Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
On a good note this will push the issue I hope, especially with the goaltending.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
The criticism over Byfield is hilarious. He's the only player who actually shows up every night. Looking at the top scorers in the OHL, he literally could not do much more.

The teams' failure falls on Papineau and Papineau alone. No goaltending, couldn't solve it in the import draft, couldn't solve it with trades.
Where is the criticism over Byfield? To suggest his game needs work before moving on to the next level is constructive criticism. The Q at some point WILL be a top ten player at the next level however that will not happen over night. You are so right in stating he comes to play every night and the scouts see that. In my view if a team wants a player who can step in and play in the NHL next season Byfield may not be the answer. However if a team is looking for a player for the future, I take him first overall. Byfield is worth the price of admission game in and game out.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Where is the criticism over Byfield? To suggest his game needs work before moving on to the next level is constructive criticism. The Q at some point WILL be a top ten player at the next level however that will not happen over night. You are so right in stating he comes to play every night and the scouts see that. In my view if a team wants a player who can step in and play in the NHL next season Byfield may not be the answer. However if a team is looking for a player for the future, I take him first overall. Byfield is worth the price of admission game in and game out.

If you think Byfield is not ready for the NHL, and that he'll be back next year, you're going to be sorely disapointed.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Oshawa fan coming in peace. Not that much of an embarrassment. We won the 1st, you won the 2nd and we won the 3rd period. As to the fight, I call it a draw...good fight tho!

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
No point in arguing with the wolves playing as bad as they are. It's like a garbage can arguing with a garbage disposal. Both teams are pretty bad.
Ya had to get that in though. So surprise surprise the goaltending problem isn't going away and we are now slumping.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Bottom line Sudbury is looking worse than ever as they head into the last month before the deadline. Any player that they had in mind coming over may have second thoughts. This is why our GM needed to make some minor deals earlier in the season to strengthen the depth of this team. Way too much of a gap between vets and first year players. Looking back McConville would of been a better depth guy to have around than signing the dman that went back to Timmins and guys like Smith, DeGrazia and Biondi. Not sure the point in signing these guys when you already knew that spots would be had by Stillman, Larmond and McCallum. Really confusing trying to figure out the direction and plan of this management.

WJ

Reactions: hockeynorth

jwu

Aug 31, 2019
Fire Stillman immediately!![
The problem isn't the players. It's the coaching!!! And the GM (Papineau) for that matter. He hired a coach with no experience!! You basically have 2 scouts running the team. Who dresses 8 Defence and then plays 2 of them on forward. That just smells of desperation!! Makes no sense! I think there needs to be an immediate change after a weekend like this ending with a blowout loss like this. That was just embarassing! The way the team is trending is not good.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Yeah, I guess we shouldnt be suprise by the mediocrity. Wolves have never won anything in their 47 years in the OHL, why should we expect them to change now haha
Took the words right out of my mouth. This franchise has essentially been in turmoil since it's inception with very few interruptions.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
The problem isn't the players. It's the coaching!!! And the GM for that matter. He hired a coach with no experience!! Who dresses 8 Defence and then plays 2 of them on forward when you have talented forwards as a healthy scratch. Makes no sense! I think there needs to be an immediate change after a weekend like this ending with a blowout loss like this. The way the team is trending is not good.
While some may agree or disagree with this take. The fact is, with his son on the team, he's not going anywhere.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
The problem isn't the players. It's the coaching!!! And the GM for that matter. He hired a coach with no experience!! Who dresses 8 Defence and then plays 2 of them on forward when you have talented forwards with more speed as a healthy scratch?? Makes no sense! I think there needs to be an immediate change after a weekend like this ending with a blowout loss like this. The way the team is trending is not good.

Welcome to the board with your first two post about coaching, seems suspicious to me.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
McLean back hand goal on Weeks. He didn’t come out to challenge on top of the circle. As a result McLean has space and Weeks lets it go under his arm. McLean has no other option other than the backhand as was being chased down by the Wolves player. In comparison the Oshawa goalie has Murray coming down on him in the second period and is standing on top of the circle and easily takes space away from Murray and makes an easy save on his shot forehand to boot. Big difference in goaltending. I don’t know what kind of coaching is going on but improvement is not happening. Confidence at an all time low how long before our GM does something. Sitting back and assessing is fine but at some point you need to recognize the deficiencies and address part of it to stop the bleeding. Sadly that clock has been ticking and it’s getting very close to a time where those players are not available anymore. Personnel change is part of the game when you want to have a winning team no matter what sport it is.
WJ

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Right....
You are a piece of work. I rarely post in other threads about our team. I was reading the Oshawa post where I thought I was in ours since other Wolves fans were posting in it. I noticed it later and deleted one of my last posts and copied and pasted in our own thread. You’re unreal. So defensive. Just two points blah blah blah. Stop defending your billet kids. They are not playing up to potential and some of them need to be traded. Get over it and yourself.

WJ

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
You are a piece of work. I rarely post in other threads about our team. I was reading the Oshawa post where I thought I was in ours since other Wolves fans were posting in it. I noticed it later and deleted one of my last posts and copied and pasted in our own thread. You’re unreal. So defensive. Just two points blah blah blah. Stop defending your billet kids. They are not playing up to potential and some of them need to be traded. Get over it and yourself.

WJ

LMAO!!

Another rant when the wolves lose. You have to many high and lows. As the old song goes " don't worry, be happy".

cub

Apr 11, 2012

WJ

WJ you got about 3 or 4 post knocking the Wolves on they're board, I think not.

Reactions: Iloveallsports
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->