Sudbury Wolves 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
thanks for input, It would be neat if we draft Mason Chitaroni, with his father Terry playing for Wolves. A lot of these northern kids this year are offspring of former OHL players.
I'd love to walk away with Chitaroni, I think it'd be great to come away with one of the three Soo boys, unfortunately I just don't know where we'd take Chitaroni without a 3rd as he'll likely be gone by our 4th but too early in the 1st/2nd

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
The best two local players played down south this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if no one from Sudbury’s minor midget team is taken this draft. IMO, Beaulne has the best chance to be picked

Good year for Soo and North Bay though
Would we grab Farrow maybe?

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I'd love to walk away with Chitaroni, I think it'd be great to come away with one of the three Soo boys, unfortunately I just don't know where we'd take Chitaroni without a 3rd as he'll likely be gone by our 4th but too early in the 1st/2nd

Not sure if I missed it but I don't see Chitaroni in top 150 OHL Ranking, if that's the case it can be possibility. There is a lot US kids on that OHL Ranking list, so I think many might not get drafted that high without some kind of commitment.

Reactions: hockeynorth

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
Not sure if I missed it but I don't see Chitaroni in top 150 OHL Ranking, if that's the case it can be possibility. There is a lot US kids on that OHL Ranking list, so I think many might not get drafted that high without some kind of commitment.

Right, and there's that risk involved so unless you're London, Windsor or Niagara Falls.....I hope we don't use our couple of early picks on US players that don't seem to want to play up here.

WE ARE WOLVES

Sep 10, 2018
Is there a remote possibility that Fantilli falls all the way to 11 given his commitment to USHL? And in the event that he does fall that far...Do we take that chance?

This could be Pap's last kick at the can...if he is ridiculously fortunate to have Fantilli fall to him. He could sell the farm and mortgage the future to Win a memorial Cup. Of course all on the hopeful premice that he can convince the kid to report to Sudbury.

Pipe Dream?...Ya probably

Last edited:

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Is there a remote possibility that Fantilli falls all the way to 11 given his commitment to USHL? And in the event that he does fall that far...Do we take that chance?

This could be Pap's last kick at the can...if he is ridiculously fortunate to have Fantilli fall to him. He could sell the farm and mortgage the future to Win a memorial Cup. Of course all on the hopeful premice that he can convince the kid to report to Sudbury.

Pipe Dream?...Ya probably

Paps ain't going anywhere.

WE ARE WOLVES

Sep 10, 2018
Paps ain't going anywhere.
I hope not either...I have no issues with most moves he's made. I just know that winning is the only path to job security in his position and while they've steadily improved with him at the helm...They still really haven't won anything. I'm don't put a ton of merit in being Central Div Champs...but that's just me.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
I hope not either...I have no issues with most moves he's made. I just know that winning is the only path to job security in his position and while they've steadily improved with him at the helm...They still really haven't won anything. I'm don't put a ton of merit in being Central Div Champs...but that's just me.
Seems to be a glitch in the system (messages)

Reactions: WE ARE WOLVES

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Paps can’t afford another no show, if he stays on track and does not swing for the fences on some kid rated much lower than 11th, and he has done this in the past. Draft a player from a reputable league and put a lot of emphasis on your second rounder as he is the only player you can move at the trade deadline from this draft if need be. Don’t be fooled by stats in a weaker league where competition is much less than say the MTHL. Remember Minor Midgets down south play 3 fifteen minute periods.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Paps can’t afford another no show, if he stays on track and does not swing for the fences on some kid rated much lower than 11th, and he has done this in the past. Draft a player from a reputable league and put a lot of emphasis on your second rounder as he is the only player you can move at the trade deadline from this draft if need be. Don’t be fooled by stats in a weaker league where competition is much less than say the MTHL. Remember Minor Midgets down south play 3 fifteen minute periods.

Agree, at same time trust scouting staff but feel free to trump a pick if he has too (ex. Gilhula vs Giroux or Moskal).

I watch a lot of NHL drafts, I'm surprised how much a Manager gives total faith in scouting staff even if doesn't appear to be good decision.

Also, never understood why the Coach doesn't have more input in what players he wants drafted.

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016

I thought you could only trade your first rounder?

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Correction I meant to say first rounder and second needs as much attention as your first if in fact moving your first is an option.

Reactions: justawolfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad