Pilon 98
Pilon 98
Searles 98
Levin 99
Bulitka 99
Carson 99
Lane 99
Garagan 99

Not all the 99 forwards signed will make the team, maybe 3 of them.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Pick your starting 12 forwards from this group of 20 forwards

Harris 95
Desrochers 95

Wood 95
Jenys 96
Schmalz 96
Heffernan 96

Graaskamp 96
Zeppieri 97
Silveri 97
Sokolov 98
Pezzetta 98
Pataki 98

Pilon 98
Pilon 98
Searles 98
Levin 99
Bulitka 99
Carson 99
Lane 99
Garagan 99

Not all the 99 forwards signed will make the team, maybe 3 of them.

Graaskamp, Jenys, Solokov
Deroshers, Schmalz, Heffernan
Pezzetta, Pataki, Carson
Searles, Levin
2or3 on a taxi squad until trades

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014
I know that Levin is a 1sr overall and alot is expected of him, but he didn't really impress me much at the Rookie Camp. Garigan was the stand out to me. Anyone else feel the same way?

Last edited:

Hockeyfriend

Nov 8, 2011
I know that Levin is a 1sr overall and alot is expected of him, but he didn't really impress me much at the Rookie Camp. Garigan was the stand out to me. Anyone else feel the same way?

I noticed the same but believe he will be ok. He just cannot be rushed to the first line. I think he may get there this year if he plays to his potential, but let's let him get his feet wet. He is not a very big kid so he will need to feel out the defence of this league. He played wing and that may be an issue right away as he will need to get into those corners a lot - but he was picked 1st overall for a reason and if was not the overall consensus 1st overall he was good enough to be in that conversation....he will be ok.

What about the team's starting line-up. Hearing multiple names being used in a pre-season trade to get an OA defenceman...a few are d but most are forwards. The forwards make sense as they signed a truck load already.

the dog

May 16, 2014
I noticed the same but believe he will be ok. He just cannot be rushed to the first line. I think he may get there this year if he plays to his potential, but let's let him get his feet wet. He is not a very big kid so he will need to feel out the defence of this league. He played wing and that may be an issue right away as he will need to get into those corners a lot - but he was picked 1st overall for a reason and if was not the overall consensus 1st overall he was good enough to be in that conversation....he will be ok.

What about the team's starting line-up. Hearing multiple names being used in a pre-season trade to get an OA defenceman...a few are d but most are forwards. The forwards make sense as they signed a truck load already.
may OA def Taylor Davis of ottawa

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014

Who do you see being traded preseason?

Hockeyfriend

Nov 8, 2011
From the D, possibly one or a combination of the following:
Cummins (doubtful because of his ties with the Burgess family - kid stays with them during the summer months), Duschene or Clapham

From the F, possibly one or a combination:
Wood (might just be released but think they will TRY and get a pick for him), Zeppieri.

I still think that with the number of forwards they actually signed this spring/early summer they are looking to get them into the line-up at some point. Are they going to keep them in tier 2 and if season goes south do they sell off any assets for picks and one by one put them into the line-up?

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
The Wolves will have some decisions to make come August. Once the trade window opens again you could possibly see a number of transactions transpire.

The only two overage players that should be at camp IMO would be Harris and Desrochers.

With the number of forwards signed from the 2015 draft and returning players along with free agent invites the Wolves have some interesting problems.

As it stands I think we could see a line up that looks like this,

Jenys Harris (OA) Schmalz
Desrochers (OA) Pezzetta Grasskamp
Heffernen Levin Sokolov
Carson Lane Pataki
Searles Bultka Garagan

Its obvious Zeppieri is the odd man out and Wood will be released. The Wolves can only ice 4 16 year olds so i can see one of Garagn, Carson, Lane or Butilka not staying with the team all year. Searles will make his way into the fourth line and depending on how others play we can platoon on the 3rd as well.

*Who knows where the Pilon twins fit. But I was hoping after they singed that Denny Lambert would have been added to the staff as an assistant.

Defensively the Wolves have some depth but not the quality I believe that will have a true leader. Guys like Corbett, and Raine were solid guys on and off the ice. So I believe you could see a move coming for an overage defender.

Capibanco OGrady
Bourque Mayo
Cummins Moinz
Duchense Hawley
Bastien Barnes
Ali Clapham

You could see Clapham being dealt or released as it was evident he didn't quite fit and Hawley wasn't called up at all last year after being on the opening day roster. So then the 2014 draft picks in Bastien, Barnes and Moniz come into play. Moniz will make the club as he had an outstanding season developing in the London area. Barnes is still a question mark if he will even come to camp. And Bastien was a high enough pick but not much has been said about him. So who knows if those guys have a chance. And Ali will need one more season before making the club. So with that being said. I think we will see

Capibanco OA
Bourque OGrady
Cummins Duchense
Moniz Mayo

starting the year.

Your thoughts people???

WJ

guy97

from sarnia
Apr 16, 2015
The Wolves will have some decisions to make come August. Once the trade window opens again you could possibly see a number of transactions transpire.

The only two overage players that should be at camp IMO would be Harris and Desrochers.

With the number of forwards signed from the 2015 draft and returning players along with free agent invites the Wolves have some interesting problems.

Heffernen Levin Sokolov
Carson Lane Pataki
Searles Bultka Garagan

Its obvious Zeppieri is the odd man out and Wood will be released. The Wolves can only ice 4 16 year olds so i can see one of Garagn, Carson, Lane or Butilka not staying with the team all year. Searles will make his way into the fourth line and depending on how others play we can platoon on the 3rd as well.

*Who knows where the Pilon twins fit. But I was hoping after they singed that Denny Lambert would have been added to the staff as an assistant.

Defensively the Wolves have some depth but not the quality I believe that will have a true leader. Guys like Corbett, and Raine were solid guys on and off the ice. So I believe you could see a move coming for an overage defender.

Capibanco OGrady
Bourque Mayo
Cummins Moinz
Duchense Hawley
Bastien Barnes
Ali Clapham

You could see Clapham being dealt or released as it was evident he didn't quite fit and Hawley wasn't called up at all last year after being on the opening day roster. So then the 2014 draft picks in Bastien, Barnes and Moniz come into play. Moniz will make the club as he had an outstanding season developing in the London area. Barnes is still a question mark if he will even come to camp. And Bastien was a high enough pick but not much has been said about him. So who knows if those guys have a chance. And Ali will need one more season before making the club. So with that being said. I think we will see

Capibanco OA
Bourque OGrady
Cummins Duchense
Moniz Mayo

starting the year.

Your thoughts people???

WJ

:amazed: were does silveri fit in....:sarcasm:

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Been awhile WJ! Looks good

Pilon twins will make things interesting up front and acquiring an OA Dman should happen

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015
Desrochers, Silveri, and Garagan, three North Bay boys could all see action this year with the Wolves, but Tyler Peters, arguably the best '96 from this area was drafted but never played in Sudbury....Is he even on their radar anymore?

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario

Heffernen Levin Sokolov
Carson Lane Pataki
Searles Bultka Garagan

Capibanco OGrady
Bourque Mayo
Cummins Moinz
Duchense Hawley
Bastien Barnes
Ali Clapham

Capibanco OA
Bourque OGrady
Cummins Duchense
Moniz Mayo

starting the year.

Your thoughts people???

WJ
Just so I'm clear about this, the trade window opens on the 1st of August?

Section19

Sep 17, 2012
Sudbury, ON

I don't think I would have wanted Lambert added to the staff. The Sault seemed to under-perform while he was their head coach IMO.

TBH, I really don't think the Pilon twins even factor in this year or even the following year. There's 5 forwards from this draft that are signed. You can only have 4 16 year olds on your roster. Being top scorers in a lower caliber league isn't much of a feather in someone's cap. If they had skills, they probably would've been drafted and/or played in a better league. But who knows ... Claude Giroux never got drafted by an OHL team.... There's no harm to taking a flyer on them.

I'd argue that Bulitka really didn't show much to be signed right away based on rookie camp, maybe even Carson. Ultimately, it shouldn't matter who's signed, they need to go with the top performers in training camp and leave politics out of who is making the team or not.

Hockeyfriend

Nov 8, 2011
Any predictions on two things:

1. Will Smith pull the trigger on some trades as soon as the freeze is off August 1? Lots of forwards signed so far...

2. Who will they be? I am predicting Zeppieri to be gone and possibly Duschene.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010

1. Will Smith pull the trigger on some trades as soon as the freeze is off August 1? Lots of forwards signed so far...

Smith? I thought a new GM is coming to the rock....

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014

I agree with you HFriend. Can you see them possibly trading a guy like Scmaltz for a stud OA D? Just throwing the thought out there.

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014
Any rumors worth discussing on the trade front?

I think Zeppieri,Wood,Tanguay and Clapham are pretty much qarrantied to be gone but what do we get back? I know they are after a stud OA defenceman but I don't think we are going to get one for any of those guys unless we settle for a leftover. So who do we give up or how many picks do we give up to get one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad