OT - NO POLITICS Summer is ovah

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Lol it's been at least seven years since I've flown anywhere, so I'm definitely out of touch.

Just crazy how they monetize every aspect of it these days. What's next... in the event of cabin depressurization, please insert credit card to receive an oxygen mask? :laugh::help:

Sweet Jesus don't give them any ideas!!!! :laugh:

When I flew to Florida earlier this year I hadn't flown in over 20 years. I could not believe the changes not just in airport security (which is bullshit btw) but the entire ticket/baggage process.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Got my flu shot yesterday. Doctor asked if I wanted a COVID booster with it and I told him not at the same time, I'll get it on my follow up visit next month. I have an underlying health issue otherwise I wouldn't do it. I've never been a fan of getting multiple shots for different viruses at the same time, I don't think it is good for my body. I have a sore arm today but that's normal.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Got my flu shot yesterday. Doctor asked if I wanted a COVID booster with it and I told him not at the same time, I'll get it on my follow up visit next month. I have an underlying health issue otherwise I wouldn't do it. I've never been a fan of getting multiple shots for different viruses at the same time, I don't think it is good for my body. I have a sore arm today but that's normal.
Smart move

Reactions: BMC and LouJersey

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
My favorite airline domestically is Jet Blue. Mint if to west coast. Its worth it to me.

Unfortunately they dont go to Indianapolis where my daughter lives. So for that annual trip its Delta. While they are smaller planes without tvs, the flight is only just over 2 hours.
Tried American once to go there and they suck. Paid for non stop. 2 days before they changed it to a stop in Philly. With only about 45 minutes between flights. Horror show.

Reactions: Alicat

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
My favorite airline domestically is Jet Blue. Mint if to west coast. Its worth it to me.

Unfortunately they dont go to Indianapolis where my daughter lives. So for that annual trip its Delta. While they are smaller planes without tvs, the flight is only just over 2 hours.
Tried American once to go there and they suck. Paid for non stop. 2 days before they changed it to a stop in Philly. With only about 45 minutes between flights. Horror show.

Just sounds funny to me.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
This is why I fly Delta. Assigned seating plus comfort+ is awesome

Delta and Jet Blue for me. My last trip to Florida, we flew Delta down and AA back. Delta was easy peazy, no problems whatsoever. Pre-booked, seats chosen, right on time. For AA, we couldn't choose our seats until a day before the flight. Then when we went to choose, it was an extra $45 fee to choose seats, and if you didn't pay it, you weren't guaranteed a seat on the flight! We bit the bullet and paid the fee, which proved to be prescient, because there were dozens of people in the waiting area who were not getting on the flight they paid for. They obviously overbook and then strand anyone who doesn't pay their extortion fee.

Never again will I fly AA. Delta or Jet Blue all the way.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Just sounds funny to me.

yeah, from Boston to Indy both Delta & American fly these old Embraer 170. No tv. Tight seat. Basically a flying bus. Not impressed. They actually duct taped overhead shut on two trips. Theyre so beat up. Causing delays. Right side has standard overhead for carry on suitcase. The left side has much smaller. Will fit a purse, fanny pack, cpap, etc.. Always confusion and frustration with those last to board. They are SOL for any storage.

but it beats driving I guess.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I made the same decision. Flu shot was Monday and Covid booster is a week from today.

Reactions: BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
yeah, from Boston to Indy both Delta & American fly these old Embraer 170. No tv. Tight seat. Basically a flying bus. Not impressed. They actually duct taped overhead shut on two trips. Theyre so beat up. Causing delays. Right side has standard overhead for carry on suitcase. The left side has much smaller. Will fit a purse, fanny pack, cpap, etc.. Always confusion and frustration with those last to board. They are SOL for any storage.

but it beats driving I guess.
To Buffalo, Jet Blue flies Embraer ERJ-190's but at least it has a TV

Porter Airlines uses these planes to fly to Toronto

1666281938696.png

The trade off is the airport they use is DOWNTOWN

• Wow

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
My life changed forever in a big way today.

In the wee hours of the morning, I checked the time on my watch. I didn’t have to be awake for another half hour, so I put my arm around my wife.

I felt my son kick for the first time.

I had seen images of him in the ultrasound. I’ve watched the picture of him moving around inside his mommy. But today, I FELT him for the first time.

I smiled the biggest smile I’ve ever smiled.

Driving home from work this afternoon, rain falling, I thought about how much the world has changed since I was a child. How different it will be for my son growing up than it was for me.

I thought about how scary it must be for a parent to let go on the first day of school, the first sleep over, and when your baby moves away for college.

I guess that’s where faith comes in. Knowing that there will come a day when you’re no longer around for your child. Knowing that the world will change in ways that none of us can possibly imagine. But having the faith that God will provide in all things and be watching over, even when we no longer can.

That no matter what we do in this life, tomorrow is never guaranteed, so all we can do is be the best friend, the best brother, the best husband, the best educator I can be each day that I have.
We’re having our first child. Due in March. Haven’t felt the kicking yet but I can’t wait. Your whole perspective starts to change when having kids that’s for sure.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

JetBlue used to have a hub in Long Beach which was super convenient for me, but once the pandemic hit they moved out of there and focused all Southern California operations into LAX. Still not bad, but I hope they go back to Long Beach when the slots are available (I think it's mostly Southwest and Hawaiian in LGB now)

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Good call, but I got them together with no real problem.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

American is another major airline with constant and continuous management/workforce strife,and it shows in their attitude and product.

Most airlines are phasing out TVs for WIFI.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I'm listening to the Brooks trial and I am ready to throw something at my screen. He's representing himself and the entire thing is a giant clusterf***. This is why you never represent yourself in court.

He's the guy who ran his car through the parade last year.

My heart breaks for the victims and this poor jury

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm listening to the Brooks trial and I am ready to throw something at my screen. He's representing himself and the entire thing is a giant clusterf***. This is why you never represent yourself in court.

He's the guy who ran his car through the parade last year.

My heart breaks for the victims and this poor jury
He's just trying to act up so that he'd get to plea insanity even though it was a clearly premeditated hate crime. He's a massive POS.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I caved and watched the leaked House of the Dragon episode and...

Sigh. I'm so upset. I swore id never trust HBO again after S8 of GOT. Fool me twice? Shame on me. Absolutely ruined so much. Inconsistent episodes. Inconsistent characters traits. No agency.

So upsetting. No reason to pull what they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad