Speculation: Summer 2018 Roster Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
“And while Tavares could have had an equal opportunity to win and enjoy life in San Jose, no doubt about it, Marleau put it rather simply when he underlined the ultimate reasoning in why both he and Tavares ended up with the rising Leafs.
“I went to Toronto to win a Cup, so has John,” Marleau said.
No doubt in my mind Marleau would have also sent his old pal Thornton a message over the past week wondering what the UFA centre was up to. Remember that a year ago they contemplated going to Toronto together as a package.”

From Lebruns article, so Patty jumped ship to win a cup with a team that has no d-core and hasn’t won a playoff series in how long? Glad Jumbo is staying loyal and wants to win a cup with the team he bleeds for. Patty is gutless.

Hope Doug finds the right trade for us.

Reactions: Frosty415

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Honestly, DW is a complete idiot if he isn’t doing whatever he can to acquire Erik Karlsson. He let go of Marleau an entire year ago and spent that entire year preparing a gluttonous amount of cap space with the hopes of acquiring a superstar with only cap space. He struck out on Tavares, but he still has the opportunity to acquire another superstar in a move where his gluttonous amount of cap space will play a big role in allowing him to take on Bobby Ryan’s contract. He needs to take advantage of that while he can. It would be a massive failure if he just added a Skinner or a Pacioretty and tried to push with that player.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

knu

Feb 28, 2012
Fremont CA
I think landing someone like EK would be good marketing as well. Just how 91 would have brought alot of eyes, a player like EK would be good for the org. My family doesn't follow hockey as much as myself and even they know EK.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
“And while Tavares could have had an equal opportunity to win and enjoy life in San Jose, no doubt about it, Marleau put it rather simply when he underlined the ultimate reasoning in why both he and Tavares ended up with the rising Leafs.
No doubt in my mind Marleau would have also sent his old pal Thornton a message over the past week wondering what the UFA centre was up to. Remember that a year ago they contemplated going to Toronto together as a package.”

From Lebruns article, so Patty jumped ship to win a cup with a team that has no d-core and hasn’t won a playoff series in how long? Glad Jumbo is staying loyal and wants to win a cup with the team he bleeds for. Patty is gutless.

I hope Patty never wins a cup.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Honestly, DW is a complete idiot if he isn’t doing whatever he can to acquire Erik Karlsson. He let go of Marleau an entire year ago and spent that entire year preparing a gluttonous amount of cap space with the hopes of acquiring a superstar with only cap space. He struck out on Tavares, but he still has the opportunity to acquire another superstar in a move where his gluttonous amount of cap space will play a big role in allowing him to take on Bobby Ryan’s contract. He needs to take advantage of that while he can. It would be a massive failure if he just added a Skinner or a Pacioretty and tried to push with that player.

Then you better be patient.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519

This triggers me

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007

f*** that guy again....

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
**** that guy again....
Nothing would make me happier than to face off with the Leafs in the SCF this year with a Seguin trade and beat them with the better of the two 91's and the better of the 2 Sharks HOFers. Jumbo scores an empty netter in game 7 for his 4th of the game and whips his cock out right in front of Patty and Tavares while they weep hysterically.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
At this point I feel like Patty has a desire to help tear the sharks down as payback for some perceived slight against him.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Nothing would make me happier than to face off with the Leafs in the SCF this year with a Seguin trade and beat them with the better of the two 91's and the better of the 2 Sharks HOFers. Jumbo scores an empty netter in game 7 for his 4th of the game and whips his cock out right in front of Patty and Tavares while they weep hysterically.

Plz. 4-game sweep.

Reactions: hohosaregood

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009

Dorion was recently asked what it would take to get EK, he jokingly responded with “ how about 10 first round picks”. I have faith DW is working the phones but he can’t do something stupid because of Tavares. With the free agent market being bare I’m sure the trade market prices are outrageous right now. Patience.

Reactions: Frosty415

rideaucrusher21

Aug 8, 2008
CA
Patty's quotes are complete lip service. He wanted the extra year and the extra money, that simple. Not holding it against him at all. 'I want to win a cup/championship' is the PC response every athlete gives when discussing a signing.

tmunnuch

Jan 23, 2007
Wouldn't be surprised to see Thornton sign somewhere else if the team remains the same. I guess logically, if he didn't sign somewhere last year, he wouldn't sign somewhere this year, since the team is basically the same if not better. But, part of me thinks that Thornton stayed around because he was waiting for DW to pull in major pieces this offseason. With no major pieces, it would be easier for Thornton to make a clean break, and go to a contender for the next couple of years.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Patty's quotes are complete lip service. He wanted the extra year and the extra money, that simple. Not holding it against him at all. 'I want to win a cup/championship' is the PC response every athlete gives when discussing a signing.

In all seriousness, I agree. Extra year + more money + Babcock instead of Deboer, where they clearly had issues with each other. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if he praised Toronto and had some jabs against the Sharks (specifically saying Babcock > Deboer), but that's what he's supposed to do as a TML player. Doesn't look like it made a difference anyway considering Tavares was just considering Toronto or New York, and only using San Jose as leverage.
I don't blame Marleau. But that doesn't mean I have to like him or root for him. I wish failure on that team and all their players. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad