Suddenly seeing Peter Horachek in a new light!

limeyleafsfan

Apr 16, 2006
THE London, England
He knows he's history at season's end (possibly even sooner) so he's figured what the heck has he got to lose..... namely take as many of the under-achievers down the tubes with him.

He's making the kind of moves - entirely warranted moves - that previous coaches have been too scared (for whatever reason) to make.

All power to him!

Rayban*

Apr 21, 2013
Ottawa
I'm not convinced he's gone from the organization. He was only named interm and i think he's doing exactly what they want. Enforce a legit defensive system and see who sinks and who swims.

And lets be real. Nobody wants to say it, but short of setting anymore dubious records i don't think management wants to earn another point this season.

limeyleafsfan

Apr 16, 2006
THE London, England
I'm not convinced he's gone from the organization. He was only named interm and i think he's doing exactly what they want. Enforce a legit defensive system and see who sinks and who swims.

And lets be real. Nobody wants to say it, but short of setting anymore dubious records i don't think management wants to earn another point this season.

Yeah you could be right there - maybe there's yet another front-office post waiting to be filled come summer time. If you're right and management seriously don't want to win points the rest of the way, then he's doing a heckuva of a job for them!

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
He knows he's history at season's end (possibly even sooner) so he's figured what the heck has he got to lose..... namely take as many of the under-achievers down the tubes with him.

He's making the kind of moves - entirely warranted moves - that previous coaches have been too scared (for whatever reason) to make.

All power to him!

poor chump may not win 5 games as leaf coach ......who would hire him ...ol itd make a mockery out of all the coaches that go thru the process of earning it

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He's basically saying the same thing that Carlyle was saying, just sounds harsher. As much as he sat the 'top' line for a while, the second he could put the top line on the PP, he did... and they got scored on. He shuffles every other line every second he can for whatever the reason but can't figure out that Kessel and JVR probably need a change of line PERMANENTLY. Scratching Clarkson was the right call. He recognized Panik deserves more minutes.

Carlyle = compete level has to be higher , Horachek = crap meter has to be higher

Carlyle = I don't know , Horachek = bewildered

I'm not impressed.

Last edited:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Horachek is doing great. Panik needs an extended look, think we came out with a robbery.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

All power to him!

So basically the same thing he did in Florida last season, but some are too consumed by the fish bowl here to realize?

Geeez lol. Let's be real - he has this methods, and he's been dealt a very tough hand both here and in Florida. It's unlikely he will get a third chance across the league, but there's lots of like anout him.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Playing Kessel on the fourth line with Smith and Booth was great. That took some balls that a permanent coach might not have. A little easier to express your displeasure with the low give-a-**** readings when you're getting humiliated night-in night-out, will be gone at the end of the season and will never get another coaching gig anyway. No where for the players to hide a when the coach has nothing to lose!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If Leafs want to tank next season. They should bring him back. Coaches are measured in wins and losses. Horachek's win loss record in Florida and Toronto is tank worthy.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
He's basically saying the same thing that Carlyle was saying, just sounds harsher. As much as he sat the 'top' line for a while, the second he could put the top line on the PP, he did... and they got scored on. He shuffles very other line very second for whatever the reason but can't figure out that Kessel and JVR probably need a change of line PERMANENTLY. Scratching Clarkson was the right call.

Carlyle = compete level has to be higher , Horachek = crap meter has to be higher

Carlyle = I don't know , Horachek = bewildered

I'm not impressed.

Both Carlyle (I don't know) and Horachek (bewildered) know what the problem is. They are just not coming right out and saying it to the media. Horachek was close. Who do you think he's talking about? Winnik/Santorelli/Rielly/Reimer/Robidas? No.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Both Carlyle (I don't know) and Horachek (bewildered) know what the problem is. They are just not coming right out and saying it to the media. Horachek was close. Who do you think he's talking about? Winnik/Santorelli/Rielly/Reimer/Robidas? No.

I don't disagree there, especially in recent months.

I'm not sure how any executive can go on with this core. It's dead inside all ready...

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I don't disagree there, especially in recent months.

I'm not sure how any executive can go on with this core. It's dead inside all ready...

People always say how come certain players leave here and become good all of a sudden. Cause back in the day of the Muskoka 5 and the current Kessel and the gang, you are led by example and really have no voice to change anything except for follow the leaders.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
So our hard working players are playing, our youth are developing, and the lazy turds (not for lack of a better word), are riding the pine? I like this guy. In a few years we'd be on the right track. At least he's not like Carlyle, not developing youth, encouraging management to trade away our skilled players and having a line full of goons.

Remember the 2 offensive lines, 1 shutdown line, and an energy line motto that Burke and Carlyle both seemingly agreed on?

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
What Harachek did last night is not out of the ordinary with guys my age that have seen that growing up. These days everyone worries about a top players psyche. Back in the day a good benching was a normal circumstance. I personally loved what he did, he went with Reimer again after the win, reduced the playing times of the top line and increased time to players that worked hard.

Face it. RC tried for years to get these guys to work hard and they never did, now, different story. Don't play hard and don't play. Clarkson can say all he wants but he is not giving his all, neither is Kessel and Bozak. I personally see a major turnover before next fall.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Horachek with this sparkling 2-12-1 and losing 13 of 15 games is daily proving that Carlyle was not the problem.

Now during his pressers he is taking the exact same tone and complaining about the same things as his predecessor.

His 66 NHL games head coaching experience before Toronto is showing through with flying colours.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
Horachek with this sparkling 2-12-1 and losing 13 of 15 games is daily proving that Carlyle was not the problem.

Now during his pressers he is taking the exact same tone and complaining about the same things as his predecessor.

His 66 NHL games head coaching experience before Toronto is showing through with flying colours.

This team checked out long before PH took over and you know that. RC did pretty well with what he had. Face it, flawed collection of players, not the coaches fault. Falls squarely of the shoulders of Burke and Nonis.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007

Mess are you forgetting that every year except the lockout shortened one, the leafs have gone on an incredible post all star break losing streak? It's definitely the players and not the coaches.... But it definitely doesn't mean Carlyle is the much better coach.

Rufio65*

The players always played harder under Randy. The players are the problem, but as a player it would be pretty hard to take Horachek seriously. He is a terrible coach with absolutely no credibility. His record with 2 different teams speak for itself.

I don't see him in a different light.. he is a stooge, nothing more.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Carlyle's plan was to play Bozak 20+ minutes a night lol. At least Hora is willing to change things up. RC would have kept trotting out Bozak/Kessel out there no matter what.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto

Same here and its a good thing. Although most of our team is sinking.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
If Leafs want to tank next season. They should bring him back. Coaches are measured in wins and losses. Horachek's win loss record in Florida and Toronto is tank worthy.

Edmonton has a contract ready for him and tongues on the management staff are out!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad