Subban Contract Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 22, 2012
I'm hoping the deal Gets done because if subban gets to arbitration, leafs fans will view it as some type of victory for their team

Every leaf contract argument nullified, reason: Clarkson.

Meanwhile, is that Martin Gerber?

Bt8xN2OIUAACYCu.jpg:large

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I'm hoping the deal Gets done because if subban gets to arbitration, leafs fans will view it as some type of victory for their team
LOL it is not the time to be a Leaf fan...they need every type of victory they can get...:D

Subban will sign at the 11th hour, long term deal...and Hab fans will still argue about it...:D

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013

What's with this board's fixation with the Leafs? Fear, paranoia, or that we lost our businesses and finances to them. What? They aren't our main competitors. Time to move on to jeers from Boston instead.

Laps40

Dec 16, 2006
Montreal
oh well this sucks. Don't want to jump to conclusions but i guess Subban will go next year if there's more money elsewhere. :thumbd:

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Because friends and local people are all loud leafs fans despite their lack of success in the last 7 years.

I see more local Boston fans than Leafs fans in Montreal.

Anyway, thing is, unfortunately for us, Toronto has been more successful in everything else but hockey. That's all we have but at least we have that. Insults against the Leafs for no reason look like petty jealousy.

Time to move on and focus on Boston.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Anyway, thing is, unfortunately for us, Toronto has been more successful in everything else but hockey. That's all we have but at least we have that. Insults against the Leafs for no reason look like petty jealousy.

Not an insult it's an observation. They legitimately think that

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Well, Toronto stole our bagels. There's that.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Not an insult it's an observation. They legitimately think that

It hasn't happened yet, so it would be hard to observe. We come on as so stupid and petty when we do things like that. If we want to say we are the class of the forums, we should act like it, not like some trolling kid.

Anyway, enough of that, one hour to go to the end of this melodrama ... I am curious as hell to see what the arbitrator's numbers will be.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Unless PK wins another Norris, there's nothing that he will do ('cause he will still makes his occasional mistakes, like the others...) that will make Bergevin give him a 11M$ per contract for 8 years next year, as the cap and his performance would suggest he deserves.

Clearly, Bergevin and Co do not think, if they can't get a deal done this morning, that Subban is that important to the team. And frankly, besides everything else, THAT is the scary part.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Unless PK wins another Norris, there's nothing that he will do ('cause he will still makes his occasional mistakes, like the others...) that will make Bergevin give him a 11M$ per contract for 8 years next year, as the cap and his performance would suggest he deserves.

Clearly, Bergevin and Co do not think, if they can't get a deal done this morning, that Subban is that important to the team. And frankly, besides everything else, THAT is the scary part.

This is mostly how I feel. At a certain point you have to start wondering why an organization seems to have so much trouble with an ideal player.

It's not really the end of the world, but it's worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad