Sudbury Wolves 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
In Friday's game he was hurt after the 3rd goal in the 1st period...bruized ribs I understand.

That is a little confusing to me...if he was hurt why did he not come out? Matsos said he knows he doesn't want to come out, wants to work through it...but injured and 3 goals had already gone by him early. I think in that case, it is team first. 3 goals in on him before he got hurt and was planning on leaving him in until end of 1st. The team is fragile right now and a change after the 3rd goal should have happened - especially since the 3 went in quite early.

Any word during the broadcast of todays game as to why he is out?

Lanny

May 9, 2012
Just got back from the Laurentian game. Man that is good hockey, much faster then the Wolves. If the Wolves are looking for a coach, they should not have to look very far. Craig Duncanson took a team made up of NOJHA players to a third and deciding playoff game in the second year of their return. There is a constant flow to the play and a strong defence for the entire team. As far I am concerned that is the best hockey played in Sudbury this year. Although they lost, I am sure they will be back even stronger next year. There are a few wolves draft picks the never played for the Wolves on the team and Valiquette in net.
Not sure if he would come as he has a good job with the Voyagers, but Sudbury has some good hockey people out there. Hope someone with this type of talent can step forward. If you do not want to watch a Wolves game, go to a Laurentian game next year.

woofer

Apr 1, 2014
....if's.....

.....if they had scored on the penalty shot....and if they hadn't taken that five minute major....and if their PK unit hadn't allowed that goal.....woofer....p.s...check out the Star for the best if of the season...something about someone's aunt growing a pair ....p.p.s..how's about if monkies fly out of management's butt....:banghead:

W4TW2

Jan 27, 2013
I know because this came from the players mouth. My daughter dates one of the players and one of the players is a family friend. I also have a good in with management. As far as Timpano, he took a puck in the ribs and was in alot of pain so he was told to either go to emerge or home and take care of it.. As for last night's loss, I don't blame the coaching staff. These guys have no talent pool to work with. Our scouting staff has to do a better job of interviewing these kids and actually watching them more than once in a game situation before they pull the trigger on them. Now in their defence, compared to most teams, Burgess does not pay these guys much either. Blaine Smith has been conducting interviews with potential draft picks for the past couple months while they are on the road. The homework that should have been done the past few years. As far as 1st rounders, I am positive that a team is only allowed 5, if I am wrong I apologize but will look into it farther.

Actually, Troy WAS there until the end of the game.. He was in the dressing room until the very end.. So maybe your "family friend" and "daughters boyfriend" were wrong. I can't stand people who think they know more than they really do. smh

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Actually, Troy WAS there until the end of the game.. He was in the dressing room until the very end.. So maybe your "family friend" and "daughters boyfriend" were wrong. I can't stand people who think they know more than they really do. smh

90% of the bloggers on this site thinks they know everything lol especially nhl related blogs.

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014
Hey WT4 if you read the post correctly,the info I got was about management talking to the boys about coming back. If you learn to read, when I started talking about Timpano, I said "AS FAR AS TIMPANO" which means I was starting another topic. As much as you hate people that supposedly don't know what they are talking about,I hate people that can't read.

AKADonovan

Apr 30, 2014
Sudbury
Hey WT4 if you read the post correctly,the info I got was about management talking to the boys about coming back. If you learn to read, when I started talking about Timpano, I said "AS FAR AS TIMPANO" which means I was starting another topic. As much as you hate people that supposedly don't know what they are talking about,I hate people that can't read.
Perhaps you need to reread what you wrote.
It is pretty clear to me from your post that you said Troy was told to go home or to emerg, suggesting he was told to leave the building.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
I hope they take a defenceman as that would be their biggest area of need. i don't have a lot of confidence in the defencemen for next year. Capobianco is good but needs defensive work. Bourque and O'Grady have some promise. Mayo has been ok, Clapham has regressed, Cummins is big,slow and not physical and Duchesne is big, slow and turns the puck over too much. I don't know what's out there for European defencemen but I hope the GM can find a good one.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Have to stay on course and go with one of the two Tippet or Levin. Tippet is a little bigger with an NHL ready shot already,franchise player. Levin is compared to Jonathan Toews, dynamic one on one moves, a HoSang type excitement without the reputation. This franchise is too fragile at this point to stray away from these type of players on a hunch by Blaine. I personally would lean toward Levin at this point. The OHL CUP will determine, as all eyes will be on Don Mills, and Levin.

Last edited:

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014
I hear that there is a big defenceman on the same team as Tippet that looks well that isn't supposed to go until the 2nd round. We need some size back there. There is a kid that belongs to us playing in St Thomas aswell, Moniz. Not very big but leads his team in PP points and also in PIMs.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Wolves pick 3rd overall in this years CHL Import draft, not 1st.

No Brainer.. Dman Adam Tilander from Sweden. Problem is he'll probably be gone before the Wolves have a chance at him.

Levin and Tippett are both franchise caliber players.. very tough choice but Levin has the best vision and playmaking ability in this draft hands down.. along with his scoring ability make things interesting for this draft.

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
Wolves pick 3rd overall in this years CHL Import draft, not 1st.

No Brainer.. Dman Adam Tilander from Sweden. Problem is he'll probably be gone before the Wolves have a chance at him.

Levin and Tippett are both franchise caliber players.. very tough choice but Levin has the best vision and playmaking ability in this draft hands down.. along with his scoring ability make things interesting for this draft.

Do you know where would I be able to find a list of prospects for this years euro draft?

Last edited:

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014
Thanks Rangerfan. The boys played well. Harris out with a concussion now and the word on Troy is also a concussion from practice. The buzz around the rink last night was that he may be out for the year but that is not confirmed. I hope not. Would be nice to maybe see some of the younger players brought up now for a game or 2 just to give them some exposure to the league. But all in all a pretty good game last night.

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Wolves held their own quite well today against a much better run team (Barrie) for the first two periods...unfortunately the game has 3.:shakehead

JimmyBeam

Oct 20, 2014
I hope they take a defenceman as that would be their biggest area of need. i don't have a lot of confidence in the defencemen for next year. Capobianco is good but needs defensive work. Bourque and O'Grady have some promise. Mayo has been ok, Clapham has regressed, Cummins is big,slow and not physical and Duchesne is big, slow and turns the puck over too much. I don't know what's out there for European defencemen but I hope the GM can find a good one.

Youre being kind, after Capo the D is awful. Keep thinkin big cause thats worked out well how bout a puck moving D-man? One that can make the first Pass....

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014
I thought O'Grady looked good. I think he will be real good over the next couple years. The kid is only 16. Corbett has been having a better year but you are right,we do need a major overhaul back there. This Moniz kid should be here next year. He brings some scoring and toughness aswell. Not very big but plays a tough game.

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014
Watched the game last night. It was actually a pretty good game. Tanguay played really well. Made some big saves. Durocher was fantastic. He logged a ton of ice-time, if he could only get the monkey off his back and get the puck in the net he'd have a great finish to the season. I really think Matsos deserves the chance to come back next year. Their record may not show it but their play on the ice is showing that they are buying into Matsos' systems. Of course you have the few guys there that just don't have the talent so it doesn't matter what a coach does. But I was actually impressed last night. Was hoping to get a chance to talk to Pancel last night but didn't see him after the game.

Hockeyfan16

Aug 9, 2014
Sudbury
There were comments a few weeks back about Desrochers causing several turnovers and to much ice time. I figured those comments came from a fan watching a different game. Harris (now injured)and Desrochers were leading on the face offs and digging for that puck along the boards. Glad they're getting lots of ice. I watched Desrochers one night he bailed the defence and passed at centre ice and I was surprised he skated to the net and scored on the rebound on that play. Hopefully that monkey will come off his back.

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014
You are right hockeyfan. He may not score alot of goals but he has a great work ethic and creates alot of chances and he works hard along the boards and corners.. It is only my opinion but I think he is an underrated palyer that will step up next year and be a force. And I hope he gets that monkey off his back before the year is done so he has a strong finish to the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad