Proposal: suggestion for chiarelli

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
from what I hear we might have interest in ryan whitney now... at least we are linked in the rumors anyhow... Edmonton is also taking offers for hemsky and it seems he might help the krecji line a bit. these two have been rumored here before... so seems possible they are targets and it seems certain they are available

we seem to be shopping peverly and rightfully so. he is a very expensive luxury to have on the fourth line. we also could afford to part with bartowski from the looks of it since he was rumored headed out for iginla.

so how about we do a deal based around these guys with one additional element. Edmonton wants to get rid of eric belenger. he is signed for next year too. we could compliance buy him out next year... use him for depth until Kelly is able to get healthy in the meantime.

and in exchange for doing this... we get Edmonton to eat around 1.75 mill of hemskys cap hit next year so that he wont cost us more than peverly would have.

we throw in a pick to help Edmonton feel ok about this.

they get an upgrade that is more useful to them on their third line... a kid dman ready to help now that would upgrade over potter... some sort of pick... and they make the belenger problem disappear. also peverly would help them a lot on faceoffs.. they currently suck on faceoffs.

we get a rw to play with krecji next year and the remainder of this year. Horton drops down to third line for the remainder of this year and probably plays with soderberg if soderberg does show up... should be a pretty decent third line especially if Kelly gets healthy and rounds it out.

our seguin/Bergeron/marchand line isn't broken.. so no need to tinker with it for now but the krecji line with Horton/lucic barely is a plus line. this line definitely needs tinkering... and our third line has been missing in action all season.

peverly is way too expensive unless he scores more for us... but he could help Edmonton with some winning experience.. so float this idea to them and see if they bite.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Wouldn`t be shocked at all if a deal with Edmonton is next on Chia`s plate.

Real skeptical but Clowe seems to also be, does the return the Flames got suddenly make this a buyers market I wonder?

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
If we got Hemsky/Whitney for a pile of **** I wouldn't care but if it's for anything valuable i'll be upset. I don't think either of them are any good anymore.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Is there a cliff notes version? Hemsky and Whitney for Peverly and Bartowski? Don't see why Edmonton does it, but if they do, sure sign me up. I'm one of the few that likes Whitney and Hemsky

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Peverley hasnt been scoring because he's been playing with a snake bitten Kelly, Chris Bourque, Pandawful, and Caron. I would like to see what he could do with Clowe and Soderberg on his line. Then we would have 3 scoring lines. Or if we get Hemsky then maybe bump Horton down to his line.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Consolation prizes. Too brittle, too little, too late. I've never liked change for the sake of change and of all of the players in the NHL There has to be better options than these two.

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
Koko, Bartkowski, and '14 first rounder for Streit. For next season, let Ference and Horton walk; replace with Streit and one of Spooner or Soderberg. Money works.

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
After the couple summers and last years deadline, I think people do realize that is a possibility.

In the media availability PC said that he is still in a position to make this team better and he is going to try to do so.. That means that he doesn't want to stand pat.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
People need to realize that Bruins might just stand pat,

I would be more than happy with that. I currently see no point to trade away future assets to improve a team that has shown a vast inability to win. Add MSL...so what? does he put us over the top? I would say no. He would boost our offense, but what about our terrible D? I just don't see this team going very far....that said, I hope to be as wrong about that as possible.

panny2727

Oct 12, 2010
I would be more than happy with that. I currently see no point to trade away future assets to improve a team that has shown a vast inability to win. Add MSL...so what? does he put us over the top? I would say no. He would boost our offense, but what about our terrible D? I just don't see this team going very far....that said, I hope to be as wrong about that as possible.

there is more parody than we make it out to be. wait till you play the habs 7 times and we start to win games. the tune will change like omg we are in the conference finals and pitts lost to the rangers in round 1. the playoffs have been a completely different animal the last 5 years in the east, and i expect no different than the unpredicatable to happen.

since pitts went 4 years ago, philly 7 seed boston 3 and devils 6. pitts was 1st that year but 4th the year before.

maybe its pittsburgh but i know better than to try and think i can predict the east correctly at any time

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH

I know we as fans tend to be harder on our own players and team but... the Boston Bruins are 3rd in the league in goals against. It's a little hyperbolic to say "our terrible D"

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
I know we as fans tend to be harder on our own players and team but... the Boston Bruins are 3rd in the league in goals against. It's a little hyperbolic to say "our terrible D"

To me they are...of late. We have lost games in which we have had 2 goal leads on several occasions. I know that deep within each one of them lingers a champion and a solid player, but that player seems to not want to come to the surface. Last night's display was a prime example....twice they got a 2 goal lead to work with....and we all know what happened. They are not playing well at all....of late.

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
where has it been said that "we are shopping Peverley"??

don't think he is in trade talks at all, he is an important and versatile piece of this team

Schalkenullvier*

Consolation prizes. Too brittle, too little, too late. I've never liked change for the sake of change and of all of the players in the NHL There has to be better options than these two.

change for the sake of change is exactly what this team needs.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00