Not open for further replies.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
Marc+Bergevin+Montreal+Canadiens+Introduce+CM7tJXWjv51l.jpg

Toro

Sep 6, 2005
Windsor
Thought the offer from the habs would be like 6.5 or 6.8 for 1 yr not 5.nothing

I am missing something in the strategy with Subban..Why they dissrespecting him all the time? When does he earn respect? I mean any other player who has accomplished what PK has gets way better respect then this crap.

Hope their not banking on his loyalty to his childhood team and gonna low ball him out of town.
Sure He cant earn too much more then Price but he will have to earn more though..Just sign him long term MB or your outta here.

highstick14*

It's going to be a 1 year deal, based on arbitration ruling.

Habs hold all the cards until July 1st 2016. It's clear that Habs brass is not sold on PK.

I love what Bergy is doing here. He's not being a pushover. If they don't come to agreement, long term, sometime next season, he'll get traded - hopefully for a very good return. Sell high, buy low, baby!

Should be happy we have a GM putting the team first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven

Habs hold all the cards until July 1st 2016. It's clear that Habs brass is not sold on PK.

I love what Bergy is doing here. He's not being a pushover. If they don't come to agreement, long term, sometime next season, he'll get traded - hopefully for a very good return. Sell high, buy low, baby!

I really dont get where you got the info that it will be a 1 yr deal and how come the habs are not sold on PK.

Masuli

May 8, 2013
Turku, Finland

Subban has nothing to prove anymore. Can he progres? Absolutely. Can he mature? Absolutely. Can he become even better? Oh yes! But these things has nothing to do with this contract and the fact that he deserves the money. Hell Kane/Toews 22mil/season in total for the 2 and we are afraid to give 7,5-8m to our best player in quite a while.

I never believed in the color thing but I have to admit that I'm leaning towards the fact that if it was a "normal" d-man coming off his 2nd year as the points leader in playoffs of your team, the points leader the other regular season and 2nd this year, Norris Trophy winner and olympic gold medalist the negotiations would not have come to this.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
brb being generous with dd , gorges , emelin , eller but trying to low ball our best player ....**** you MB.

Doesn't really make much sense does it? Best to lock him up for 7-8 years now. Next year Subban could just accept qualifying offer then eyeball UFA in 2016. Where he will get much more. Be cheaper and no risk losing him if sign long term now.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I barely followed the whole Subban situation this summer. So arbitration is due today?

Tomorrow is Arbitration, meaning they have pretty much a day to get a deal done if they want to avoid it, which they likely will, I'm assuming.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

and Tom Gilbert becomes our best RW dman...

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Martin Maguire was on 98,5FM last night, and he talked about this whole deal.

He was hopeful they would reach a deal.

But he also said something a bit ominous... something to the effect that he was about to become the highest salaried player in Canadiens history and maybe also, the highest paid defenseman in the NHL. He said there would be expectations attached to that and that PK had to be ready to deal with that.

Are the media salivating at the idea to be able to get the tar & feathers out on PK if he doesn't play up to their "expectations" after getting his deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad