Proposal: suggestion for chiarelli

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
The bolded above are all considered blue-chip prospects (at least around here) and they will be targeted by other teams, so I do not think that you can include them to the list if you consider them trade bait.

"LOL".....seriously dude....what are you, like a 12 year old?

They aren't bluechip prospects. "Bluechip" to me is guys like Galchenyuk, Reilly, Hamilton, Trouba, Grigorenko etc.
Spooner and Khoko are nice prospects for sure, but they aren't (IMO) top line talent. To me bluechip is a guy who projects as 1st pairing or 1st liner. There will be guys better than Spooner and Khoko picked in the 2nd round of this upcoming draft. I don't WANT to trade either one of them, but I'd certainly move them for the right player.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Kind of afraid to lose Pevs. I know now that Bourque is gone, he`s pretty much whippin boy #1, well, not true, Pandalfo seems to be which is bizarre seeing as nothing should have been expected from him offensively and that`s exactly what he`s produced;)

I can see this system allowing a guy like Whitney to play a simple game, play with Vets he hasn`t played with since his Pitt days. Something is terribly wrong in Edmonton, and it`s been coaching for years. Both Renney and now Krueger are incapable of teaching defense.

Haven`t seen more than a handful of Oilers games this year and have no idea how Hemsky looks, always dangerous in years gone by but.....with Kelly out, regardless of Pevs struggles, I`m not confident up the middle if he were moved.

And even when/if Kelly returns, to expect him to be anywhere near game shape for a long time is unreasonable. If Chia moves Pevs, I have to assume it`s for another guy who not only can play center, but win faceoffs in the circle

Hemsky is playing well. He gets a bad rap on this but he's a good player. It's totally a risk if you are dealing Peverly, who played well in the playoffs for us before. I'd rather ADD to the top 9 than switch out someone.

I'd go back to Feaster and see about Tanguay.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
They aren't bluechip prospects. "Bluechip" to me is guys like Galchenyuk, Reilly, Hamilton, Trouba, Grigorenko etc.
Spooner and Khoko are nice prospects for sure, but they aren't (IMO) top line talent. To me bluechip is a guy who projects as 1st pairing or 1st liner. There will be guys better than Spooner and Khoko picked in the 2nd round of this upcoming draft. I don't WANT to trade either one of them, but I'd certainly move them for the right player.

Then, technically...we have none (Hamilton not withstanding). In that case, then I can see where you are coming from.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Hemsky is playing well. He gets a bad rap on this but he's a good player. It's totally a risk if you are dealing Peverly, who played well in the playoffs for us before. I'd rather ADD to the top 9 than switch out someone.

Not sure I would trust Feaster as far as I could throw him at this point, but if Feaster has any ethics he would realize he owes Chia one for humiliating him in the US and Canada.

My feeling is I just want somebody who can ride Krejci's wing and score and somebody who can eat second pairing minutes and be solid on defense. Nothing flashy.

I think moving Peverly would be a mistake. If Kelly was healthy you could risk it, but IMO Peverly is the type of player you keep in your line-up going into the playoffs because he is versatile.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
Not sure I would trust Feaster as far as I could throw him at this point, but if Feaster has any ethics he would realize he owes Chia one for humiliating him in the US and Canada.

My feeling is I just want somebody who can ride Krejci's wing and score and somebody who can eat second pairing minutes and be solid on defense. Nothing flashy.

I think moving Peverly would be a mistake. If Kelly was healthy you could risk it, but IMO Peverly is the type of player you keep in your line-up going into the playoffs because he is versatile.

Mike Cammalleri anyone?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Completely with you on that Quincy, had Kelly not suffered his injury, I`m willing to wager, with Caron that line would have gotten back to playing the way we have become accustomed to seeing it play, it may not mean career high kind of numbers but.....Since Kelly`s injury, Pevs is/has been the only real skilled player on there, Caron isn`t a finisher and Paille/Pandalfo.....

Same true if Pevs were gone and Kelly healthy, I believe they need one another. I have to wonder if Clowe`s offensive disappearance is a product of the environment in SJ, you don`t just forget how to put pucks in the net do ya?

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
At this point, if MSL or Jagr are not attainable (or someone of that ilk), then I would rather Chia focus his efforts on a legit top 4, maybe top 3 D. Problem is, I'm not sure if those types of players are out there. I have heard Dan Boyle's name floated, but I honestly can't say that I have seen him play recently, so I don't know what he has left.

Either way, I think Chia needs to do something creative, maybe take a bit of a risk, or even find that next Seidenberg, someone who no one thought was an upgrade at the time, but turned out to be our number 2 guy.

We aren't going to come close to matching Pitt offensively, unless we end up with MSL or even Jagr, even then we are depending on that top line to show consistent finish...so let's just batten down the hatches defensively, and try to do it that way. Let's focus on matching up with Pitt's top two lines. Chara and Seids against Crosby...then who do we have to send out against Malkin's line? They need someone else on D.

If that is the route we go, I don't mind a Hemsky or someone like that added as some depth scoring, but Hemsky alone isn't going to put you over the top.

Edit: I realize Boyle is not a defensive defenseman, that would obviously be preferable, but just not sure who is available that matches that description.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Consolation prizes. Too brittle, too little, too late. I've never liked change for the sake of change and of all of the players in the NHL There has to be better options than these two.

Agreed. This would be a panic move that does nothing to move the needle. So why bother?

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
What's his cap and contract? I always thought the Habs did him very poorly and he was a pretty decent player. I would take him but not if it meant selling the farm.

$6.0 cap hit. Limited NTC. Free agent next year (2014)

EDIT - he is over paid. If the Bruins could snag him, you pretty much have to lose Horton and Ference next season

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
trade for tavares.... seguin and koko

This is what I am talking about, it is ok to pick up a rental or depth player or two, but the Bruins should try and pull off a major deal for a guy like Tavares, Giroux or E.Kane. I would not trade Seguin, Hamilton, Bergeron or Chara, but anyone else is fair game. I doubt the Isles would give up Tavares, but they have made some strange deals before, I would try a package that includes Krejci and Subban + that way they still get a #1 center and a future stud goalie plus picks or prospects, the other thing is maybe try to get a deal done with Tuukka Rask going back as the main piece, then we call up Svedberg who I think is even better than Rask and maybe add a vet goalie as well. If the Bruins could somehow land a top flight player like one of the 3 mentioned above without giving up Seguin, Hamilton etc.. that would top anything pittsburgh has done.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
The New Appointed ChampionsThe Pittsburgh Penguins

Chris Kunitz - Sidney Crosby - Pascal Dupuis

Jarome Iginla - Evgeni Malkin - James Neal

Brenden Morrow - Brandon Sutter - Matt Cooke

Tanner Glass - Craig Adams - Tyler Kennedy

Brooks Orpik - Paul Martin

Douglas Murray - Kris Letang

Matt Niskanen - Mark Eaton

Fluery/ Voukon

(They still have 4 million to spend at the trade deadline)

VERSUS

The Boston Bruins:

Milan Lucic - David Krejci - Nathan Horton

Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - Tyler Seguin

Jay Pandolfo- Rich Peverley - Jordan Caron

Daniel Paille- Gregory Campbell -Shawn Thornton

Defensemen

Zdeno Chara - Tory Krueg

Dennis Seidenberg - Dougie Hamilton

Andrew Ference - Matt Bartkowski

Rask/ Khudobin

IR: Chris Kelly, Johnny Boychuk, Adam McQuaid

(Bruins have 11 million to spend)

Who do they target?

Forwards:

Vanek 1y at 7.142m
MLS 1y at 5.625m
Stanstny 1y at 6.6m
Hemsky 2y at 5.0m
Pominville 2y at 5.3m
Jagr UFA at 4.5m
Roy UFA at 4.0m
Duchene 1y RFA at 3.5m
Moulson 2y at 3.3m
Clowe UFA at 3.6 m

Defenseman:

Bowmeister 1y at 6.68m
Streit UFA at 4.1m
Carlson 5y at 3.9m
Alzner RFA at 1.28m
Whitney UFA at 4.0m
Brassard 2y at 3.2m

Lots of options for the Bruins. It will depend on what the market does.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Why bother to add Eric Belanger into it ? :shakehead

I added eric belenger because Edmonton needs to get rid of him... he is signed for next year. I am asking Edmonton in my proposal to eat a part of hemskys contract next year. this will cost their owner cash. im taking belenger so that the owner saves cash on belenger and spends cash on hemsky thus balancing out the cash part of the trade for next season.

the money we save on hemsky is spent on belenger's buyout... we don't end up spending extra cash but we do get less of a cap hit. the cap hit will be very important to us if we want to have a team without a huge hole in the lineup. 1.5-2milion dollars is the difference between having a guy like Horton on the top line or a guy like Soderberg. Or its the difference between having a guy like bartowski on the blueline or a guy like ference. Not that we can afford either Horton or ference unless the cap goes up.

but... overall given our situation... trying to save cap room is extremely important and we should test other teams to see if they would retain some salary on a player that is signed for next year. its not only impending ufa that we should be looking at if a team would retain some salary. and if that team has some guys it needs to compliance buyout and that team isn't a cap limit team... than why wouldn't it agree to retain salary?

just might require us overpaying a bit with a pick or prospect to get the deal done.

IMHO hemsky is a problem in Edmonton... he doesn't like playing 3rd line behind a bunch of kids. He doesn't like playing the offwing. He doesn't like playing second unit pp.

Edmonton HAS to turn things over to the kids. Hemsky doesn't complement the kids... he gets in their way. Edmonton doesn't need his skill on a third line. What they need is room for Eberle and Yakubov to be their goto rw's and probably switch Gagner to LW cause he sort of sucks defensively as a center and put him and Hall as your goto LW... and than Hopkins is one of the goto centers and there is a hole for the second goto center. Horcorff seems stuck on the team for now and I guess they will try to get by with him as the second line center until his contract becomes tradable.

I am suggesting Peverly would be of interest to Edmonton cause he can kill penalties and look ok on the PP but more importantly he can win faceoffs and he is more affordable than Hemsky or Horcorff to serve as the building block for the third line to get moldeled around. MPS has turned his season around and now looks to be in the plans going forward as a third line guy. Edmonton still needs to add size/grit to the top 9 so its pretty important to them to find someone with size/grit to round out this group of players.

Hemsky isn't that guy... so I do believe they want to trade him and I am just suggesting that if we want them to retain some salary that we have to make it worth their while.

Would they really want Peverly? I cant say for guarantee that they would... but I hope Chiarelli is at least testing those waters. A subsidized Hemsky would help us out next year a lot more than a third line Peverly would

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
The biggest issue with making any moves is that there are only a few teams that are going to admit they are out of the playoff race. Florida, maybe Philly and Tampa in the east and Colorado and Calgary in the west.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The biggest issue with making any moves is that there are only a few teams that are going to admit they are out of the playoff race. Florida, maybe Philly and Tampa in the east and Colorado and Calgary in the west.

While true in the past, been a while where we`ve seen a drop in cap space, that alone will have teams scrambling to move some players I have to imagine?

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Love to pickup Pominville + Leopold/Regehr

Leopold/Regehr are both UFA and Pominville has one more year left @ just over 5 million

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
While true in the past, been a while where we`ve seen a drop in cap space, that alone will have teams scrambling to move some players I have to imagine?

True, but I don't know if the B's can take on a contract that goes beyond this season if it's for enough money that the other team wants/needs to get rid of it

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I added eric belenger because Edmonton needs to get rid of him... he is signed for next year. I am asking Edmonton in my proposal to eat a part of hemskys contract next year. this will cost their owner cash. im taking belenger so that the owner saves cash on belenger and spends cash on hemsky thus balancing out the cash part of the trade for next season.

the money we save on hemsky is spent on belenger's buyout... we don't end up spending extra cash but we do get less of a cap hit. the cap hit will be very important to us if we want to have a team without a huge hole in the lineup. 1.5-2milion dollars is the difference between having a guy like Horton on the top line or a guy like Soderberg. Or its the difference between having a guy like bartowski on the blueline or a guy like ference. Not that we can afford either Horton or ference unless the cap goes up.

but... overall given our situation... trying to save cap room is extremely important and we should test other teams to see if they would retain some salary on a player that is signed for next year. its not only impending ufa that we should be looking at if a team would retain some salary. and if that team has some guys it needs to compliance buyout and that team isn't a cap limit team... than why wouldn't it agree to retain salary?

just might require us overpaying a bit with a pick or prospect to get the deal done.

IMHO hemsky is a problem in Edmonton... he doesn't like playing 3rd line behind a bunch of kids. He doesn't like playing the offwing. He doesn't like playing second unit pp.

Edmonton HAS to turn things over to the kids. Hemsky doesn't complement the kids... he gets in their way. Edmonton doesn't need his skill on a third line. What they need is room for Eberle and Yakubov to be their goto rw's and probably switch Gagner to LW cause he sort of sucks defensively as a center and put him and Hall as your goto LW... and than Hopkins is one of the goto centers and there is a hole for the second goto center. Horcorff seems stuck on the team for now and I guess they will try to get by with him as the second line center until his contract becomes tradable.

I am suggesting Peverly would be of interest to Edmonton cause he can kill penalties and look ok on the PP but more importantly he can win faceoffs and he is more affordable than Hemsky or Horcorff to serve as the building block for the third line to get moldeled around. MPS has turned his season around and now looks to be in the plans going forward as a third line guy. Edmonton still needs to add size/grit to the top 9 so its pretty important to them to find someone with size/grit to round out this group of players.

Hemsky isn't that guy... so I do believe they want to trade him and I am just suggesting that if we want them to retain some salary that we have to make it worth their while.

Would they really want Peverly? I cant say for guarantee that they would... but I hope Chiarelli is at least testing those waters. A subsidized Hemsky would help us out next year a lot more than a third line Peverly would

Don't want Hemsky if it means losing Peverly. Why can't we make deals like Pitt where we acquire useful players without subtracting from our roster.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
The New Appointed ChampionsThe Pittsburgh Penguins

Chris Kunitz - Sidney Crosby - Pascal Dupuis

Jarome Iginla - Evgeni Malkin - James Neal

Brenden Morrow - Brandon Sutter - Matt Cooke

Tanner Glass - Craig Adams - Tyler Kennedy

Brooks Orpik - Paul Martin

Douglas Murray - Kris Letang

Matt Niskanen - Mark Eaton

Fluery/ Voukon

(They still have 4 million to spend at the trade deadline)

VERSUS

The Boston Bruins:

Milan Lucic - David Krejci - Nathan Horton

Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - Tyler Seguin

Jay Pandolfo- Rich Peverley - Jordan Caron

Daniel Paille- Gregory Campbell -Shawn Thornton

Defensemen

Zdeno Chara - Tory Krueg

Dennis Seidenberg - Dougie Hamilton

Andrew Ference - Matt Bartkowski

Rask/ Khudobin

IR: Chris Kelly, Johnny Boychuk, Adam McQuaid

(Bruins have 11 million to spend)

Who do they target?

Forwards:

Vanek 1y at 7.142m
MLS 1y at 5.625m
Stanstny 1y at 6.6m
Hemsky 2y at 5.0m
Pominville 2y at 5.3m
Jagr UFA at 4.5m
Roy UFA at 4.0m
Duchene 1y RFA at 3.5m
Moulson 2y at 3.3m
Clowe UFA at 3.6 m

Defenseman:

Bowmeister 1y at 6.68m
Streit UFA at 4.1m
Carlson 5y at 3.9m
Alzner RFA at 1.28m
Whitney UFA at 4.0m
Brassard 2y at 3.2m

Lots of options for the Bruins. It will depend on what the market does.

Of the players you listed on D, I would take Carlson or Alzner for sure, but would be ok also with Streit(if not too pricey), JBo and will add Dan Boyle as well.

For fowards listed, MSL, Clowe amd Pominville may be ok, but would really like to add Duchene, Vanek and Moulson, if we could get 2 of these forwards say Duchene and Moulson and 1 of the D I listed and maybe 1 more depth type dman it would be up there with what pittsburgh has done and would make the Bruins a co-favourite.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
The bolded above are all considered blue-chip prospects (at least around here) and they will be targeted by other teams, so I do not think that you can include them to the list if you consider them trade bait.

"LOL".....seriously dude....what are you, like a 12 year old?

Haha, on HFboards they are blue chip prospects, in the real world those 4 represent possible NHL players, probable AHL players and potential busts.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
At this point, if MSL or Jagr are not attainable (or someone of that ilk), then I would rather Chia focus his efforts on a legit top 4, maybe top 3 D. Problem is, I'm not sure if those types of players are out there. I have heard Dan Boyle's name floated, but I honestly can't say that I have seen him play recently, so I don't know what he has left.

Either way, I think Chia needs to do something creative, maybe take a bit of a risk, or even find that next Seidenberg, someone who no one thought was an upgrade at the time, but turned out to be our number 2 guy.

We aren't going to come close to matching Pitt offensively, unless we end up with MSL or even Jagr, even then we are depending on that top line to show consistent finish...so let's just batten down the hatches defensively, and try to do it that way. Let's focus on matching up with Pitt's top two lines. Chara and Seids against Crosby...then who do we have to send out against Malkin's line? They need someone else on D.

If that is the route we go, I don't mind a Hemsky or someone like that added as some depth scoring, but Hemsky alone isn't going to put you over the top.

Edit: I realize Boyle is not a defensive defenseman, that would obviously be preferable, but just not sure who is available that matches that description.

Would love to give Dan Boyle an opportunity as a bruin.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Koko, Bartkowski, and '14 first rounder for Streit. For next season, let Ference and Horton walk; replace with Streit and one of Spooner or Soderberg. Money works.

Only way I offer that is if Nedderiter is included, even then I think I am over paying a bit.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Vanek might be a good pick up but could swear I read somewhere he was injured.

I think for more rental type Jagr might be the best bet-he and Krejci I think would play well together.

$6.0 cap hit. Limited NTC. Free agent next year (2014)

EDIT - he is over paid. If the Bruins could snag him, you pretty much have to lose Horton and Ference next season

I honestly kind of like Cammalleri-and I wouldn't mind losing Horton (I think Horton is kind of useless this year and really don't want him resigned).

I could see picking him up though only if you were intending to re-sign and I think if the team is looking to get a replacement for Horton they probably need to focus more on a right wing.

Is Cammalleri good on his off side?

I guess in this trade season if Chia can't find the right pending UFA that really can help with scoring-it would make some sense to look for somebody the team wouldn't mind keeping or re-signing (which I think is often 'chia's preference anyway).

He might not fit and his cap hit is on the larger side-but he is right now more productive than Horton on a team that is pretty terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad