Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs0101

Mar 17, 2017
Carson slaughter on Walker? lol. Not a good start. The good thing about it, they will be forced to make a move especially upgrading goaltending...
Not about Carson! Fight was fine but he’ll bring nothing else to the game
Goaltending is horrendous!
Calling the game “Slaughter on Sportsnet “

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Not about Carson! Fight was fine but he’ll bring nothing else to the game
Goaltending is horrendous!
Calling the game “Slaughter on Sportsnet “

Not over yet. I agree goaltending to inconsistent and Defence have to be better.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Carson slaughter on Walker? lol. Not a good start. The good thing about it, they will be forced to make a move especially upgrading goaltending...

Confidence not overly high on this team.
I'm glad I'm on the couch. I do not envy coaching in this league team or GM. Tough job.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Wolves looking brutal. Rough stretch last few games. We will see what Paps is made of

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Wolves looking brutal. Rough stretch last few games. We will see what Paps is made of
Too late Papineau missed the bus along time ago. If he thinks the deadline will fix all this teams problems he is out of touch with reality. The team confidence is at an all time low. The defensive coach should be fired! Since the game in Windsor this team had not looked sharp. Too many guys not prepared each game. Not enough hickey smarts going through the neutral zone causing easy turnovers and odd man rushes. We are so easy to defend. Boy you know when you miss sending out the Pilons to change tempo. The Sudbury Wolves are trending downward and every other OHL team is trending upward. Our management can’t recognize that it appears.

WJ

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Any add and deletion from this roster would be a good thing. The team needs some new blood and energy. In the last weeks they have not looked sharp at all.

Loss to the Soo
Win vs Oshawa
Loss to Hamilton in OT
Loss in Ottawa
Loss in Kingston

They have allowed a ridiculous amount of goals in and the offence is not consistent and the overall effort is also inconsistent. No sustained forcheck, a lot of players watching the play develop and not skating hard, Turnovers are horrendous. Just no solid flow to their game.

WJ
Loss in Oshawa

WJ

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
It's time to end this Adam S. experiment. It won't work, it hasn't worked since his arrival. I actually feel bad for me somewhat as they have increased his playing time which magnifies his errors even more. His skating isn't where it should be in this league and, he has bigtime mobility issues.

jrwhopper

May 28, 2015
Too late Papineau missed the bus along time ago. If he thinks the deadline will fix all this teams problems he is out of touch with reality. The team confidence is at an all time low. The defensive coach should be fired! Since the game in Windsor this team had not looked sharp. Too many guys not prepared each game. Not enough hickey smarts going through the neutral zone causing easy turnovers and odd man rushes. We are so easy to defend. Boy you know when you miss sending out the Pilons to change tempo. The Sudbury Wolves are trending downward and every other OHL team is trending upward. Our management can’t recognize that it appears.

WJ

If things dont change soon, I wouldnt be surprised if Byfield wants out. Wouldnt blame him either.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
If things dont change soon, I wouldnt be surprised if Byfield wants out. Wouldnt blame him either.
Maybe Byfield has to be more of a game changer. I understand it is hard to play against every teams top line but to suggest he may want out would only cast doubt on his character. He is a class act but still needs work before he is NHL ready I believe. Against top teams they know how to take room away from him.

Reactions: Wisdom

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Maybe Byfield has to be more of a game changer. I understand it is hard to play against every teams top line but to suggest he may want out would only cast doubt on his character. He is a class act but still needs work before he is NHL ready I believe. Against top teams they know how to take room away from him.
He has not looked ready for the NHL by any stretch. He isn't quite dominating the same way. Paps needs to make some moves. Start in net!

Reactions: hockeynorth

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Let's hope Paps doesn't wait until we've fallen out of contention for the conference before making moves.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I don't think Byfield wants out. Let's not get carried away.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
The criticism over Byfield is hilarious. He's the only player who actually shows up every night. Looking at the top scorers in the OHL, he literally could not do much more.

The teams' failure falls on Papineau and Papineau alone. No goaltending, couldn't solve it in the import draft, couldn't solve it with trades.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Need a goalie for next game, not trade deadline, next game. Ship them both out for anything (and Weeks just let two bad ones in proving my point).Let’s also get a defenseman who knows how to play a one on one. Watching Stratis be soft and try to play the puck instead of the man is getting old.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Need a goalie for next game, not trade deadline, next game. Ship them both out for anything.Let’s also get a defenseman who knows how to play a one on one. Watching Stratis be soft and try to play the puck instead of the man is getting old.

move Stratis & (Phillips ASAP), & Samuelson if there is a team intrigued by him while there can be some value to be had. The (team) is just awful defensively.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Curious as to if you guy feel. Will Byfield be back next year?
Could you see him being traded if the wolves continue to lose ground in the east?

Reactions: Whatanathol

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
move Stratis & (Phillips ASAP), & Samuelson if there is a team intrigued by him while there can be some value to be had. The (team) is just awful defensively.

Adam, really? Zero value. Phillips your best dman on the team, not a chance.

jrwhopper

May 28, 2015
Im not saying he wants out. Im saying we continue to play like garbage and the Wolves continue to lose, why wouldn't he want to play for a legitimate contender? It's not going to help his draft status if we continue to get dominated like we did today.

The team as a whole has to step up! If we have to rely on Byfield to always get things going, we're in SERIOUS trouble come December when hes gone to the WJHC. So Paps better work some magic and fast because watching this team lately has been nothing short of embarrasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad