Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
So... what’s the team going to look like when they play their next home game?

The million dollar question

Like most hoping for impact players in the lineup, BUT mentally prepared if this does not happen

Can't speak for all though, might be alot of GM bashing . Stay tuned...

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007
The million dollar question

Like most hoping for impact players in the lineup, BUT mentally prepared if this does not happen

Can't speak for all though, might be alot of GM bashing . Stay tuned...

meh, no GM bashing from me if nothing gets done... however I can see myself being very indifferent about this team moving forward if that’s how it goes.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
A GM like anyone else is judged on the relative merits of his performance. Plain and simple, need not involve any bashing. Do we really have enough to give for what we would need to get? I'm not completely up on what it would take.

Reactions: hockieguy

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Well I guess I'm not really going out on a limb but you have to think things start moving tomorrow. Suspense.

Reactions: WolvesFan

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Just curious if the "all in thinkers" as I was..are still thinking the "all in"? Byfield playing a reduced role as the tournament progressed while being coached by the best junior guys in the business...makes me pause. I get he was young but I think you could make the argument that he will be back next season.. Any opinions on this? Take the fan element out of your responses..

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
Just curious if the "all in thinkers" as I was..are still thinking the "all in"? Byfield playing a reduced role as the tournament progressed while being coached by the best junior guys in the business...makes me pause. I get he was young but I think you could make the argument that he will be back next season.. Any opinions on this? Take the fan element out of your responses..

The argument could always be made that he would be back. If he is back next year it’s not because of his performance in the U20 tournament. I still believe as of right now he is more likely to be in the NHL next year then here based on his current draft ranking and history of players drafted in that position. I don’t think Papineau can count on him being back and I would go out on a limb and say Papineau will treat this deadline like Byfield is gone next year.

Are you suggesting that we should hold off going all in to try to go all in next year? The defence should be better next year but we graduate a lot of players and I think our roster looks weaker next year then this season. Also the division will be much more difficult. Even if Byfield is back do we have a better shot next year? That’s a tough question!

if Byfield returns next year and we go for it this season, if we fall out of contention we could always trade him next year. We would recoup everything we give up for a run this year.

if we buy this year and Byfield returns there’s obviously no downside to that. They should try to win this year and go from there!

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Depending when he is taken, assuming second he will most likely start the season in the NHL. Will be interesting to see if any players are returned to the OHL after this tournament. Quinton will still be only 17 when he gets drafted and will turn 18 just before the season starts. A team will not want to use up a year of free agency playing him sparingly if that is the case. The smart thing to do is start him off in the NHL with the 8 game window and decide from there.

Reactions: WE ARE WOLVES

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
You certainly can't build a plan around Byfield being back at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if he is returned after NHL camp and a few game taste. There is certainly benefits to sending him back to be the big fish if he isn't quite ready to be at least a medium fish in the NHL.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Byfield’s Instagram picture had an interesting comment from one Ttucks19 (Tyler Tucker) saying “Sudssss”, to which Byfield responded “Let’s go”..

Probably means nothing but hey, worth the speculation

Tucker is what this team needs BADLY. And a goalie of course. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Reactions: justawolfan

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
That would be a huge grab for Sudbury. I was really hoping the Knights would go after him but it's looking more like Phillips is Londons target on D.
If Sudbury pull off aquiring Tucker and can get Kooy cheap out of Sarnia things are looking up quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad