Speculation: Summer 2018 Roster Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
We aren't using the space and he reportedly was willing to take much less again if we landed Tavares. Take care of him, what's the difference between 3-5 million

Reactions: SjMilhouse

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Voynov had his record cleared. LAK can move his rights if they'd like. Weird

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Uhhh. I don't know, I'm pretty sure I read that they made him a pretty good offer yesterday.
You know he is going to want atleast 11M (Doughty money). Not sure if Ottawa will pay him that much.

Also, why in the hell would EK65 want to stay in Ottawa with all the $$ problems they have. Even if he gets paid, there will be little to no support around him.

Beethovens 10th

du bist ein ungeduldiges Eichhörnchen!
Sep 27, 2017
Zentralfriedhof
Glad to see Jumbo stay. I know he’s back with 2 bad knees but this team gets better with him on the ice.

Two bad knees and a lion’s heart is better than two good knees and no heart. Take that Patrick Marleau! He went to the leafs to win a cup? Bwahahaha, yeah, and I joined Facebook to protect my privacy. Ohhhhh! Two burns! Still nothing compared to Brent Burns! An actual defender, unlike anyone on the Maple Leafs blue line. Maybe he chose the leafs cause their blue line reminded him of what he was used to on the island? That’s 3 Burns ladies and gentlemen, wicked burns, I’m on friggin fire right now!

But yeah, glad to have the bearded wonder back, much love for the real Mr. Shark.*

Yeah, that’s 4 Burns people, the quad. I need to cool off the conflagration of invective burbling over the corners of my mind.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Forget Tavares, forget the RFAs. Can someone other than the Sharks please scoop up Dylan Demelo? I don't want PDB to con DW into bringing back Demelo.

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
You know he is going to want atleast 11M (Doughty money). Not sure if Ottawa will pay him that much.

Also, why in the hell would EK65 want to stay in Ottawa with all the $$ problems they have. Even if he gets paid, there will be little to no support around him.

Oh he definitely shouldn't stay in Ottawa. But my understanding is that they would like to keep him.

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
What are people’s thoughts on acquiring Charlie Coyle. Vegas proved this season you don’t need a superstar. Coyle has two years left @ 3.2, can play centre or wing and the organization is familiar with him. Also only 26 years of age and has put up respectable numbers.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I hope Lou offer sheets one of those TOR kids next year. Blow. it. up.

Last edited:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
What are people’s thoughts on acquiring Charlie Coyle. Vegas proved this season you don’t need a superstar. Coyle has two years left @ 3.2, can play centre or wing and the organization is familiar with him. Also only 26 years of age and has put up respectable numbers.

Vegas proved nothing because they didn’t win a Stanley Cup. They literally lost to a team with multiple superstars and they lost because they got dominated by those superstars.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Personally, i dont think DW should pursue anyone other than Bona fide superstars.

The team as is has good scoring depth a strong d corp and a great goalie. Our cap space will give DW so many optipns at TDL and off season. Just need to be patient

Reactions: Mach8

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
First, extend Hertl and Tierney
Then, offer sheet Colin Miller @ 4M x2 (2nd compensation). They'll match but whatever
Try to sign DeHaan at a discount due to his recent injuries (5M x3
If you sign DeHaan, trade Dillon + Karlsson + Tierney + 2nd/1st for skinner huricanes

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Sharks will definitely offer but he may feel more connected to the Leafs by then especially with the way he's basically adopted Matthews and Marner.

More attached to a team he's with for 3 years than a team he's with for 20 years? Just wait till next year when the Leafs face the cap crunch and the fans crucify him for refusing to waive and free up cap space for the young guns. They'll blame him for losing one of their young guys. Roenick was right all along :sarcasm:

Reactions: Friday

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Isles apparently picked up Tom Kuenhackl on a 1-year deal.

Depending on the money, I would've liked him as a 4th liner (though I know that signing UFA 4th liners is the path to madness). I didn't even realize that Pittsburgh chose not to qualify him.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

If we trade Braun+Melker Karlsson+Tierney+Any assortment of futures for Erik Karlsson and Bobby Ryan, we will have a 20 man roster over $1M remaining in cap space.

The timing of that tweet makes me wonder if something is up. I would more than gladly give $88M over 8 years for Erik Karlsson.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area

If we trade Braun+Melker Karlsson+Tierney+Any assortment of futures for Erik Karlsson and Bobby Ryan, we will have a 20 man roster over $1M remaining in cap space.

The timing of that tweet makes me wonder if something is up. I would more than gladly give $88M over 8 years for Erik Karlsson.

Bet Hertl would be included if we get a re-signed Karlsson.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Event closes