Sudbury Wolves 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
The Legend of UKKO

Best goalie in Wolves history by far.

It was a joy to watch him perform this season. Already miss it and wish we were still playing. Watching him win gold for Finland was amazing as well.

Now all Sudbury fans, lets come back down to earth and hope for at least an average goaltender next season. Perhaps Weeks can be that guy if given the chance. We can't compare any of our goalies next season to Ukko, just isn't fair to them considering we pretty much had a pro goalie in net playing against juniors, a man among boys out there.

I hope Wolves fans took in the experience and enjoyed his brilliance this season, I sure did.

I can already see some people on this board thinking we will replace him with a trade or the Import draft. He will not be replaced. Pretty much Ukko was a generational type goalie to play one season in the OHL. Extremely rare for the OHL considering it was his first year in the league, and also his first year in North America for him to be named OHL's Most Outstanding player and OHL goalie of the year. Just crazy.

Good luck in Buffalo Ukko! Sabres hit the jackpot with this goalie.

Last edited:

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Wondering if they will play Byfield in the scrimmage. Nothing to gain there. Don't want him coming close to an injury of any sort.

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Just watched the Stillman interview he sure sounds like you have quite the coach there. Enjoy him while you can as surely once he has a few years under his belt the Pro’s will come calling.

Probably once his son moves on from the league.

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Biondi
Robinson
Degrazia
Labelle
Hollingsworth
Kusurko
Daoust
McCallum
Butler
Gillespe
Tiverton
Simpson

Names that stood out to a couple of peeps of mine who attended tonight.

Reactions: cub
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad