Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
That'a boy Q. Still think he'll be here as a 19 year old, being an NHL 1st Round pick and playing for Canada at the World Juniors as a 19 year old, maybe even World Juniors at 18 years old like Marc Staal did. He will be a dominant force, our Captain, and a man amongst boys.

Wolves 8 and 2 at home, pretty impressive home record so far.

If we play like we did against Ottawa last time at home, we will beat Mississauga tomorrow.

Last edited:

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
Unreal.

I hope the Jack A**who did this got pulled over, ticketed and car towed

Its fans like this who deserve to get life time bans.

I have no words for this aside from, the dick who threw that can, needs to not be allowed back in the building! Absolute Stupidity on the part of the patron!!! Completely unacceptable behaviour at any level of sport, especially when it’s kids that are playing!!! Sickening!

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
I agree also, hope this person has been found. Total disrespect and ignorance in many ways.

But I am sure that I can speak on behalf of many Saginaw fans. We don't and will not hold accountable an entire organization and their fan base for the actions of one idiot, I'm sure most places unfortunately have one.

It was a great game to watch between two evenly matched teams.

Good Luck in your upcoming games.

SaginawFan

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Of the many arenas I have had the opportunity of watching OHL hockey Sudbury bar none is the worst when it comes to proper etiquette with respect to fans leaving their seats during play, showing up late, lack of ushers, abuse of alcohol especially the teenagers. The Sudbury Saturday night mentality has gone on too long. Dedicated fans deserve more, I for one have brought it to the attention of the owner of maybe using the score clock to educate these fans on proper etiquette both in French and English. We constantly hear of this situation among fans especially season ticket holders and it has been discussed many times on these boards. Tossing a beer can in this barn does not surprise me, I have seen it before.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Can anyone shed any light on Niz? seems to be very little comment or update on his situation from management which seems odd.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Agree on both counts. Byfield is just fighting it at the moment and I would say there are others that are even softer than Tabak. What ever happened to tough defensive play and clearing the crease?

I think the problem is tough defensive creasing clearing play is penalized nowadays.

I really hope we can get Thompson back into the lineup over Philips as well. He was a bit of a trainwreck tonight.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Maybe they figure they have a real shot at pro? The O is more closely modelled on the NHL in terms of schedule etc.

Yeah but that's always been the case. I'm more interested im knowing if something is changing in college hockey? I don't know, maybe the 18 year olds are getting less ice time, the scholarships cover less costs than they used to, etc.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Lizotte is going to be the death of me... he has got to be the worst on-ice official since Park retired... He looks totally clueless out there...

Nice goal by Murray.

And I may get chewed out for this, but it seems like Byfield just isn’t here right now, I was watching him when Saganaw scored they’re first goal, and he just seemed really lackadaisical... maybe it’s just me.

Wasn't at last night's game, but yeah Lizotte is bad.

Was Lekun in the linesman crew? He is easily the worst linesman in the league and I have no idea why he continues to man the lines at like half of our games.

Reactions: WolvesFan

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Yeah but that's always been the case. I'm more interested im knowing if something is changing in college hockey? I don't know, maybe the 18 year olds are getting less ice time, the scholarships cover less costs than they used to, etc.

‘tis the season for de-committing. It happens every year 2-3 months into the college season.
It can be poor marks, convinced OHL is quicker and/or better route to pros, lack of ice time ...(there are 22-23 year old nhl drafted players),

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Well Sudbury has started off their 6 game home stand on the right foot. They don't hit the road again until December 13th when they travel to Barrie for a Thursday night tilt. They have only 4 road games from now until the New Year! Barrie, Mississauga, North Bay and SSM. It would be really nice to get 6 wins in that span. It won't be easy as they won't have Ukko for the majority and as well their road trip in January to Flint, Windsor and Saginaw. I count 12 games where the Wolves won't have Ukko if he plays up until December 8th. Not returning until after the WJC January 10th final weekend. Be nice to have him back that weekend but I would suspect he gets rest that weekend.

I am seeing the Wolves losing a bit of spark and I think now is the time that our GM needs to bolster his backend with another vet. Maybe Martin from Erie or Gordeev from Flint. Someone that can ease some of the ice time on Candella and Stratis and take a bit of the pressure of the younger players like Ross and Phillips. As well adding a complimentary piece up front. Maybe a Durham out of Flint or Yantis from Kitchener. If they can make these smaller type deals I think Sudbury will be a harder working team that can maybe compete deeper into games with Niagara, Ottawa and Oshawa. We play Niagara and Oshawa a few more times along with the Barrie and SSM and it would be nice to be deeper before then.

WJ

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Well Sudbury has started off their 6 game home stand on the right foot. They don't hit the road again until December 13th when they travel to Barrie for a Thursday night tilt. They have only 4 road games from now until the New Year! Barrie, Mississauga, North Bay and SSM. It would be really nice to get 6 wins in that span. It won't be easy as they won't have Ukko for the majority and as well their road trip in January to Flint, Windsor and Saginaw. I count 12 games where the Wolves won't have Ukko if he plays up until December 8th. Not returning until after the WJC January 10th final weekend. Be nice to have him back that weekend but I would suspect he gets rest that weekend.

I am seeing the Wolves losing a bit of spark and I think now is the time that our GM needs to bolster his backend with another vet. Maybe Martin from Erie or Gordeev from Flint. Someone that can ease some of the ice time on Candella and Stratis and take a bit of the pressure of the younger players like Ross and Phillips. As well adding a complimentary piece up front. Maybe a Durham out of Flint or Yantis from Kitchener. If they can make these smaller type deals I think Sudbury will be a harder working team that can maybe compete deeper into games with Niagara, Ottawa and Oshawa. We play Niagara and Oshawa a few more times along with the Barrie and SSM and it would be nice to be deeper before then.

WJ

right shot Yantsis or Durham would be a great fit. What do you think the cost would be for these two and Gordeev? They all have OA seasons ahead of them ... 3(2nds/3rds)? Flint is surely feeling the sting of losing the Byfield stakes and will be in tough to hold off KGN for the possible right to draft special exemption S.Wright; but, they are already without Dellandrea & Roberts and currently have only 10 F available?

Last edited:

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
Wasn't at last night's game, but yeah Lizotte is bad.

Was Lekun in the linesman crew? He is easily the worst linesman in the league and I have no idea why he continues to man the lines at like half of our games.

My wife went to high school with him, he is from Sudbury, I would imagine that’s why. Same thing with Lizotte, he is also from the area...

cub

Apr 11, 2012
solid win by the boys, again some questionable calls by the officials. Tippett is scary good out there, every time he has the puck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: three dog night

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
solid win by the boys, agains some questionable calls by the officials. Tippett is scary good out there, every time he has the puck.

Nothing truer has ever been spoken in the wolves thread. Guy is barely breaking a sweat out there and he's able to score at will nearly. Solid performance by the wolves overall, got a bit messy at the end, but points are points.

Reactions: cub

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
That'a boy Q. Still think he'll be here as a 19 year old, being an NHL 1st Round pick and playing for Canada at the World Juniors as a 19 year old, maybe even World Juniors at 18 years old like Marc Staal did. He will be a dominant force, our Captain, and a man amongst boys.

Wolves 8 and 2 at home, pretty impressive home record so far.

If we play like we did against Ottawa last time at home, we will beat Mississauga tomorrow.

Q going through the rookie blues. He will figure it out,then watch out!

Reactions: Lycanthrope and cub

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
How can your Euro Malik be a healthy scratch for the second time? what does this indicate? is his play not up to par if not do we not then get rid of him? What is the story here anyone?

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
How can your Euro Malik be a healthy scratch for the second time? what does this indicate? is his play not up to par if not do we not then get rid of him? What is the story here anyone?

I wonder if he's fully healed. He seems slow and unable to turn very well. He may still be hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad