Sudbury Wolves 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
No idea if this account can be trusted, but they're suggesting Sudbury will be taking American Quentin Musty 1st overall

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Doesn't sound like Musty was ever a guy planning to come to the OHL. If rumours are true Sudbury must think they can get him to report. Really exciting intrigue leading up to the draft now with another name in the mix to go along with Ritchie for the No.1 pick.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Doesn't sound like Musty was ever a guy planning to come to the OHL. If rumours are true Sudbury must think they can get him to report. Really exciting intrigue leading up to the draft now with another name in the mix to go along with Ritchie for the No.1 pick.

What're you basing that on? Literally every thing I've heard about him, from a handful of different people, has suggested he's always planned on coming to the OHL if he was drafted high

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
What're you basing that on? Literally every thing I've heard about him, from a handful of different people, has suggested he's always planned on coming to the OHL if he was drafted high
He's at the USNTDP camp currently is he not? Traditionally that's not an OHL path.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Hard to turn down 1st overall pick and the Jack Ferguson award at 15 plus all attention you would get much like Byfield playing in the OHL. He would have to be pretty dedicated to playing stateside to pass up that opportunity.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Sudbury better get a coach in place soon and very soon if they plan on recruiting top end players. Would be nice to know who your player is playing for if you were Musty's agent don't you think?

Reactions: dirty12

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
He's at the USNTDP camp currently is he not? Traditionally that's not an OHL path.

Basically every good American goes to USNTDP camp because it's before the OHL draft. Makes no sense to not keep your options open. I've asked around on Musty since people were making the claims that SBY wants him 1/1 and almost universally everyone I've talked to has said yeah its well known to OHL teams that he's always been planning on coming here. Also makes sense why someone who has his skill isn't committed to an NCAA team, as he would've had a ton of NCAA offers by now

Perreault is also at that camp and he is thought to also be a lock OHL guy (his brother did the same thing and is now with Sarnia)

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Basically every good American goes to USNTDP camp because it's before the OHL draft. Makes no sense to not keep your options open. I've asked around on Musty since people were making the claims that SBY wants him 1/1 and almost universally everyone I've talked to has said yeah its well known to OHL teams that he's always been planning on coming here. Also makes sense why someone who has his skill isn't committed to an NCAA team, as he would've had a ton of NCAA offers by now

Perreault is also at that camp and he is thought to also be a lock OHL guy (his brother did the same thing and is now with Sarnia)

for a little more than a year I think, NCAA schools cannot speak to student athletes before age of 16.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

Hmmm and how does Musty compare to Ritchie

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
Hmmm and how does Musty compare to Ritchie

musty is 6’ 3” 190
Ritchie is 6’0” 160

Don’t know anything else about them! But there is a physical difference between the two. Not sure how much it translates to their games

Reactions: cub

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I still consider Chychrun Canadian, so last American picked first overall would be Galchenyuk. I've heard Ritchie's name for over a year but never heard of Musty until recently. Also, although getting talented players from down South ( GTA/US ) to report to Sudbury has improved over the last few years there's still a risk, especially when we're talking high end American talent. Even London usually picks these types of players later on

Last edited:

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I believe when picking first overall player must be signed to receive the Jack Ferguson award, that is why the player is announced the day before the draft. So Musty would have to commit ahead of draft day. I would bet the house he would not pass up being selected first at 15 yrs old and all the attention he would receive. We have to get a coach in place asap so players can decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad