Confirmed with Link: Subban wins the Norris!!!!! (per Reality)

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
Man if subban kills it again, and dominates for team Canada... :laugh:

How much money can he get?

To think we could have locked him up for 5 million....
Subban wanted Doughty money and a lot of reporters said it.

In the end, Bergevin made a great move.. Its easy to go and say we couldve signed him for cheap when we didnt even know last year how he was going to play.

Hindsight 20/20

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country

In the end, Bergevin made a great move.. Its easy to go and say we couldve signed him for cheap when we didnt even know last year how he was going to play.

Hindsight 20/20

Just curious, but I never read any reporters saying Subban was demanding 'Doughty money'. I read a lot of rumours from those generic web hits driving sites, but that's it, nothing from a reputable source. So I hate to ask, but can I get a source for the Doughty money request?

p.s. A lot of us knew he would be good, and were saying it's best to sing him long-term last year. Hindsight be damned. :laugh:

PricePkPatch*

I hope PK will be the first and the last Canadien to ever wear the 76

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Can you believe it's been that long?? That's crazy.

We would have had more if not for a few misguided trades.

1982–83 Rod Langway Washington Capitals 1
1983–84 Rod Langway Washington Capitals 2

1984–85 Paul Coffey Edmonton Oilers 1
1985–86 Paul Coffey Edmonton Oilers 2
1986–87 Ray Bourque Boston Bruins 1
1987–88 Ray Bourque Boston Bruins 2
1988–89 Chris Chelios Montreal Canadiens 1
1989–90 Ray Bourque Boston Bruins 3
1990–91 Ray Bourque Boston Bruins 4
1991–92 Brian Leetch New York Rangers 1
1992–93 Chris Chelios Chicago Blackhawks 2
1993–94 Ray Bourque Boston Bruins 5
1994–95 Paul Coffey Detroit Red Wings 3
1995–96 Chris Chelios Chicago Blackhawks 3
2012–13 P.K. Subban Montreal Canadiens 1

The team has to stop shooting itself in the foot. Decisions should be made based on the on-ice performance.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
We would have had more if not for a few misguided trades.

1982–83 Rod Langway Washington Capitals 1
1983–84 Rod Langway Washington Capitals 2

1984–85 Paul Coffey Edmonton Oilers 1
1985–86 Paul Coffey Edmonton Oilers 2
1986–87 Ray Bourque Boston Bruins 1
1987–88 Ray Bourque Boston Bruins 2
1988–89 Chris Chelios Montreal Canadiens 1
1989–90 Ray Bourque Boston Bruins 3
1990–91 Ray Bourque Boston Bruins 4
1991–92 Brian Leetch New York Rangers 1
1992–93 Chris Chelios Chicago Blackhawks 2
1993–94 Ray Bourque Boston Bruins 5
1994–95 Paul Coffey Detroit Red Wings 3
1995–96 Chris Chelios Chicago Blackhawks 3
2012–13 P.K. Subban Montreal Canadiens 1

The team has to stop shooting itself in the foot. Decisions should be made based on the on-ice performance.

IIRC Langway requested a trade because he hated the city and the language.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
IIRC Langway requested a trade because he hated the city and the language.

I don't recall, but at the very least, the Chelios trade was based on his bad-boy reputation. The situation could have been better managed. Nonetheless, this perspective is relevant here. Manage any situation involving the chemistry of the team, so as to keep Subban a Hab for a long time: on-ice considerations matter most, and on the ice, he is both electrifying and effective.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Just curious, but I never read any reporters saying Subban was demanding 'Doughty money'. I read a lot of rumours from those generic web hits driving sites, but that's it, nothing from a reputable source. So I hate to ask, but can I get a source for the Doughty money request?

p.s. A lot of us knew he would be good, and were saying it's best to sing him long-term last year. Hindsight be damned. :laugh:

There was talk in Montreal on Tuesday the Subban camp could be looking for a deal similar to that signed by Los Angeles Kings defenceman Drew Doughty, who landed an eight-year deal worth $56 million. That sounds like a pretty lofty demand.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/01/08/count-on-mini-free-agent-frenzy-before-nhl-season-starts

I dunno that's one spot, seen something on CBS as well

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
I don't recall, but at the very least, the Chelios trade was based on his bad-boy reputation. The situation could have been better managed. Nonetheless, this perspective is relevant here. Manage any situation involving the chemistry of the team, so as to keep Subban a Hab for a long time: on-ice considerations matter most, and on the ice, he is both electrifying and effective.

Maybe, but he did sleep with Corey's wife, or at least that's the general consensus. I can't really blame the team for trading him if that's true.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
Not only got chills, but got choked up as well. I really need to stop being so emotional over hockey.

The "This or That" video that followed had me laughing. Kobe or Lebron?
"Kobe... come on..."

My girlfriend holds that against me... She's always telling me things like "I don't make you feel that way..."

Honestly though... how can she compete with 32 years of passion. While I think she's the one, I canT' help but think that hockey was always there and it always will be.

That video gave me shivers, PK is so young and his name is already next to the greats (dammit I have goosebumps writing this... yeah... she can't compete)

PricePkPatch*

Seriously tho, someone knows they add the dot over the K? It's quite obvious in the video it was deliberate, yet I hardly see why it was added.

Davebo*

Seriously tho, someone knows they add the dot over the K? It's quite obvious in the video it was deliberate, yet I hardly see why it was added.

How do you get that it's 'obviously' deliberate? I didn't see them put that there - it's just a flaw IMO, and will be coloured in or stained black.

PricePkPatch*

How do you get that it's 'obviously' deliberate? I didn't see them put that there - it's just a flaw IMO, and will be coloured in or stained black.

Near the end of the video (still trying to load it so I will give you the precise time), you see them actually scratching that dot

Edit: 1:25, you see them mark the spot with a pencil

... aw damn, I just relized the pencil was just a way to darknen the scratch. Nevermind people

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal

Sorry for being out of context.

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
At this time last year, people on this forum argued that Subban would be the number 2 dman at best behind Markov for 2012-2013. A greater number argued that Subban in his prime would not be Markov in his prime. Lafleur's guy stated that Subban might become a HOFer, and he was laughed at.

Let me maintain my position on the Subban bandwagon even though it's actually popular now: Subban will be a Norris finalist in 2013-2014 as long as he has a healthy season.

PricePkPatch*

I know its just a number but ive always wanted to see subban wear #6. I mean its still available.

I don't know. 76 is such a strange number to wear, there is something special thinking he can have such an impact he end up immortalizing the number, no?

Kind of like Gretzky did with 99, but maybe a little less league-wide. :-P

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
At this time last year, people on this forum argued that Subban would be the number 2 dman at best behind Markov for 2012-2013. A greater number argued that Subban in his prime would not be Markov in his prime. Lafleur's guy stated that Subban might become a HOFer, and he was laughed at.

Let me maintain my position on the Subban bandwagon even though it's actually popular now: Subban will be a Norris finalist in 2013-2014 as long as he has a healthy season.

I argued up and down he was the undisputed #1. Subban was already better defensively than Markov ever was, and clutch in the playoffs to boot. He may never read the game at the level Markov reads it at, but his athleticism is OFF THE CHARTS.

This is a player that IMO can play well into his 40s. He is a pure beast.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
I argued up and down he was the undisputed #1. Subban was already better defensively than Markov ever was, and clutch in the playoffs to boot. He may never read the game at the level Markov reads it at, but his athleticism is OFF THE CHARTS.

This is a player that IMO can play well into his 40s. He is a pure beast.

Unless he gets injured on multiple occasions. With the way he plays the game, how he has the ability to get on the nerve of the other teams and the importance he has for us, he will be a target this year. Even bigger than last year imo.

But just based on his athletics attributes? Yeah, I agree that he could definitely have a very long carreer.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal

Hindsight 20/20
What I read was that PK was asking for 30M for 5 years based on Dougthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00