Sudbury Wolves 2015 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfriend

Nov 8, 2011
A sign of change for this origination would be to see Cummings released or traded. Just a thought.

Agree he should,but won't be. Understn that he lives with Burgess in the off-seaon. Very good friends with Connor.

However, there are too many d on roster and kids like Bourque, O'Grady require time on the ice and not rotating in and out of the ine-up. Changes are coming to the d but just don't think it will be Cummins.

Hockeyfriend

Nov 8, 2011
Been reading other team threads and they are mentioning that the camp team line-up's are being announced in advance of the start of their respective camps. Cannot remember previous year's process - will they announce something prior to camp this year?

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Don't forget to add Moniz to the mix on defense as well, but in general I agree, don't expect Cummins to be moved at all, he may even be an OA next year.

As far as the lineups, nothing is usually released until camp starts. Should a competitive camp this year

Hockeyfriend

Nov 8, 2011
Saw the article in the SS on Cummins. Matsos is quoted as saying that he should see 2nd unit PP. Assuming Capobianco and Murphy would be 1st (unless they run 4 forwards + Capobianco in a parachute format), and you have much more skilled kids like Mayo and O'Grady and Bouque fighting it out for 2nd unit time with Cummins and maybe even Murphy?

Unless they are planning to move some of these younger D, we have too many sitting when should be playing.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
I have seen the article. Cummins is the absolute last guy I would put on the power play. With Moniz, O'Grady, Bourque, etc who can and need to play there as well, I dont know where you find him the ice. Penalty kill is a different story

JJJMac

Apr 18, 2014
Rumour is that Moniz won't even be at camp. He has decided to pursue NCAA options. I have also heard that Sudbury having trade talks with Branch's old team.

IceWolve

Aug 11, 2015
Sudbury Camp and Line Ups

Well for the first time in long time, excited about Camp. Is anyone going through the week and being able to provide updates ?

Any Line Up Predictions on Forward and D, Yeah I know it is early but never hurts.

Also who do you guys think will be wearing the C and A this Year, will be interesting, but I think with a rebuild and new directions that leadership core is very important.

Great to Drake as the New D Coach, keep them on their toes. Hopefully Levin comes as advertised, sounds like great skill but at the OHL level that compete factor has to be there, regardless of how skilled. Fire away Wolve Fans, this will be Fun !!!!

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014
Well for the first time in long time, excited about Camp. Is anyone going through the week and being able to provide updates ?

Any Line Up Predictions on Forward and D, Yeah I know it is early but never hurts.

Also who do you guys think will be wearing the C and A this Year, will be interesting, but I think with a rebuild and new directions that leadership core is very important.

Great to Drake as the New D Coach, keep them on their toes. Hopefully Levin comes as advertised, sounds like great skill but at the OHL level that compete factor has to be there, regardless of how skilled. Fire away Wolve Fans, this will be Fun !!!!

Should be a good camp. Blaine did an amazing job getting some good young talent for Matsos to work with. I saw Durochers on the ice in the Bay and he looks really good. Garrigan looked real good aswell. I'd like to see Durochers with the C and Harris,Schmaltz and Cappobianco with the A's. . Looking forward to the start of the year

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
I hope Moniz shows if only to create some more tough decisions for the coaching staff who, barring trades, will almost certainly have to cut some veteran players. Interesting camp about to happen.

Hockeyfriend

Nov 8, 2011
I hope Moniz shows if only to create some more tough decisions for the coaching staff who, barring trades, will almost certainly have to cut some veteran players. Interesting camp about to happen.

That is good question for debate. With all the signings, younger players coming in...what vet's are possiblly being moved. Who, will they be traded or released (ala what happened last year with two players - Milne and Hiddink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad