Proposal: suggestion for chiarelli

8spokesontheB

Cry Havoc!
Dec 24, 2008
I am not high on Mike Calamari. He had that great playoff series, but has been mediocre to poor since then. I think he may have peaked already; it happens.

I still think Jagr is far and away the best option, but who knows if he wants to be a Bruin. I could see him being disinterested. But...what's going on over there in Dallas? They traded their best goalscorer away (Ryder), and Jagr seems to be coming up an awful lot in trade rumors...are they re-building again?

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I am not high on Mike Calamari. He had that great playoff series, but has been mediocre to poor since then. I think he may have peaked already; it happens.

I still think Jagr is far and away the best option, but who knows if he wants to be a Bruin. I could see him being disinterested. But...what's going on over there in Dallas? They traded their best goalscorer away (Ryder), and Jagr seems to be coming up an awful lot in trade rumors...are they re-building again?

I personally don't get the Jagr thing...how old is he?

I would rather have a younger veteran forward like Hemsky who would help improve the B's PP.

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
Only way I offer that is if Nedderiter is included, even then I think I am over paying a bit.

I'll bet Islanders fans would scoff at that being too little. Streit would be a great addition and upgrade over Ference.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I personally don't get the Jagr thing...how old is he?

I would rather have a younger veteran forward like Hemsky who would help improve the B's PP.

Because Jagr can still score goals and lots of them for his age.

If he were traded here he would immediately be the second leading goal scorer on the team. He would complement Krejci quite well.

I think he for sure though would only be a rental-doubtful he would re-sign even if he wants to keep playing.

panny2727

Oct 12, 2010
Not sure I would trust Feaster as far as I could throw him at this point, but if Feaster has any ethics he would realize he owes Chia one for humiliating him in the US and Canada.

My feeling is I just want somebody who can ride Krejci's wing and score and somebody who can eat second pairing minutes and be solid on defense. Nothing flashy.

I think moving Peverly would be a mistake. If Kelly was healthy you could risk it, but IMO Peverly is the type of player you keep in your line-up going into the playoffs because he is versatile.

does chia owe toronto anything for getting seguin and hamilton for mr stay puff

panny2727

Oct 12, 2010
My focus would be on buffalo. Vanek, pominville, sttaford...the price could be sky high but wtv.
would they really even trade with us, vanek would make iginla loss into a joke. is vanek's compete level the same as iginla? probably not. The goal scoring power is above and beyond. the bruins need goal scorers more than ultimate compete guys since they have a few.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
from what I hear we might have interest in ryan whitney now... at least we are linked in the rumors anyhow... Edmonton is also taking offers for hemsky and it seems he might help the krecji line a bit. these two have been rumored here before... so seems possible they are targets and it seems certain they are available

we seem to be shopping peverly and rightfully so. he is a very expensive luxury to have on the fourth line. we also could afford to part with bartowski from the looks of it since he was rumored headed out for iginla.

so how about we do a deal based around these guys with one additional element. Edmonton wants to get rid of eric belenger. he is signed for next year too. we could compliance buy him out next year... use him for depth until Kelly is able to get healthy in the meantime.

and in exchange for doing this... we get Edmonton to eat around 1.75 mill of hemskys cap hit next year so that he wont cost us more than peverly would have.

we throw in a pick to help Edmonton feel ok about this.

they get an upgrade that is more useful to them on their third line... a kid dman ready to help now that would upgrade over potter... some sort of pick... and they make the belenger problem disappear. also peverly would help them a lot on faceoffs.. they currently suck on faceoffs.

we get a rw to play with krecji next year and the remainder of this year. Horton drops down to third line for the remainder of this year and probably plays with soderberg if soderberg does show up... should be a pretty decent third line especially if Kelly gets healthy and rounds it out.

our seguin/Bergeron/marchand line isn't broken.. so no need to tinker with it for now but the krecji line with Horton/lucic barely is a plus line. this line definitely needs tinkering... and our third line has been missing in action all season.

peverly is way too expensive unless he scores more for us... but he could help Edmonton with some winning experience.. so float this idea to them and see if they bite.

Chia needs sleep

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
I hope we get one FW & one D.
One of them cheap-ish and the other one expensive. (Edit: Not hoping anyone comes "expensive" but more of a long term signing)

For example:
Steve Sullivan & Smid
Pominville & Regehr
Clowe & Whitney
Hemsky & Leopold

MaritimeHockeyNut

Rehabilitated Troll
Nov 26, 2010
Maritimes
too bad brieres head wasnt screwed on tighter. Would add that extra component of tanacity and speed in the playoffs IMO, one would think he'd come relatively cheap too, concussion and that price tag. Amnesty buyout or dump for a pick at year end.

But that same package we sent out for iggy and add in maybe peverly and/or caron or even boychuck should definitely fetch us something decent one would think. I dont want to see koko go but damage control might be high on chias mind right now. Jagr and Roy combo would be nice. Both linked in rumors... not specifically to boston however. Seeing how Roy was traded straight up pretty much for otto, That package might not be as expensive as one would think... 1st, koko caron and bart. might be enough to close that deal if they where sellers but being only one point out of the playoffs I think dallas would probably have interest in boychuk.

MaritimeHockeyNut

Rehabilitated Troll
Nov 26, 2010
Maritimes
I hope we get one FW & one D.
One of them cheap-ish and the other one expensive. (Edit: Not hoping anyone comes "expensive" but more of a long term signing)

For example:
Steve Sullivan & Smid
Pominville & Regehr
Clowe & Whitney
Hemsky & Leopold

Out of all those options Id be ecstatic over pominville and regehr. Sullivan and smid would not be unhappy but I'm hope'n boston veers away from those other two unless its for bags of pucks, then i'd be fine with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad