Subban Contract Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MontrealFans

Apr 4, 2004
I for one just cant wait for the numbers to be released.

MB 4.7mil PK 10mil lol I would laugh myself into a deep coma

Kubus

Jun 22, 2014
That was a nice quote, let me write in again to you ''It takes some special kind of stupid to think the person in charge of SALARY arbitration is not going to look at the salaries around the league''.
Now tell me Sherlock, where does it say that cap hits are also not going to be looked at?
I'm responding to people claiming salaries aren't going to be looked at, and you're trying to spin it around as if I said cap hits were not going to also be part of the conversation?

But hey, I really love it how you try to ridicule a poster that says salary will be looked at in salary arbitration. Man, you're really showing him let me tell you. :biglaugh:

In the CBA. Any mention to cap hit or % of salary is not admissible in the arbitration process.

A nice little breakdown how arbitration works.
http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/538417

Kubus

Jun 22, 2014
Here's my prediction.

2 year deal, 7.5M AAV, (arbitration ruling). If he doesn't sign long term by January, he gets traded.

At least that. Weber got 7.5 per 3 years ago. Subban also won the Norris and is much more marketable.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
lol don't be surprised to hear 9 million....

I will bet you $9M that PK will not be awarded $9M by the arbitrator.

In the CBA. Any mention to cap hit or % of salary is not admissible in the arbitration process.

As Kriss E would say, you don't know what your talking about. You're being a stupid, cry baby and I never said that (if I draw attention away from the my post that you quoted, it will cease to exist). Man you're dumb and your mother drsses you funny. :help:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Isn't a player's cap hit and the share from HRR two different things entirely?

As Kriss E would say, you don't know what your talking about. You're being a stupid, cry baby and I never said that (if I draw attention away from the my post that you quoted, it will cease to exist). Man you're dumb and your mother drsses you funny. :help:
Well no. That is not at all what I said to him as you can see. It just shows you how bad you were at understanding me. On top of it, weren't you the one that kept mentioning cap hits?

Noldo

May 28, 2007
At least that. Weber got 7.5 per 3 years ago. Subban also won the Norris and is much more marketable.

Weber's arbitration award, nor the salaries the award was based (Keith's and Seabrook's salary in 2012) are not valid comparables in arbitration.

Basically, there are two defencemen that have signed their contracts as RFAs and earn more than 7 million next seasons:

Weber (14 million)
Keith (7.6 million)

If the numbers ever become public (i.e. Subban's negotiations go to the deadline or Subban actually goes to arbitration), I would be utterly amazed if MTL's request is anything more than 6.5 million, considering that Green will make 6.25 million and Karlsson 6.5 million and those two are very easy comparables for Subban when you take into consideration point production and powerplay time and penalty killing time.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Well no. That is not at all what I said to him as you can see. It just shows you how bad you were at understanding me. On top of it, weren't you the one that kept mentioning cap hits?

I'm just having fun with with you Kriss. You don't have to be so sensitive. ;)

Kubus

Jun 22, 2014
I will bet you $9M that PK will not be awarded $9M by the arbitrator.

:dunce: my mommy tells me I look real handsome like

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Do you want Subban playing 25 minutes a night or 21-22? No way Tinordi is ready for the minutes Subban needs to play. Unless you want Markov to be running on fumes, he needs his minutes cut a bit and Subban to take more, in order to do that he needs a partner that can play 20-22 minutes, not 14-17.

I can see Tinordi getting reps with Subban at times during the year, but not his full time partner. Emelin makes more sense to me.

You forget that Subban plays an average of almost 5 PP minutes a game. With that said... I don't mind Emelin there for a year or two. However Tinordi will supplant him before long.

Kubus

Jun 22, 2014

What exactly do you think the cap is based on? Do you think the CBA talks about cap or HRR?
A player's cap hit, is our term, for his share of HRR.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What exactly do you think the cap is based on? Do you think the CBA talks about cap or HRR?
A player's cap hit, is our term, for his share of HRR.

From the old CBA, that is what HRR included:

1) NHL Regular Season & Playoff Gate Receipts
2) Pre-Season Games
3) Special Games (International Exhibition Games, etc)
4) NHL National, International and National Digital Broadcasts
5) NHL Networks
6) Local Cable Television Broadcasts
7) Local Pay-Per-View, Satellite and Other Broadcasts
8) Local Over-the-Air Television Broadcasts
9) Local Radio Broadcasts
10) Club Internet
11) Publications
12) In-Arena Novelty Sales
13) Non-Arena Novelty Sales
14) Concessions
15) Luxury Boxes/Suites
16) Club/Premium Seats
17) Fixed Signage/Arena Sponsorships
18) Temporary Signage/Club Sponsorships
19) Dasherboards
20) Parking
21) Other Revenues (sale of game-worn jerseys, skills competitions, open practices, etc)

There are other revenues that are excluded.

So no, I didn't know if HRR=Cap hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad