Value of: Subban and Turris for a top line center.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'd give up Stamkos for that, with a +, but I don't see him waiving to go anywhere.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
How many great defensemen do you need? I'd roll a top 4 of Josi-Ellis Ekholm-Hamhuis and it would still be better than many top 4s in the league.
Lets just ignore the fact that zero first line centers are on the market.

Subban put up 60 pts and Turris was on pace for 65 pts. So you would need 1 player to roughly replace 125 pts. McDavid isn't even putting that much up.

Also their is roughly 15 centers that put up a noticeable difference in points at center then what Turris did.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Lets just ignore the fact that zero first line centers are on the market.

Subban put up 60 pts and Turris was on pace for 65 pts. So you would need 1 player to roughly replace 125 pts. McDavid isn't even putting that much up.
That's not how it works. Someone will take Subban's ice time, we're not just going to roll with 5 defenders because we traded one. Ellis and Ekholm will get more icetime and likely put up much better numbers, and whoever plays in the 4 spot will also put up numbers. In the end, you'll still get close to 60 points, it's just more spread out. Also, how are you figuring Turris' pace?

Reactions: DarthProbert

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'd do Stamkos for Subban straight up.

Although I like a 1-2-3 of Point-Turris-Johnson, so I'd add Stralman, or something else, to bring in Turris too.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad