Sudbury Wolves 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014
They have spoken to Harris and Durocher and they will be back. Tanguay will not be back and they will be making a deal for an OA defenceman. They also have to move one of their 1st round picks in order to be able top draft a 1st rounder. They are only allowed 5. I think you will see Cummins on the move and Kash to make room for their Euro pick.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
They have spoken to Harris and Durocher and they will be back. Tanguay will not be back and they will be making a deal for an OA defenceman. They also have to move one of their 1st round picks in order to be able top draft a 1st rounder. They are only allowed 5. I think you will see Cummins on the move and Kash to make room for their Euro pick.

Have no idea what you are talking about with respect to your first round pick scenario.

Hockeyfriend

Nov 8, 2011

How do you know?

Lanny

May 9, 2012
Timpano is the undisputed #1 Goalie...this will definitely not change next year...Timpano is a stud in the making and very close to one right now...why waste an O/A spot on a goalie that is going to sit for 50+/- games...O/A's for next season should be Harris, Desrochers and a 3rd via trade/waivers (I would imagine the Wolves will be going for an O/A defenceman...at least that would be the smart thing to do)...there are always a few O/A's to be had for next to nothing...like Huether was this year from here to NB for next to nothing...the other O/A candidate the Wolves have for next year...well...he can be one to be had for another team...for absolutely nothing...any one of Turnbull, Menna or Latonovich or a 2015 draftee will suffice for the back-up netminder next season...GW

Well if Timpano is the undisputed #1, he better clean up his act. He was absolutely terrible tonight. Sure a few of the goals were not his fault, but for anyone going to the last 10 games, an easily noticeable trend is going on. All team are shooting glove hand high on him. I will strongly admit that the wolves were totally out classed tonight, but for him to leave the rink after the first period and go home is disrespectful to your team.
I would think the new management (we can only hope) will re-evaluate the goaltending position. I have little faith in either one of them this year.London showed not only the Wolves players, but also the fans that there are very few players that can skate at the OHL level on the Sudbury Wolves. Certainly Domi and Merner were a level above most of the players, but London second and third line are much better then Sudbury's first line. The scary thing, London is not an elite team, Oshawa is. Next year is going to be another long year.

BostonOz

Sep 22, 2013
Why did he go home? Do you think he could have had a rough go in net because he was under the weather and he just went home because he was sick? Just a thought. You make it sound like he was pissed off and stormed out of the rink? Any facts?

Lanny

May 9, 2012
If he was sick, he should have pulled himself, you maybe correct, but I really do not think so. I believe he wanted to be pulled after the fourth goal but the coach wanted to give him the rest of the period. Then he lets in a brutal goal for the fifth and on the sixth, he was abandoned by his teammates. He had to be frustrated with himself and the team. Either way, of the sixth goals he let in, four where questionable. For a night when there were several NHL scouts at the rink, he played poorly.
As for any player on Sudbury, if they can skate, show a good effort, correct the mistakes they make each game and show hockey sense, I will always support them. I just think Timpano shows a weekness high glove hand and he has not corrected it in two years. Neither goaltender on the Wolves have shown any consistency that is required to win at this level. Neither Troy or Samuel where the cause of the loss last night to London, my post was a reply about Troy being a stud goaltender. I simply do not agree with that comment.

Lanny

May 9, 2012
If he was sick, he should have pulled himself, you maybe correct, but I really do not think so. I believe he wanted to be pulled after the fourth goal but the coach wanted to give him the rest of the period. Then he lets in a brutal goal for the fifth and on the sixth, he was abandoned by his teammates. He had to be frustrated with himself and the team. Either way, of the sixth goals he let in, four where questionable. For a night when there were several NHL scouts at the rink, he played poorly.
As for any player on Sudbury, if they can skate, show a good effort, correct the mistakes they make each game and show hockey sense, I will always support them. I just think Timpano shows a weekness high glove hand and he has not corrected it in two years. Neither goaltender on the Wolves have shown any consistency that is required to win at this level. Neither Troy or Samuel where the cause of the loss last night to London, my post was a reply about Troy being a stud goaltender. I simply do not agree with that comment.

Greywolf

Jan 1, 2015
Timpano is and will be the undisputed #1 Goalie for the Wolves...interesting, a comment about the "last 10 games"...try 30 years of games...then maybe make a statement that holds water...those who have watched Timpano since his arrival last year as a 16 year old and now as a 17 year old starter on a challenged team has made plenty of dandy stops with his trapper...has arguably won most of the games the team has won and has kept them in many games and kept it respectable many, many times...where the Wolves had no business being in many of the games...this sounds like a poor and misguided comment about one game...a bad game...yes, this team has had many...who said "he left the rink and went home", how do you know...did you stalk him...he didn't return to the bench, leave it at that...where were you Wednesday night...where were you last Friday...who's being disrespectful..."trend", ha...GW

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014
I know because this came from the players mouth. My daughter dates one of the players and one of the players is a family friend. I also have a good in with management. As far as Timpano, he took a puck in the ribs and was in alot of pain so he was told to either go to emerge or home and take care of it.. As for last night's loss, I don't blame the coaching staff. These guys have no talent pool to work with. Our scouting staff has to do a better job of interviewing these kids and actually watching them more than once in a game situation before they pull the trigger on them. Now in their defence, compared to most teams, Burgess does not pay these guys much either. Blaine Smith has been conducting interviews with potential draft picks for the past couple months while they are on the road. The homework that should have been done the past few years. As far as 1st rounders, I am positive that a team is only allowed 5, if I am wrong I apologize but will look into it farther.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I know because this came from the players mouth. My daughter dates one of the players and one of the players is a family friend. I also have a good in with management. As far as Timpano, he took a puck in the ribs and was in alot of pain so he was told to either go to emerge or home and take care of it.. As for last night's loss, I don't blame the coaching staff. These guys have no talent pool to work with. Our scouting staff has to do a better job of interviewing these kids and actually watching them more than once in a game situation before they pull the trigger on them. Now in their defence, compared to most teams, Burgess does not pay these guys much either. Blaine Smith has been conducting interviews with potential draft picks for the past couple months while they are on the road. The homework that should have been done the past few years. As far as 1st rounders, I am positive that a team is only allowed 5, if I am wrong I apologize but will look into it farther.

Never heard tell of a player being told to go home or go to emerge and take care of it. Just a ridiculous statement, did he go alone? did he walk to emerge? maybe he called a cab, both his parents stayed for the rest of the game. Troy is a class act that has been thrown to the Wolves. He is doing his best coping with minor league coaching, a mickey mouse organization and the pressure of being a starter. The whole team should go to rehab at the owners expense after what he has put them through over the last 2 years. How long will it take to break the Fixter mould? that is the question.

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014
I agree with you. The kid is a class act and has been thrown to more than the Wolves. I'm just glad that this isn't his draft year. Hopefully they get some talent to put infront of him next year. And get these boys a goalie coach that has been there and been successful. Not a guy that works full time at a sports store. But again, this is just another indication of the Mickey mouse organization that Burgess has turned it into. You get what you pay for.

rgrsboom

Dec 6, 2014
Sec 7 Row K
Never heard tell of a player being told to go home or go to emerge and take care of it. Just a ridiculous statement, did he go alone? did he walk to emerge? maybe he called a cab, both his parents stayed for the rest of the game. Troy is a class act that has been thrown to the Wolves. He is doing his best coping with minor league coaching, a mickey mouse organization and the pressure of being a starter. The whole team should go to rehab at the owners expense after what he has put them through over the last 2 years. How long will it take to break the Fixter mould? that is the question.

Billoink, we know a couple of Wolves, exWolves. One of them had a shoulder issue and was left to seek treatment (emerg) on his own. Parents were none too pleased with the lack of care the team put forth, but from what I have read about Burgess, one should not be surprised. The speed of the ship is the speed of the captain. With this current owner, the ship is sinking!

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Would have to think Timpano is facing the amount of shots any other goalie would see in two seasons, has to be great for his development. Burgess has put these kids through hell and they are learning a very important part of the game, and that is how to lose. Time for the league to step in and correct the wrong Burgess has created. There has to be some kind of guideline in place to protect players from an owner who just doesn't care because his agenda all along blew up in his face. We are to stay away to get the message across? Who did not enjoy watching London execute last night? Many fans like myself are OHL fans who want to follow the development of the potential stars at the next level. Should I be forced to give that up because of an owner?

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
Would have to think Timpano is facing the amount of shots any other goalie would see in two seasons, has to be great for his development. Burgess has put these kids through hell and they are learning a very important part of the game, and that is how to lose. Time for the league to step in and correct the wrong Burgess has created. There has to be some kind of guideline in place to protect players from an owner who just doesn't care because his agenda all along blew up in his face. We are to stay away to get the message across? Who did not enjoy watching London execute last night? Many fans like myself are OHL fans who want to follow the development of the potential stars at the next level. Should I be forced to give that up because of an owner?
Time for the league to step in and correct the wrong Burgess has created? what would you like for the league to do?.
it would be nice for all the players one day not to show up for a game :yo:

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
Not a big follower of the Wolves, but I am curious with Brody Silk. I remember him being quite a hyped prospect around the league his 2nd season, what happened since then? For an OA season, 41 games and 10 points, that is, well... not very good.

Hockeyfriend

Nov 8, 2011
Not a big follower of the Wolves, but I am curious with Brody Silk. I remember him being quite a hyped prospect around the league his 2nd season, what happened since then? For an OA season, 41 games and 10 points, that is, well... not very good.

Silk was a good prospect. He tallied only 9 points his rookie year while playing over 60 games. he benefited his second year by going right to the top line along side Sgarbossa and Kuchin (mostly but there were others like Leivo). That was his best season. However, ever since he has not played that well in many people's opinion.

I am not sure of his leadership abilities but his progress stalled due to injuries and suspensions since the start of his 3rd season. Management love him and I think they made Fixter play him as a 1st line center at the start of this season which killed any momentum the Wolves MIGHT have had at any point. He is not a producer but can serve as a good checker moving forward.

FireBenning*

Silk was a good prospect. He tallied only 9 points his rookie year while playing over 60 games. he benefited his second year by going right to the top line along side Sgarbossa and Kuchin (mostly but there were others like Leivo). That was his best season. However, ever since he has not played that well in many people's opinion.

I am not sure of his leadership abilities but his progress stalled due to injuries and suspensions since the start of his 3rd season. Management love him and I think they made Fixter play him as a 1st line center at the start of this season which killed any momentum the Wolves MIGHT have had at any point. He is not a producer but can serve as a good checker moving forward.

I agree I think he does have a good skill set but he hasn't developed mich since his first year. Could be cause of the shoulder injuries or a lack of good coaching. None the less it's been a tough year.

Hockeyfriend

Nov 8, 2011
Noticed Timpano is not dressed for todays game in the bay, anyone know why?

In Friday's game he was hurt after the 3rd goal in the 1st period...bruized ribs I understand.

That is a little confusing to me...if he was hurt why did he not come out? Matsos said he knows he doesn't want to come out, wants to work through it...but injured and 3 goals had already gone by him early. I think in that case, it is team first. 3 goals in on him before he got hurt and was planning on leaving him in until end of 1st. The team is fragile right now and a change after the 3rd goal should have happened - especially since the 3 went in quite early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad