Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
WJ you got about 3 or 4 post knocking the Wolves on they're board, I think not.
As I have said I thought I was posting in our own thread. And they were minutes apart. Sorry wasn’t my intention of posting there. Look back on posting history. It’s not my MO.

WJ

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Fire the coach, fire the GM and close the building, other teams got better.:huh:
Beginning to think the father in law was more valuable behind the bench than thought. But whoever is running the defence. Something isn’t working there. Got to admit fingers have to start pointing somewhere. 29 goals against in 4 games with one period vs Hamilton allowing 8 in your own barn.

WJ

jwu

Aug 31, 2019
Welcome to the board with your first two post about coaching, seems suspicious to me.
Thanks, I’m just a passionate fan and not happy about the coaching! Frankly it’s embarrassing. Who dresses 8 defenceman and plays 2 of them as forwards? That just smells of desperation!!

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Everything smells around this team lately. Let’s be honest.

WJ

agree rough road trip, I really believe it stems from goaltending, at the same time team Defence got to be better. They played one good period all weekend against Ottawa. However, this team seems to bounce back when least expected. I believe we have 4 home games so hopefully string some wins.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Beginning to think the father in law was more valuable behind the bench than thought. But whoever is running the defence. Something isn’t working there. Got to admit fingers have to start pointing somewhere. 29 goals against in 4 games with one period vs Hamilton allowing 8 in your own barn.

WJ

totally agree father-in-law is missed

Reactions: justawolfan

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Any deal that Papineau makes now may seem out of desperation and it could cost us more. Not sure if this team can compete with big dogs anymore. Just think there is too much pieces missing. We can’t rely on one 17 year old player to do it all. He has been smothered for the last 10 games and it’s getting easy to beat the Wolves as a result. Was really surprised Stillman never switched up the lines. Bulitka, Byfield and Levin has gone dry. Not sure why Hutchison, Byfield haven’t played together this year. Last year they were paired up with Bulitka and the line was on fire heading into the playoffs. After all the line juggling early in the season Stillman has left the top three lines pretty much in tact. Anyway a four game home stand will be nice but they need to compete no matter where they play to start winning again and that compete level hasn't been there for two weeks.

WJ

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeynorth

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Now we're blaming losing on not having the father in-law behind the bench. Really?

His name wasn't being called when we were on a roll.

The old saying " never get to high or to low over loses".

Most teams go through this, throughout the season. Look around the league.

Right now the team looks like crap, let's see how the fare in upcoming games.

Moves will be made. Maybe not as fast as we'd like but will happen.

Reactions: hockeynorth

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
The criticism over Byfield is hilarious. He's the only player who actually shows up every night. Looking at the top scorers in the OHL, he literally could not do much more.

The teams' failure falls on Papineau and Papineau alone. No goaltending, couldn't solve it in the import draft, couldn't solve it with trades.

Just Paps eh? Need to hold the coaches and the players accountable as well. We just lost 7-0. That’s not on the GM alone!!

Last edited:

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
Just Paps eh? Need to hold the coaches and the players accountable as well. We just lost 7-0. That’s not on the GM alone!!
As an outsider agree it's a team thing. Not one person.
In your last six games you have allowed 5,6,7, 11, 6 and 1 goals against( maybe in the wrong order but I think its correct). How do you hold Oshawa to one goal and allow 11 against Hamilton. Then you score no goals and give up 7 to Oshawa. That is on a whole team whether it's the Hounds or Wolves or whoever. Hey we gave up 10 at home to Windsor , it happens, but when it does it's more than a goalie, or coach or GM. If it keeps happening then there is a problem at the top somewhere, coach or GM.

Reactions: dirty12

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Care to elaborate? Or is this just your gut feeling. This kind of comment seems something is about to happen. You are putting yourself out there. Are we brave.

WJ

WJ - my gut tells me they will make a move. If and when I have something I'll tell you.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I wish we could be talking about winning the game. So embarrassing that we are more concerned about winning the fight. It was a bad trade off. Carson has been our best player for the last two weeks IMO.

WJ

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
Yeah, I guess we shouldnt be suprise by the mediocrity. Wolves have never won anything in their 47 years in the OHL, why should we expect them to change now haha
1995 Wolves hosted game 7 v whalers for a bid to M cup bud so go easy bud. They have a loyal fan base so post accurate if you are throwing shade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad