Sudbury Wolves 2014-15 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
The Wolves just seemed to give up after the owner dashed at the end of the second, what must the parents think of their kids under the umbrella of an owner like this.

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014
I agree. This guy is an absolute joke. Mr. I'm so approachable. What a crock. His arena deal is done this year and Bigger has already said he isn't getting his concession deal. Now just another rumour but supposedly there is a deal and it's in the hands of the lawyers. If only it was true.

Tonester01

Sep 30, 2012
In the Hockey News Future Watch magazine, Sudbury was "the top development franchise in major junior over the past 25 years." This includes all 3 CHL leagues. Blaine Smith is quoted as saying "The Burgess Family have owned the team since 1986. When you have ownership that's stable and dedicated to bringing in the best GM and best coaches that are available, it speaks volumes to success."

Any comments from Wolve's fans who are having a long year?

cub

Apr 11, 2012
In the Hockey News Future Watch magazine, Sudbury was "the top development franchise in major junior over the past 25 years." This includes all 3 CHL leagues. Blaine Smith is quoted as saying "The Burgess Family have owned the team since 1986. When you have ownership that's stable and dedicated to bringing in the best GM and best coaches that are available, it speaks volumes to success."

Ownership has been mediocre in most part, but it has hit a low time low, mainly with start of owner son being on the team, and the arrogance of ownership saying to fans if you don't like it don't show up. The message is clear, ownership never serious of bringing a championship because, their scouting staff suck, they had a Puppet coach for a ! yr and half. They are not proactive in recruiting and scouting and doing what it takes to bring a championship. When Mr Burgess senior was around he was legitimate in trying to bring a championship. But Mark Burgess is an arrogant you know what, and is a crappy owner, he put his own agenda before winning and best interest of the team and fans.

Time for new ownership over 25 yrs for the Burgess family and nothing much show for it.

woofer

Apr 1, 2014
....imo.....

....enough BS to choke a horse....woofer....p.s...Knock Knock....Who's there?.....BS...BS who?.....Exactly my point!....

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Does anyone know what draft pick numbers the wolves have...besides number 1 ...thanks

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014
So the boys play next weekend with their last game in Ottawa on Sunday. Right after the game the bus is going to Toronto to drop the players off. They are not allowed to come back. So their parents have to come up before next weekend to bring all their stuff back and for those kids with cars, their parents have to pick those up too. What a joke Burgess is. What a great way to attract kids. No class at all

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
So the boys play next weekend with their last game in Ottawa on Sunday. Right after the game the bus is going to Toronto to drop the players off. They are not allowed to come back. So their parents have to come up before next weekend to bring all their stuff back and for those kids with cars, their parents have to pick those up too. What a joke Burgess is. What a great way to attract kids. No class at all

I'm assuming you have some sort of inside knowledge to say this?

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I'm assuming you have some sort of inside knowledge to say this?

Your post is true, spoke to a parent on friday they are picking their son up in toronto sunday. They really don't have a problem with it and were not concerned.

DieHardTheHunter

Oct 20, 2014
No exit meetings? Or are the exit meetings actually before the season ends. I'm sure the players actually prefer to get out of town early. Some teams actually make the players stay in town anywhere from a few days to a whole week for exit meetings.

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014
Yes I do have proof. My daughter dates one of the guys. The parents that have to come up to get the boys vehicles are not happy though and there are a couple parents that have to come up and get the kids stuff that aren't happy.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Yes I do have proof. My daughter dates one of the guys. The parents that have to come up to get the boys vehicles are not happy though and there are a couple parents that have to come up and get the kids stuff that aren't happy.

Wonder what sort of state the team will be in next year; certainly Burgess is ending the season on a sour note

Hopefully things will be better for the 15/16 season Wolves fans!

Last edited:

OlZamMan

Apr 10, 2012
I'm surprised that there isn't a league mandated protocol on how the end of season is to be handled.
But then again, perhaps there has always been professionalism, responsibility, respect, etc. by all teams in the past and therefore who would've thought that it would've been required.
It's behaviour like this that brings on rules of conduct that are to be followed.
What an embarrassment to the league and city this must be.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Maybe our wonderful Sudbury Star reporters can dig for some answers on this matter. Maybe just maybe they can grow a pair and go after the story. Don't think we'll be seeing that anytime soon.

member 236327

All accurate info.

OHL fan all the way

Jan 15, 2015
Niagara
Wow, never realized there were so many issues in Sudbury. You can learn a lot on this forum.

I came on here hoping to see how you guys look for the next couple of seasons. Good young goalie, some good young forwards too.

Anyone think things are looking up?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Absolutely, a 0.190 W pct is a low starting pt. The main hockey related reason to the wolves record is that only two players on the roster were in a position to contribute before this season. Start camp with potentially 20 returning players with some experience, 1st OA pick, a couple of 2nds & 3rds, along with the OHLs 1st import pick; things are definitely picking up.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
!

HAHA .. Oh my ..

Mark Burgess and the Burgess clan are the joke of Sudbury and OHL. Keep the jokes coming Burgesses!

So sad this franchise.. when will this franchise be saved with new ownership?

Can't wait to see their spin on season tickets for next year.. gonna be low numbers! Levin might help a bit but will he report? If Wolves don't take Levin we know why.. he wanted nothing to do with Sudbury.

Section19

Sep 17, 2012
Sudbury, ON
80% of the time they make the playoffs ... well, 80% of the teams in the conference make the playoffs so it's not that hard to qualify for the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad