OT - NO POLITICS Summer is ovah

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It's crazy how much a simple 30 mins walk can do for your mental health...wellbeing

After a long layoff I started walking again and you are right on the money. After just one week of walking every day I feel better both mentally & physically. I've been going after work but once we change the clocks I'll be going on my lunch hour.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
It's crazy how much a simple 30 mins walk can do for your mental health...wellbeing
This is so true. When I was a 20 year old kid I had a POS job at a small restaurant and I would get an hour (a lax, hour - I could take a 90 minute break on alot of afternoons) and I would drive right down the street to a local trailhead on nice days and take a leisurely 30-40 minute walk through the woods (it was like the perfectly timed loop.) Was always an awesome break in my day at the time, instead of just sitting there on my phone like coworkers would typically do on their breaks/lunches.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I miss my morning walks but the sunrise is just not conducive to a morning walk right now. I could try at lunch but I'd be cutting it close. I got out to my favorite spot this weekend and did a little over a mile each day which is a small victory but part of my recovery for my back.

I am looking into joining the Y again so I can start swimming at 5am again. Even a half hour in the pool is fantastic exercise.

I am so happy I have a walking route planned out for when I go out to see my family. I am looking forward to my walks and may even bring the furry monster (the dog) with me.
Could not agree more, even 15 mins home work out or 30 mins walk or whatever is much much better than nothing. You go for a short walk on 3 consecutive days, that's 1.5 hrs you skipped if you stayed home...adds up in the long run.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Just went out to the garage to charge the kids drift carts. Due to kitchen remodel and all the cabinets and appliances being stored in the garage i only had one plug to access. Brought the other kart inside to charge. My back/hip is jacked up so it was a struggle. Turns out this kart is fully charged and i didn’t wanna leave it inside cuz i know damn well the twins will wake up at 5am and crash it down the steps. So i start carrying it outside and hear lots of crashing in the yard and in the trees. No thanks. Left the kart on the back porch. I’m not about to be attacked by unknown garanimals in my debilitated state.
I rattle the back door before I step out onto the patio. You never know what is slithering or flying in AZ.

Hope your remodel is progressing. I just saw a glass shower door go past my downstairs office, so we are nearing the finish line on our bathroom :cheers:

Reactions: BMC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I rattle the back door before I step out onto the patio. You never know what is slithering or flying in AZ.

Hope your remodel is progressing. I just saw a glass shower door go past my downstairs office, so we are nearing the finish line on our bathroom :cheers:

HA! Nothing. Kitchen was destroyed about 2 months ago and it's been like that ever since. Supposedly the guy doing the bulk of the work is coming over this week AND bringing a plumber along. We shall see!

EDIT: However, the ongoing mouse battle has been slowing down. In the last month I am around 25 caught. Foundation is being blasted with a few cans of spray foam today. My traps are catching less and less, and the rodents are getting smaller and smaller

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
HA! Nothing. Kitchen was destroyed about 2 months ago and it's been like that ever since. Supposedly the guy doing the bulk of the work is coming over this week AND bringing a plumber along. We shall see!

EDIT: However, the ongoing mouse battle has been slowing down. In the last month I am around 25 caught. Foundation is being blasted with a few cans of spray foam today. My traps are catching less and less, and the rodents are getting smaller and smaller

If the rodents are getting smaller & smaller you're in the home stretch- no more babies cause the parents are all deceased. Just get rid of the survivors and you'll be in the clear.

Signed, A Veteran of the Mouse Wars

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007

Nooooo ugh

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Skated on the Garden Ice today for the second time. Seemed so small,must be the framing of the stands.
Having coached (mites game before a game - for my now 24 year old son!) in the Garden and skating numerous times at Gila River here in AZ, I think you're exactly right. So much around you, and right up to the boards, that the ice does seem more confined and smaller.

Reactions: BMC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
You’re a brave man.

Ledger is awesome and in a really cool building, used to be a bank.

Finz is also a nice choice. My bridal shower was there several moons ago.

guess which one is me.
in Salem for some Halloween vibes. Definitely some folks ‘ way out there’.

913383ED-5A8D-4227-B1FC-B268FD3AC06B.jpeg

Last edited:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Trying to sleep and my ceiling fan is making a noise like a kid on a pogo stick

Skwunch eeee skwunch eeee skwunch eeee

But I also can't sleep without the fan on.

My Monday has apparently decided to start on Sunday night :rolleyes:

I have the Hatch alarm clock and I love it. I can’t sleep in silence so have it set to play a light pink noise when I sleep and come time to get up I have ocean waves and a sunrise lamp. All controlled from my phone.

I love it.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I have the Hatch alarm clock and I love it. I can’t sleep in silence so have it set to play a light pink noise when I sleep and come time to get up I have ocean waves and a sunrise lamp. All controlled from my phone.

I love it.
I've thought about getting a sunrise lamp. I never use an alarm to wake up. Been known to sleep through a fire alarm before... you know, the industrial shrieking type. :oops:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I've thought about getting a sunrise lamp. I never use an alarm to wake up. Been known to sleep through a fire alarm before... you know, the industrial shrieking type. :oops:
I don't have an alarm clock. I wake up early every day.

I should get one

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I just got a notice from Yahoo that I've been on it for 21 years.....time flies when you're having fun.....
I used a Yahoo account my first year in high school solely to play pool and chess. Then i realized that in my keyboarding class i could finish a lesson in 10 minutes, and would use the next 60 minutes for gaming. This is before everybody had a cell phone, so i told my father i would be in a specific yahoo pool lobby at xyz time, and we would play yahoo pool against each other for an hour.

I still remember the lobby name. beginner bistro

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Allegedly a juror in the Brooks case posted on Reddit last night and now things have gone off the rails in the trial.

Whomever did it says it was a prank and now the cops are involved. Dopes.

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Is anyone else getting a ton of spam phone calls this week?

Every day I've been getting both robocalls and telemarketers calling about supplemental Medicare Part C. I'm in my thirties, I don't have Medicare. I have no idea where they get their info because they do ask for me by name too. I don't know. I'm just going to start ignoring all calls from numbers I don't recognize.

Reactions: Mione134
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad