Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Well 3 shots 3 goals! Defence out to lunch as well.

Weeks pulled Purboo no better. Right where he left off Friday night!

WJ

Reactions: cub

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
This is embarrassing. Price does not matter, get a goalie who can stop a puck. We're going to throw away the final season of one of the best players to ever lace them up for the Wolves in Byfield.

Remind me again how this is everyone's fault except the goalies.

jrwhopper

May 28, 2015
Same story every game. First shot, goal.

Can we please have a goalie that can stop a shot please.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
This is embarrassing. Price does not matter, get a goalie who can stop a puck. We're going to throw away the final season of one of the best players to ever lace them up for the Wolves in Byfield.

Remind me again how this is everyone's fault except the goalies.

Everyone’s fault, not just only goalies.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Honestly question, when was the last time our offence looked as powerful as it is this year? Sure feels like its been a while. If they can get the PP working as efficiently we'll be the 80s oilers winning 8-6 games.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Honestly question, when was the last time our offence looked as powerful as it is this year? Sure feels like its been a while. If they can get the PP working as efficiently we'll be the 80s oilers winning 8-6 games.
Doesn't win championships though. They didn't until they learned to play defence. oh and they had a goalie too.

Last edited:

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I still think Weeks is the guy at this point, I would have liked him to go back in after getting pulled, shortly after. These goalies are very fragile, need to be stroke a bit.

Reactions: Iloveallsports

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Good grief the players have lost all confidence. They are just deflated!!! When the ping pong goalies are letting in every shot it seems what’s the sense. I said it at the start of the season the Wolves needed to strengthen the defence. It’s been way to easy for teams to get quality scoring chances. Caron and Stratis are playing weak defence. Ross has been slow and gets beat to pucks all the time. Phillips is playing forward most of the time and Serentis is on his own. Thompson and Loponen have been good.

The forwards Hutchison, Robinson have done nothing. Gilhula has produced but still not a top 6. Carson has limited hockey sense. Murray is hot and cold. Some changes need to be made cause this team is far off being a contender.

Good luck to our GM. I think this will get worse before better.

WJ

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I still think Weeks is the guy at this point, I would have liked him to go back in after getting pulled, shortly after. These goalies are very fragile, need to be stroke a bit.
He did, check the game stats. He didn't last two minutes!!

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Good grief the players have lost all confidence. They are just deflated!!! When the ping pong goalies are letting in every shot it seems what’s the sense. I said it at the start of the season the Wolves needed to strengthen the defence. It’s been way to easy for teams to get quality scoring chances. Caron and Stratis are playing weak defence. Ross has been slow and gets beat to pucks all the time. Phillips is playing forward most of the time and Serentis is on his own. Thompson and Loponen have been good.

The forwards Hutchison, Robinson have done nothing. Gilhula has produced but still not a top 6. Carson has limited hockey sense. Murray is hot and cold. Some changes need to be made cause this team is far off being a contender.

Good luck to our GM. I think this will get worse before better.

WJ
Only thing I disagree with is that I feel Murray's been having an excellent season

Reactions: WE ARE WOLVES

cub

Apr 11, 2012
He did, check the game stats. He didn't last two minutes!!

yes got pulled in this game, I would have like him to go back after settling him down. Oshawa sort did that with McLean, got pulled and put him back in, and won game. Need to learn from these situations, gain experience.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Only thing I disagree with is that I feel Murray's been having an excellent season
Did anyone lay a hit today or stand anyone up at the blue line?

Murray needs space and time for him to show well. Most times he doesn’t have that and disappears. He creates very little. I’m sorry he doesn’t skate hard enough for me. Good shot...yes but far from an excellent season IMO.

WJ

Reactions: Iloveallsports

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
After looking at the highlights there was some shockingly bad defensive play and some terrible zone coverage. The first two goals on Weeks weren’t terrible bad but the ones on Purboo were ridiculous. No reason to go down on three of them yet he does anyways and gets beaten high. Scary

Old hound

Feb 27, 2018
North bay traded both their goalies, one to the Soo the other to Sudbury and both have been playing subpar. Maybe swapping them will help everyone?

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Did anyone lay a hit today or stand anyone up at the blue line?

Murray needs space and time for him to show well. Most times he doesn’t have that and disappears. He creates very little. I’m sorry he doesn’t skate hard enough for me. Good shot...yes but far from an excellent season IMO.

WJ
Don't know I've seen him appear way more engaged. Like I said I agree with everything else you've said though just thought it seemed like a weird bone to pick when he's actually producing and playing effective hockey.

Here's how I list our problems:
Goaltending
Phil Caron
Owen Gilhula
Peter Stratis
Running 7 D and 11 Forwards

^that's it for me other then that I'm enjoying our season and believe it'll be a good one

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Don't know I've seen him appear way more engaged. Like I said I agree with everything else you've said though just thought it seemed like a weird bone to pick when he's actually producing and playing effective hockey.

Here's how I list our problems:
Goaltending
Phil Caron
Owen Gilhula
Peter Stratis
Running 7 D and 11 Forwards

^that's it for me other then that I'm enjoying our season and believe it'll be a good one

I agree about Caron, I don't get why he is on roster, hopefully playing him maybe to shop him around. Stratis, I've sorted of stood up for him, but he looks like he doesn't care much, or just bad body language.

Hutchinson and Robinson, off to a very slow start, they have been getting opportunities on playing on top 2 lines, PP etc., but nothing to show for it on most nights.

Carson works hard, I think even in his OA year he is what he is, he might have to go shut down centre roll, and PK. I don't see big offensive numbers from him, even though he scored 30 one year.

I still think this team has a lot of potential, still early, and I'm sure moves will be made for the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad