Sudbury Wolves 2017 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
to be honest the jerseys are ok, I like the white jersey, but that blue jersey looks like a house league jersey for me. lol

I was expecting something better in the New Era, a little disappointed. :)

Was hoping for different colors

Side note: was wondering when Blaine Smith contract is up.

Last edited:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Those are slick. I love the old-school type jerseys. I can't stand the Euro-style/weird pattern stuff. I don't even like it when the manufacturer is someone other than CCM.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I like the vintage style to the new jerseys. Looking good.

One thing though and I'm probably in the minority on this is that I really wish they'd do away with the blood from the logo. It looks so dated and I think it struggles to fit with pretty much any jersey design nowadays.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I like the vintage style to the new jerseys. Looking good.

One thing though and I'm probably in the minority on this is that I really wish they'd do away with the blood from the logo. It looks so dated and I think it struggles to fit with pretty much any jersey design nowadays.

no you need the blood, best logo in hockey. :)

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I think Dale hinted at O'Grady becoming the new captain this year too...that's the impression I got...plus I mean they did invite him to show off the new jerseys after all. Would be a good choice, either him or Carson...anyone but Pezzetta.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I think Dale hinted at O'Grady becoming the new captain this year too...that's the impression I got...plus I mean they did invite him to show off the new jerseys after all. Would be a good choice, either him or Carson...anyone but Pezzetta.

I can't see a captain being picked as of yet. Stillman still has to get a feel who are the leaders in the group, i'm sure one will be picked after training camp or shortly when season starts.

I don't have a problem Pezzetta i think with some discipline coaching will steer him the right way.

I like Carson over O'Grady, has captain. Carson, plays both ends of the ice plays hard every shift, and seems to lead his team when needed. O'Grady looked lights out to start the season, i thought he was most improved Wolve but tailed off at the end of the season. He did have a decent playoff if i remember correctly.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I wouldn't pin your hopes on the kid. He came to the IceDogs camp the last 2 years and couldn't crack our squad. No foot speed. Always seemed to be playing catch up. Maybe, as he suggested in the article that has improved...

thanks icepups for your feedback. I haven't seen him play live yet, i seen some video of him playing in the U.S. he looked decent.

I hope to attend Wolves training camp and get a good look at him, and make a judgement on his game.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Glad they've added a lot more grey. I just think they need the paw print shoulder patches. Always liked those.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Still no Lalonde trade. Players probably won't start to report until the wolves prove to be a good team

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Still no Lalonde trade. Players probably won't start to report until the wolves prove to be a good team

Not every player can play for the Knights. Lets not turn this into kids not wanting to play in Sudbury, its getting old. Wolves are waiting for fair value.

Last edited:

Wiserbud

Mar 29, 2014
Not every player can play for the Knights. Lets not turn this into kids not wanting to play in Sudbury, its getting old. Wolves are waiting for fair value.

Agreed. Don't look for a deal to be had now for Lalonde. Assuming of course this is true. I wouldn't trade in the summer and rock the boat before camp when they are building up things with their PR campaign. Don't need to trade him yet. Besides, his stock dropped a bit with being passed on Ivan Hlinka. Further to earlier points, we also have forwards available to trade, that have good potential. We are not contenders, but if we trade effectively we can build to become one. Build it and they will come... and Dario is doing just that. London wasn't built in a day.

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Agreed. Don't look for a deal to be had now for Lalonde. Assuming of course this is true. I wouldn't trade in the summer and rock the boat before camp when they are building up things with their PR campaign. Don't need to trade him yet. Besides, his stock dropped a bit with being passed on Ivan Hlinka. Further to earlier points, we also have forwards available to trade, that have good potential. We are not contenders, but if we trade effectively we can build to become one. Build it and they will come... and Dario is doing just that. London wasn't built in a day.

Neither was Rome. Good post

OHLInTheKnow

Aug 4, 2017

Players not willing to report or asking for a trade out has nothing to do with having a good team or the city of Sudbury in general, it has everything to do with who is now running the team, the Wolves were heading in the right direction and the perception of Sudbury had changed over the last two years in the eyes of players, families and agents. Unfortunately it sounds like they are now taking a step backwards.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
I would strongly disagree with the above post. This team desperately needed new ownership and they have it. They desperately needed a stronger head coach. Time will tell but most people anticipate a more disciplined team under this coach. What strides backward are you referring to.

OHLInTheKnow

Aug 4, 2017
I would strongly disagree with the above post. This team desperately needed new ownership and they have it. They desperately needed a stronger head coach. Time will tell but most people anticipate a more disciplined team under this coach. What strides backward are you referring to.

I wasn't referring to the new owner or coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad