken with tortellini soup. Which if I say so myself I rocked in making it.
So glad it went well. After my last sinus surgery I told people I went a round w/ Sugar Shawn Thornton and got a few laughs. Helped me get through the rough days with my eyes being blurry from all the drugs.

You are an amazing man Wally. <3

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Aww...that is how things should be. Taking care of one another Is a beautiful thing. :)

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I have made some chicken noodle soups that come out amazing....no recipe, just an assortment of veggies

Also start with chicken stock or broth, a can of cream of chicken (helps a lot) and a scoop of Better than Bouillon paste.....man now i have a craving

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I have a really good cheeseburger soup recipe, which is really good and absolutely unhealthy and costs a lot for all the ingredients just for some unethical 'soup'. But been worth it the few times I bothered and was bored enough and in the cooking mood to make it.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I made knockoff Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana in the instant pot the other night. Pretty easy TBQH. Just sausage, sliced potatoes, onion, garlic paste, and chicken broth and pressure cook for 5 minutes. After the natural release, put in some kale, then add milk and you're good to go.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
@Fenway the AFL's finals naming conventions are certainly a bit odd. But I guess there is some logic to it. Semi = half, and this is the middle week of the finals, the half-way point. And preliminary finals are the last but one, preliminary to the grand final. So in isolation they work, but the running order from qualifying to semi to preliminary is awkward.

Reactions: Fenway

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I have made some chicken noodle soups that come out amazing....no recipe, just an assortment of veggies

Also start with chicken stock or broth, a can of cream of chicken (helps a lot) and a scoop of Better than Bouillon paste.....man now i have a craving

Montreal Chicken seasoning is my no longer “secret” ingredient.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I made knockoff Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana in the instant pot the other night. Pretty easy TBQH. Just sausage, sliced potatoes, onion, garlic paste, and chicken broth and pressure cook for 5 minutes. After the natural release, put in some kale, then add milk and you're good to go.
Probably the only thing I would ever crave from the Olive Garden. Damn good soup

Reactions: McGarnagle

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Up at 5.39am......same here....now watching the second proclamation.....
I know some think it is silly and mock those who are interested, but it is history. For me the Queen was made queen the year I was born (actually months before I arrived). It is strange that she is gone. She was 3 years younger than my mother and also reminds me of Mom at times.

My Dads side of the family were from Newfoundland and very devoted to England. My Grandmother and my Dad's cousin (Mary Whitman from Habor Grace, Newfoundland) always spoke about the royals when they visited.

I always felt bowing to them strange. I do have much respect for Queen Elizabeth and admired her sense of duty and work ethic. Just like with any group or family there are good ones and bad. I hope Charles ends up being a good one. He has big shoes to fill.

Last edited:

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Sitting in the parking lot waiting for work part of me hopes im sent home to schedule interviews other places other part wants to work cuz well like most times are hard now

Funny tho they said they were just gonna give me 3 days a week and im back to 4. Lol must be because this place hires and fires.

Last day I worked was labor day I wonder if we get time and a half for working on a holiday

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Did this last night. Traced the image from a stencil I bought on etsy onto the board and used acrylic markers. Now I can actually put the image on canvas as a gift for my mom.

I like to test images on board before I commit to canvas. I'll seal and waterproof the board and use it as a door sign.

Painting has become such a stress reliever and really helps settle my mind.

full

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Think this might be the last hot one. Although the La Nina pattern usually means Indian summer.
I hope so. It just feels wrong to be this warm. My mom said its supposed to be mid 90's in OKC all this week.

Funny enough, I just found a photo of the front page of the Metro newspaper from 21 years ago and the high was 84 degrees.

All I want is 70's and mostly sun from now until my birthday.

Reactions: quietbruinfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad