Sudbury Wolves 2016-17 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greywolf

Jan 1, 2015
London only wants the most they can get and that's 2nd round picks…look at a recent London trade…Sherwood to Flint for 3 2nd round picks (one being a conditional draft selection)…more importantly it is 3 2nd round picks acquired from other trades…one being from Sudbury, go figure…can’t get 1st round picks in a trade so London gets the best draft pick possible…no use even calling and asking what the asking price is…just sign the paper and send your 2nd round pick…GW

Last edited:

Greywolf

Jan 1, 2015
London already had Sudbury's 2nd round pick in 2018...a 3rd round pick was the best London could get from Sudbury in 2018...and guess what...they got it!...GW

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Lindo went to Sarnia for a 4th round

Miller was a waiver claim by SSM from Kitchener. Guess what Miller is one of the leading goal scorers in SSM.:nod:

Branch is getting burned:nod:

WJ

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Sudbury is becoming London North as far as players acquired. They have filled an OA RW need as far as toughness, size and leadership is concerned but he's not a proven scorer. Big price to pay as WJ has noted but he'll be useful in many areas.

Yakimowicz is a far superior player to Renaud, who may not have cracked the Wolves lineup either.

Wolves

Jan 25, 2016
BB did really well here, let's hope Yak is a leader. Typical Wolves fans moaning about picks we didn't even trade away. Do you guys want to win or not make up your minds. Our thread is a circus show because you guys are jaded from losing for so long. Get over it, I don't even know why you guys come on here.

lyle13

Jan 15, 2015
bowmanville,ont
Sudbury is becoming London North as far as players acquired. They have filled an OA RW need as far as toughness, size and leadership is concerned but he's not a proven scorer. Big price to pay as WJ has noted but he'll be useful in many areas.

Yakimowicz is a far superior player to Renaud, who may not have cracked the Wolves lineup either.

:laugh: yak his same calibre of alex renaud and free .:nod::rant:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
:laugh: yak his same calibre of alex renaud and free .:nod::rant:

They are not even remotely comparable players. Yak will help this team's deficiencies. Renaud could provide some offence while being a defensive liability and provide no shelter for the kids.

Wiserbud

Mar 29, 2014
They are not even remotely comparable players. Yak will help this team's deficiencies. Renaud could provide some offence while being a defensive liability and provide no shelter for the kids.

Furthermore, Renaud is another lefty, and Yak is 'right' for this team. I will take the deal, not belly-ache, and wait for the results. Go Wolves Go.

bigtimefan

Sep 23, 2015
I love the deal, he will be great for the team, a lot of London fans are sorry that he is leaving, can't wait to see him in a wolves jersey.

Mayday3*

As an Oshawa fan, they are very comparable players. Yak is more annoying to play against (Brad Marchand type) but very similar considering you could've got Renaud for free and just paid alot for Yak. Both OA's too. Renaud is bigger than Yak too (6'5 vs 6'2). Renaud also isn't one to get suspended for hitting form behind/charging all that stuff but you can guarantee 3+ of those suspensions a year for Yak. Renaud was also very effective as a big body in front of the net on the PP last year too for the Gens

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
As an Oshawa fan, they are very comparable players. Yak is more annoying to play against (Brad Marchand type) but very similar considering you could've got Renaud for free and just paid alot for Yak. Both OA's too. Renaud is bigger than Yak too (6'5 vs 6'2). Renaud also isn't one to get suspended for hitting form behind/charging all that stuff but you can guarantee 3+ of those suspensions a year for Yak. Renaud was also very effective as a big body in front of the net on the PP last year too for the Gens

No question Yak will provide a lot more than what Pataki was giving. But its for this year only. We did give up way too much when the player for player was enough. The third stings.

The other worry is getting a player who will take penalties. We already have a slew like Pezetta, Pilon, Wilkie, Dunda... We need scoring!!! We need defensive help. Mayo/Wilkie have been horrid. As well maybe an overage goalie might help. Bordeur from Oshawa might be available for a low price.

Wolves fans are not dumb. Posters here can criticize all they want about the griping. But honestly some of you have not been around the rink to see the brass in action.(drafts/scouting = terrible) Branch is handing out high picks for mediocre players. We deserve better management . London has to laughing every time we come calling.

WJ

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Here's what you can expect from Yak (the good and the bad):

-Good speed, hard shot (I didn't say accurate), plays a physical/gritty game, loves to chirp, and gets under the skin of opponents. Quite the clown.
-Effective on the PK (NOT PP).
-Hands of stone, he should never be allowed to take a penalty shot. -Takes undisciplined penalties.
-Projects no higher than a third line player.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
BB did really well here, let's hope Yak is a leader. Typical Wolves fans moaning about picks we didn't even trade away. Do you guys want to win or not make up your minds. Our thread is a circus show because you guys are jaded from losing for so long. Get over it, I don't even know why you guys come on here.

Excuse me our thread is a circus cause were jaded from losing for so long!!! BINGO:handclap: you are so right we have been losing for so long.:amazed:

Again you are not a Sudburian and make as many trips up as our Gm BB.:shakehead

WJ

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Really, they are not similar.
Renaud was/is free. Perhaps a rebuilding club such as Oshawa can use Renaud; it appears, no other OHL team can at this point.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Here's what you can expect from Yak (the good and the bad):

-Good speed, hard shot (I didn't say accurate), plays a physical/gritty game, loves to chirp, and gets under the skin of opponents. Quite the clown.
-Effective on the PK (NOT PP).
-Hands of stone, he should never be allowed to take a penalty shot. -Takes undisciplined penalties.
-Projects no higher than a third line player.

And wonder why some of us believe the cost was too high! We take our share of penalties already and bringing in another player who takes undisciplined penalties worries me. I think me might cost us games in the long run.

Couldn't Sudbury look out west and sign a free agent OA from the surplus out there. Teams do that often that way we retain our picks that we don't have so many at our disposal.

WJ

Wolves

Jan 25, 2016
WJ just assumes I'm with the club. I had season tickets in 2000-2001 and I've had season tickets periodically since then when I can afford them. Not only do I live in Sudbury but I bleed blue and grey. I'm not going to continue to argue with you because you clearly feel a deep resentment to the hockey club.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
How can you comment on the team when your not at all he games. I've been there as a season ticket holder for over 20 years. I can afford it and want to see a better manged team product. It has become stale, the management has been doing the same thing year in year out including game marketing. In comparison to watching some other teams in the league they don't need 15 years to have a run. Northbay since their move have had their fare share of wins and runs. Including SSM. The drafting, trades and scouting has been better overall. Team coaching and management are better! That's fact. Maybe things will finally change with new ownership but so far it isn't. Yes they hired a couple new people to learn the ropes however the old guys are still cling ons. It's very disappointing as a fan that today we still over pay in deals. Look around the league, talk to hockey people at the games. We all can't be wrong��. It's our opinions agree to disagree!

WJ

Last edited by a moderator:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
And wonder why some of us believe the cost was too high! We take our share of penalties already and bringing in another player who takes undisciplined penalties worries me. I think me might cost us games in the long run.

Couldn't Sudbury look out west and sign a free agent OA from the surplus out there. Teams do that often that way we retain our picks that we don't have so many at our disposal.

WJ

The role and expectations of Yak will be very different coming from a championship level team that used him on a line with Heffernan to deal with some of the nastier aspects of the west and going to a young and inexperienced team that needs leadership qualities from a 20yr old that experienced winning and has proven a willingness to play roles for his team.
I think it's good move for this team. LOTS has changed in the past 18 months. The make up of the roster is unlike any we have seen in 20 years (whenever it was Templeton built a great roster); give it a few more months to gel and mature.
Re: SSM; the Soo drafted within the first four picks 3 out of 4 years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad