Confirmed with Link: Subban wins the Norris!!!!! (per Reality)

void

Jan 5, 2006
@RealKyper:
Confirmed word out of Montreal and NY is #Canadian P.K Subban will be announced during Cup final as the winner of #NHL 2013 Norris trophy.

DogsFan*

This stinks of "Iginla to Boston". Lets just wait and see.. However Kypreos has a good source in Montreal so he may be right.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
There is going to be a lot of hate in the General Forum over this one boys, and I for one am super excited about it!

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Great news if true, and very well deserved.

I would say 'this should silence the haters', but I get the feeling it will only make them louder... :facepalm:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Also, Bergevin should never have been so stubborn on that bridge deal (his only blip imo so far). We could have had Subban signed at a discount. Short term gain for long term pain. His next contract will cost the Canadiens.

PK definitely deserved it. Happy Letang didn't win it, especially when you take into consideration his defensive game.

Harry Wong

Oct 25, 2009
First major trophy for a member of the Habs in long time.

Very well deserved imo. Lots of room for him to improve before he reaches his ceiling.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Oh man, he's gonna cost us a ******** of money next summer but congrats to PK if true. And a big **** you to all the haters out there.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
If true, I'm ridiculously happy for PK. Well deserved. :)

Still pissed that we didn't sign him long term when we had the chance, but I won't start this debate again. ;)

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Also, Bergevin should never have been so stubborn on that bridge deal (his only blip imo so far). We could have had Subban signed at a discount. Short term gain for long term pain. His next contract will cost the Canadiens.

I still don't think Bergevin cares about paying Subban what he's worth. To me that was the whole point of the bridge contract - I'm sure Bergevin knows he could have caved and signed Subban to a discount for a longer term, but I don't think his goal is to nickel-and-dime his players. I think he's more than okay with saying, "we don't have a problem paying you what you're worth if you accomplish the goals we set out for you". Maybe it'll cause him cap headaches, but I think he values the good will and the culture it creates over a million or so bucks in cap space.

At least, that's what I believe his philosophy to be. Whether you agree with it or not is another thing entirely, but I think it's at least respectable (if maybe not practical from the point of view of the cap).

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Apparently, the trophy will be engraved with:

* 48-game season

** winner only played 42 games (barely half a normal season)

*** won because Erik Karlsson was hurt in 2012-2013 (only played 17 games)

PK already has his acceptance speech prepared:

"I'd like to thank Matt Cooke. Here's your 100$, Cookie!"

(I believe :sarcasm: is not necessary, but just in case... :sarcasm:)

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I still don't think Bergevin cares about paying Subban what he's worth. To me that was the whole point of the bridge contract - I'm sure Bergevin knows he could have caved and signed Subban to a discount for a longer term, but I don't think his goal is to nickel-and-dime his players. I think he's more than okay with saying, "we don't have a problem paying you what you're worth if you accomplish the goals we set out for you". Maybe it'll cause him cap headaches, but I think he values the good will and the culture it creates over a million or so bucks in cap space.

At least, that's what I believe his philosophy to be. Whether you agree with it or not is another thing entirely, but I think it's at least respectable (if maybe not practical from the point of view of the cap).

I'm happy he has this attitude...who cares what he'll cost on his next contract. Management wanted him to earn his next lucrative contract, well he did and then some.

Time to ante up on their end...this should be the kind of cheque they sign with a smile on their face

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Colemanwtf.gif

So it leaked?... I don't know about this, I'm going to wait until it's official

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Too bad there's no awards ceremony...would of been hilarious to see a trophy award winner being booed during his acceptance speech lol

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary

PK definitely deserved it. Happy Letang didn't win it, especially when you take into consideration his defensive game.
Using the bridge contract is not only smart but a must for any GM to properly manage a team. Look at Edmonton for proof of what overpaying for kids does to your ability to build a competitive team. The CBA was designed to keep a lid on salaries for younger players. If you don't use it then you are a fool. Now all of Edmontons younger players will want what Ebs and Hall received with their 2nd contract. RNH, Yaks And Schultz will want the 5 million per. What a mess. Hats off to MB for using his brain.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: