Sudbury Wolves 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrwhopper

May 28, 2015
So I guess new coach to be named after draft.

Really intrigued on whom the new hire will be

It wouldnt surprise me to see the Wolves wait until the fate of Cory Stillman is decided in Arizona. Armstrong has gone on the record to say that the new HC will have full control of his assistants.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
We should go after a good Junior coach in my opinion, try and build this from the ground up.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
That's a nice signing.

6 of Wolves Dmen look set now, all signed for next season:

LD Ross OA
RD Thompson 02
LD Ribau 02
RD Robinson 03
LD Anania 03
RD Collins 04

Seems like a pretty strong defensive group despite all the rookies. I could definitely see them adding another puck-mover too. Philips will be sorely missed

Reactions: hockeynorth

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Heard rumour they might go Pharand first overall, want to put local buttons in the seats..
God l hope not lm not saying Pharand isn't any good but 1st,? Top 5? I think my choice would be Colby Barlow, size speed, natural scoring ability

Where are you hearing this rumor? Pharand is a great player, but he's a fringe Top 10 guy right now, IMO. I personally feel he goes to NB at 11.

Anyway, you want to put bums in the seats? You pick the best possible player and build a winner, that player is Ritchie.

Reactions: dirty12

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
It wouldnt surprise me to see the Wolves wait until the fate of Cory Stillman is decided in Arizona. Armstrong has gone on the record to say that the new HC will have full control of his assistants.
He should of never left to go to an organization that's been terrible for years, and with alot of turnover, but I get it. He took a chance. In life, we at times take chances.

I wish him the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wisdom

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Where are you hearing this rumor? Pharand is a great player, but he's a fringe Top 10 guy right now, IMO. I personally feel he goes to NB at 11.

Anyway, you want to put bums in the seats? You pick the best possible player and build a winner, that player is Ritchie.

maybe NB selects Pharrand and/or Chase Thompson in round two as they might be a little shy of taking not so successful 1st round stabs at locals Schlueting and Lyle recently
I really hope the wolves retain GUE-*2nd and select a D. I am more than a little concerned about the wolves lack of early investment on D & G the past two drafts; they can’t make it three consecutive drafts?!

Last edited:

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I believe Ritchie is a sure thing, and if they are interested in Pharand then they will try trading draft picks to get as early a second as they can. They could use their late euro pick on a goalie which seems to be their trend of late.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
I believe Ritchie is a sure thing, and if they are interested in Pharand then they will try trading draft picks to get as early a second as they can. They could use their late euro pick on a goalie which seems to be their trend of late.

Pharand won't make it to the 2nd round.

There are some great players from the North this year.

Pharand (Nickel City)
Cooper Foster (Soo)
Chase Thompson (NB)
Sam McCue (Nickel City)
Justin Charette (Timmins)
Mathieu Comeau (Kapuskasing)
Billy Biederman (Nickel City)
Lincoln Moore (Soo)

All should be drafted, some pretty high. I'm sure I've missed a couple as well.

Reactions: Iloveallsports

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

Can't remember a time when the pre draft pick for picks trade was high than a 5th or 6th rounder. A 2nd would cost a ton

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
When we are looking at a double draft taking into consideration last years draft, teams should have a ton of picks to trade up, would you not think?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
When we are looking at a double draft taking into consideration last years draft, teams should have a ton of picks to trade up, would you not think?

The condition on GUE 2021 2nd was if Owen Lalonde plays an OA season, which he didn't because of covid, so SBY only has 1 2nd over the next 4 drafts and just 1 3rd over the next 3 drafts (no 2nds or 3rds in this draft coming up) so it would be very, very difficult to trade up to a high 2nd this year with that little draft capital

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

division rivals Barrie, Niagara, NB have a ton of picks but don’t need to trade up because they have a ton of picks. For one those teams to trade their 2nd-2nd pick in division, I think it would cost the wolves ‘22-3rd & ‘23-2nd minimum, leaving them no choice but trade Thompson to recoup picks.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The condition on GUE 2021 2nd was if Owen Lalonde plays an OA season, which he didn't because of covid, so SBY only has 1 2nd over the next 4 drafts and just 1 3rd over the next 3 drafts (no 2nds or 3rds in this draft coming up) so it would be very, very difficult to trade up to a high 2nd this year with that little draft capital

Yep. I’m quite concerned that the wolves will make it three straight drafts selecting the #20-30 defence man as their first addition to the D.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln