Sudbury Wolves 2014-15 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014
There are no players attending Cambrian or the U. What part of THE BOYS WERE NOT ALL WED TO TAKE SECOND SEMESTER COURSES do people not understand. All boys were told they had to be gone by Monday. Some players agents were even called to reinforce this.

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014
And Hockeyfriend, why would you twist this the way you did? I guess you don't get the just of the site eh?

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014
I truly think next year will be a much better year with Matsos on the bench. The boys seem to be buying into his style

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Read a post by boston oz stating Mark did not even attend the year end banquet, is this really true? Could be he was out impressing our wonderfull Sudbury Star reporters at one of the St Patty's parties. Wonder if they got a room? Shame on this owner if it is in fact true and shame on the other owners for allowing it.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
This makes more sense. Thanks for clarifying. Is it right to assume that the 18 and over players who attend Cambrian or Laurentian will be bussed back to Sudbury so they can finish up the academic year? Just asking.

If the post secondary aged players are taking any courses, they are doing it online. Just like in every OHL city, players go home once the season is over and schooling is arranged for them for those who choose to take courses second semester.

"I truly think next year will be a much better year with Matsos on the bench. The boys seem to be buying into his style."

There has been much more progression with the team from January to March under Matsos then there was from September to December under Fixter. A much better and happier group will come back in September less fresh faced and a lot more ready for the rigors of the OHL. Looking forward to next year.

"Read a post by boston oz stating Mark did not even attend the year end banquet, is this really true? Could be he was out impressing our wonderfull Sudbury Star reporters at one of the St Patty's parties. Wonder if they got a room? Shame on this owner if it is in fact true and shame on the other owners for allowing it"

Mark Burgess was not at the awards banquet as he is currently out of town

BostonOz

Sep 22, 2013
year end banquet, a time to say goodbye to the players, thank them for their hard work and he takes of to Florida... terrible....who knows, maybe the team is sold already and he is thinking it is not my job to attend team banquets and home games for that matter...wishful thinking?

Section19

Sep 17, 2012
Sudbury, ON
year end banquet, a time to say goodbye to the players, thank them for their hard work and he takes of to Florida... terrible....who knows, maybe the team is sold already and he is thinking it is not my job to attend team banquets and home games for that matter...wishful thinking?

The team is not sold and will not be sold any time soon. The clubs value is at it's lowest, and him being a businessman, there's no way he sells the team.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
If the club value is at it's lowest now, just wait until next season.. Burgesses need to end this debacle and sell, they are bringing shame and embarrassment to the Burgess name the longer they own this team. When you hear the name Burgess brought up around Sudbury, first things that come to mind are dysfunctional and losers. They have a strong reputation in this town for all the wrong reasons. They might get a few extra season tickets sold if they select Levin 1st overall.. people will pay to see this kid play. Can't blame Levin if he doesn't want to report here.. Burgess has made a mess of things.

Hockeyfriend

Nov 8, 2011
Hold on to your hat....

Are you saying that the team will be sold between now and draft in April?
I have heard rumors that no announcement until after season...that deal is essentially done.

Is there truth/substance to this?

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Section19: That's exactly what a lot of Bulls fans were saying the last couple of years.

From Up Top

Apr 30, 2010

With David Branch being quoted as saying that the Wolves are next to get things figured out after Belleville, I wouldn't be surprised if Mark isn't allowed to sell to a local owner, or someone who intends to keep the team in Sudbury.

All depends on city council and what they intend to do with the arena.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
With David Branch being quoted as saying that the Wolves are next to get things figured out after Belleville, I wouldn't be surprised if Mark isn't allowed to sell to a local owner, or someone who intends to keep the team in Sudbury.

in 2013-2014 Belleville ranked 20th in average attendance, Sudbury 10th, the year before that Sudbury was 8th, Belleville 17th. Yeah I'm sure Branch is in a rush to get rid of one of the top 10 pulling markets in the OHL

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Could never see the Wolves leaving Sudbury, where would the team go?

Team's staying put and I know fans from the Sault and North Bay would fight to keep the team in Northern Ontario IF there was any doubt...

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
I think the attendance in Sudbury is trending down, going from 8th to 10th to 12th this year. Are they expected to see an increase in attendance next year?

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014
As long as the on-ice product is there, the attendance should be fine...can't expect much when you're the worst team in the OHL

You couldn't be more right Houndsfan. As much as we would all love to see Burgess sell the team its likely not going to happen right away. I think as long as Mark keeps his nose and 2 cents out of the draft and trades for next year and gets Matsos involved aot more in both, then I think you will see a better product on the ice next year. We all know that Connor being on the team, and AT NO FAULT OF HIS, has affected trades and draft picks. there are players that should have been moved but weren't because they were friends of Connors. Now if he keeps his nose out of it, maybe,just maybe we can make a few moves. the only bad part is that there are players that won't wave their no trades and others that just won't come here. Fingers are crosssed though.

malarkey

Oct 13, 2013
The Soo
When I'm reading about Sudbury and Belleville, I am SO glad that the Soo had the foresight to include a clause in the arena deal with the Hounds that if the team was to be put up for sale, a local buyer/buyers had right if first refusal.. Otherwise the Hounds would have been Detroit Compuware.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
As long as the on-ice product is there, the attendance should be fine...can't expect much when you're the worst team in the OHL

What people from the outside fail to see is how Ownership in the last 3 years particular son came on the team, put the gears to loyal fans. There are many season ticket holders I know for over 20 years, had enough of the arrogance of ownership, first forcing Cull out, hiring a Puppet Coach Fixter. Ownership came out and said to the fans if you don't like it don't come to the games. The message was loud and clear that season ticket holders had enough of ownership. Even if the team was last place loyal fans would be there but because how ownership treated them it was their own fault.

Sudbury has the best fans you could find but they had enough. We will always have a team here the support is there no question.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013

When the Burgess family eventually sells, Branch will have no issue with local buyers, even with the arena issue. An automatic increase in attendance is certain, the market is strong and it's quite likely that under new ownership, the city will be much more receptive to building a new arena.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Sudbury could do the Petes a favour by beating Belleville on Saturday. The least you can do after taking out our best defenseman a few weeks ago.:cry:

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I have to compliment the Sudbury Wolves organization on the classy move that they made at the game in Peterborough against the Peterborough Petes yesterday. The Petes honoured their overages at the start of the game with a video tribute. When that was over Wolves captain Brody Silk presented former Wolf and current Pete, Nathan Pancel a plaque for his service to the Wolves. I thought is was a classy move. The ownership does have some class with this move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad